Adding Salt to Beer

What's the point of this? I think people do it with domestic beers around here

I have some Miller High Life should I try it? What else can you add to beers?

Clamato

Helps to dehydrate you faster for better hangovers

Never heard of this, are you pulling my leg?

Add a splash of OJ to your miller high life, though. Not good stuff like simply orange, but more like gas station gallon milk-bottle orange juice. Brass Monkeys!

Maybe with inferior beers, but with a nice cool Bud there is no need for additions. Perfect from the fridge every time.

Domestic beer is like 5% or less. If you dilute it, then you'll never get a buzz unless you are the lightweight of lightweights.

kek

Budweiser is fucking garbage. Out of all the 30-rack-macs, I don't why this one came out on the top of the heap. Pretty much anything else from High Life to PBR to Schlitz to Coors et. al. is better than Budweiser.

Really is perplexing.

This is just for tropical climate, right? To refill your bodies salt cellar when it's been sweated out?

a bit of salt and lemon on the rim of a bottle leaves a delicious lipsmacking taste after each swig. particularly good with quite bland mexican beers.

putting it directly in the beer is just silly.

I think it's an international/marketing thing
Bud isn't THAT bad desu,Millers draft is probs my fav American macro

I used to bartend and I had a regular who liked his coors light on the rocks with salt and a lime. seemed like a lighter, less sugary margarita.

also, I the german gose is typically brewed with salt. not my preferred style but a lot of people like it

My dad does this. We were eating at a restaurant together and I asked him about it, he said it just tastes good.

Ive heard of cracking salt into chocolate milk, not beer before though

It's a mexican thing to add salt to the neck of a bottle of dos equis or corona or one of their cervezas. You lick the neck and take a swig, it's really not bad, but I know it can't be good for me so I steer away

The beer is worse for you than the salt bro. Just do it.

maybe in mexican piss.

in nothing else.

I am from the tropics and I have never done or even heard of this.

Hydration to us includes nothing more than water for even the hardest working laborer. There are enough salts in most foods

We laugh when a white man walks around with bananas and Gatorade telling us we will die if we don't consume them.

>What else can you add to beers?
v8 and tapitio

Am I the onlyone that adds a splash of coke to domestic beers?

Might seem unorthodox at first, but it's pretty good.

>drinking rice beer

Marketing.

>he doesn't like goses

>what else can you add to beer

whiskey. I hate weak beer. it needs to be at least 5% alcohol

It's poor man's chelada. Beaners do this.

This really made me burst outr laughing and I don't know why

KEK my boy

Where in the world do you live where beer is lower than 5% alcohol?

does this taste decent? i mean, i dont mind a little kick to my beer, but just mixing liquor to beer sounds terrible

why would you water down water?

That's nothing. Some people where I lived would pour fucking sugar in soda to de-carbonate it.

I've heard of older people doing this to cut the bitterness

If your beer is 4.2% it wouldn't make a difference of a single 5% beer for about 6 beers

Meaning a 6 pack of 4.2% would only be one less serving of alcohol than a 6 pack of 5%

The only acceptable form of this is adding Old Bay to a National Bohemian to make a Bohtini

I fucking threw my head back and jiggled my tits laffin
5/5 post m8

I agree. All I drink anymore is budweiser and Guinness draft cans.

>Not good stuff like Simply Orange

>Squeeze lime into bottle.
>Rub bottle with lime.
>Sprinkle salt on the moist bottle.
>Shove lime into beer, tip over with thumb over mouth of bottle, slowly un-tip

Boom, dressed beer.

Works great with any lager, shitty or mediocre. Bonus points for a Mexican lager, but it's fine with American macro lagers, too.

OC image with some lazy-day hot dogs.

Murga. Most lite beers (see: pisswater) that diabetic flyovers guzzle down is like 3.5-4.5% ABV.

that's some serious write trash youve got going there

you should probably leave

>Not understanding the most perfecly brewed beer ever made.
Go back to drinking your garbage blue ribbon fag

If you think that's weird, fisherman will sometimes add little minnows, still alive, into their pints of beer and let them swim around for a minute before guzzling them down.

Chug it with your butt

>Dressed beer

kek shut the fuck up

Yes!

It's one of my go to drinks; I love it.

Used to bartend and the old men would put it in there beer to get rid of the foam/ head

how white are you?

Well, I'm a big fan of the Rankin Family.

I'll give you one guess.

Best Gose right here.

Westbrook's is great too. Sours are my favorite beer variety.

people who don't like too much carbonation do this. It forces CO2 out by a phenomenon known as nucleation.

This is also why you don't add dry yeast nutrient to fermenting beer or wine or whatever unless you want a terrible, sticky mess to clean. True story.

No. They're meant to be chugged by frat boys doing pub crawls.

Google it.

It's a thing.

>What else can you add to beers?

There is no mention of lemonade yet?

I usually add a lot, but just enough to make a noticeable change in color turns shitty Coronas into less shitty Corona.

honestly i thought the same thing until i had one in st Louis. I think their quality control sucks outside of certain bars.

It's just going to happen when it's being sold in every stadium and poo in loo gas station in the country. Stuff gets warm, cold a few times and left sitting for too long and get's skanky

Call me crazy i swear my uncle used to do this. He would sit there with a beer and hit it with a tiny pinch of salt before each couple of swigs, apparently it would make the beer foam and bring back the "head".

At that point though its mainly just a texture and a drunkenness youre going for.

As a german, I'll you this:

Don't mess with a german beer. A slice of lemon along with your Weizen is acceptable but ruining your "nach deutschem Reinheitsgebot gebrautem" Pilsner? PLEASE DON'T.

It's only something you should do if you want a "red" beer where you mix it with tomato juice (or clamato if you're a sick fuck) then you top with salt and pepper.

This is the answer.
American Pilsners aren't exactly renowned for their flavor. Some people add salt to it to boost what little flavor is actually there.

So yeah..

LOOL, true.

not as good as czech or belgian beer

>sugar and artificial flavours

rice rice baby

i'd rather just drink the whiskey then sip the beer

It actually works well with decent Jenever

belgian ales can be great but belgian pilsner is straight trash. stale adjuct addled trash.

That actually sounds better than pure salt.

My friend uses a tablespoon of iodized salt to 4 beers, it's horrifying to watch. I tried it and it was terrible.

>Iodized salt

Not even once.