What's for dinner/ How you like dumplings?

I am having some pork and cabbage dumplings. Homemade. I like them like this, with a bit of a thick/chewy skin.

fun fact: the greatest Chinese food of all time was invented in Boston, it is the Peking Ravioli.

The leftovers of what I'm making for my work lunch tomorrow... so...

Oven baked chicken thigh for the protein
Steamed red potato, broccoli, bell pepper for the vegg
Clementine, strawberries, blueberries for the fruit
White rice wrapped in seaweed for the carb

that looks absolutely delicious. do you dip or sauce with something like gyoza sauce or just eat as is?

you're british?

i know it is not 'the right way', burt in the bowl itself i hae scallions, dried chili, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, and soy sauce

ha. the right way. i say if you enjoy it that way, it's the right way. i wouldn't turn my nose up at it. how long do those have to cook?

Only my dick; he likes the ladies classy and posh.

No, that does sound like one of the right ways. Having the sauce in the bowl and having a whole bunch of dumplings is definitely how some areas of China eat dumplings.

once the water boils, about ten minutes

looks good mate what's the recepie

oh, well that's good to know :p

well, i just googled one about a year ago and do a variation on that. but mainly napa cabage, ground pork, sake, soy sauce, white pepper, garlic, ginger for the filling.

and just flour and water for the wrappers

Jap/Chinese fusion delivery. I got
>veggie lo mein
>2pc octopus sashimi
>4pc ell roll
>steamed dumpling
Only cost me 25 dollars.
Living in a major city is good sometimes

im in nyc, so i got you beat, nbitch

Boston has a lot of good takeout places to.
>inb4 hur dur new York is waaaaay beter thean Boston
I litteraly don't care.

>im in nyc
I'm sorry to hear that.

a friend took me to dim sum go go when i was up there a couple years ago. whats your favorite dim sum join in NYC?

Got two pizzas from Domino's. One with pineapple, jalapeno, and black olives. One with hamburger, mushroom, green pepper and onions.

I so wish I could work with dough to make dumplings and the like, but it always ends in a hair-pulling sticky disaster.

I flour the board, flour the rolling pin, flour my hands, but it doesn't prevent me from wasting 1/3 of my shit due to having to wash it down the drain.

Any tips for a terrible baker?

Eh just buy the dumpling wraps pre made at an Asian supermarket, I never bother with doughs

What this guy said. If you can't into the wraps, just buy the store made ones and make the filling yourself. Wraps can take forever to make; I haven't fully mastered the japanese style dumpling wraps myself. More traditional semolina ravioli, you fucking betcha though.

>Want to make pierogis
>Dont know shit

where do I begin?