Saturated fat and dietary cholesterol

Let's talk about it. Studies have shown that dietary cholesterol does not affect serum cholesterol levels and that the consumption of saturated fat does not increase the incidence of heart disease. Furthermore, low-carb, high-fat diets have been shown to decrease the incidence of diabetes, heart disease and all-cause mortality, whereas high-carb, low-fat diets have been shown to have the opposite effect.

Thus, bacon and eggs are healthier than potatoes and pasta.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

gifsound.com/?gif=i.4cdn.org/sci/1461971885556.gif&v=x6QZn9xiuOE&s=2
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112
care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/8/1777.full
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188274
archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1710093
drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/feb/pritikinpdf3.pdf
diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/52/12/2882.long
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889159112003418
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1084952115002451
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dying is a side effect of Living

Discuss.

no
just no
get an education in nutrition
and when I say nutrition I mean nutrition, saturated fat and dietary cholesterol does not an education make

>Studies have shown that dietary cholesterol does not affect serum cholesterol levels and that the consumption of saturated fat does not increase the incidence of heart disease.
>Thus, bacon and eggs are healthier than potatoes and pasta.

look up fallacy of composition/hasty generalization and come back to us

Citations needed.

Watching that gif is pure torture. Damn you OP.

Carbohydrates are memes. Everyone I know who goes on low-fat are the most obese unhealthy fucks I've seen. Real men eat meat.

look up nutrition effects on humans and you will no this is bait, kys.

>Real men eat meat.

Real men don't need meat to make their own testosterone.

I believe eating everything in moderation is healthy.

Even cigarettes?

Real men transmute all their nutrients out of thin air.

People seem to have a lot of success with a low carb / high fat diet such as keto. You can't deny that it will make you lose weight. It might have some side effects who knows.

>meat
>non Vegan protein

>healthier

I tried keto. So I could continue eating pizzas, I piled on the pepperoni until it was 4 inches deep (so the relative amount of fat/carbs was maintained) but I still gained weight.

>he thought that was funny

You poor sickly man. How do you have enough strength to shitpost?

It won't make you lose weight if you're eating the same amounts of calories

Diets are a meme

>le not enough energy and protein on Vegan diet meme
Stay lazy, dirty meat eater. Just remember I am objectively better than you and will be the first into Heaven

>I am objectively better than you and will be the first into Heaven

>Tacitly admitting that you have a shortened lifespan from not eating meat

Yes it will.

3000 cals of pizza, mountain dew, and fudge rounds

VS

3000 cals of stir fry chicken, steak, mountains of veggies, etc..

but that's the beauty of low carb diets. you have to try really hard to eat a lot of calories on them.

No, I will be given first entry because I do not defile the Earth with my gluttony and hence my life works to further promote the glory of Allah

That's what I'm saying, because you die sooner, you get in sooner. It's like setting off for Six Flags at 06:00 instead of 13:00.

That's the same thing, you're just eating more volume with 3000 Kcals.

nigga, pizza is not keto. unless the crust was made out of cauliflower. and yes, it's possible to go overboard with the fat / protein and actually gain weight.

No, you will die first. I will die later, then Allah will move ahead of the queue ahead of you and all your filthy meat eater friends

I think it was a joke

>calories in, calories out! it's that simple! lel

You know, as an actual Muslim, your b8 saddens me because I know there are progressive Muslims who really believe this nonsense.

It pretty much is that simple, usually

>nonsense
I bet you're dyel, infidel

>No, you will die first. I will die later, then Allah will move ahead of the queue ahead of you and all your filthy meat eater friends

Clearly you haven't read the Quran:
>Thou shalt eat meat, man.
[13th amendment to the Quran]

>I bet you're dyel, infidel
Even though it's obvious you're trolling, I'll just remind people in case they take you seriously.

The Qur'an explicitly allows mankind to use animals for food, transportation, etc.

It is He who created for you all of that which is on the earth. Then He directed Himself to the heaven, [His being above all creation], and made them seven heavens, and He is Knowing of all things. [al-Baqarah, 2:29]

And He has subjected to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth - all from Him. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought. [al-Jathiyah, 45:13]

And the grazing livestock He has created for you; in them is warmth and [numerous] benefits, and from them you eat. [an-Nahl, 16:5]

The Qur'an also allows and requires rape, pedophilia, misogyny, religious fundamentalism (in the current year) , and the evidence is against it having divine origin, so who cares Meaty Mohammed

No caps. Incorrect use of a comma.
>saturated fat and dietary cholesterol does not an education make
Purple prose used to embellish a statement of fact that doesn't refute anything.

ketofag here,

Been doing it on and off for years. Have done several experiments and noticed I do significantly better in school. If you workout simultaneously and eat properly you get abs/your body fat drops. (This can be done without keto mind you but forcing myself to eat a certain way prevents me from getting fat/out of shape while living at school.) Sex is noticeably better while in ketosis. Feels bretty good man.

>putting misogyny in a list of bad things
very subtle

>First they came for the women, and I did not speak out—
>Because I was not a woman.

>Then they came for the shemales, and I did not speak out—
>Because I was not a shemale.

>Then they came for the traps, and I did not speak out—
>Because I was not a trap.

>Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

>implying women would ever speak for us

>misogyny is not bad
>women spend all their time speaking and can't contribute to society outside of that
>women wouldn't speak for others
. Redbuttonsweat.jpg

You make no sense. Be a man for once, and try to use logic.

males cant use logic, that part of brain is full of sexism

>mfw i drank a lot of bacon grease two nights ago, and ate 800 calories of bacon

It's good if I am only 24 right?

gifsound.com/?gif=i.4cdn.org/sci/1461971885556.gif&v=x6QZn9xiuOE&s=2

You just lack reading comprehension and sufficient working memory capacity

Real men photosynthesize.

>Studies have shown that dietary cholesterol does not affect serum cholesterol levels
those either (1) don't control for background cholesterol intake; people with already high dietary cholesterol consumption don't see much of an effect because intestinal cholesterol transporters are saturated at low levels of dietary cholesterol consumption or (2) look at fat people with large endogeneous cholesterol pools and thus large enterohepatic circulation of endogenous cholesterol, running into the same problem

>the consumption of saturated fat does not increase the incidence of heart disease.
these look at folks who replace the calories they would've gotten from saturated fat with refined carbohydrate. when restricting to people who replace them with whole food sources of carbohydrate or unsaturated fat, it does increase heart disease.

>Furthermore, low-carb, high-fat diets have been shown to decrease the incidence of diabetes, heart disease and all-cause mortality
think you mean increase, unless they're plant-based (which is still inferior to an ordinary healthy diet in the AMDR though IMO)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112

>whereas high-carb, low-fat diets have been shown to have the opposite effect
diabetes
care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/8/1777.full

heart disease
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=188274

all cause mortality
archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1710093

also a good read
drmcdougall.com/misc/2013nl/feb/pritikinpdf3.pdf

granted these are vegan/quasi-vegan high carb diets, which i don't think are necessary for good health, but they refute the idea that carbs are the evil boogeyman the church of low carb makes them out to be

>bacon and eggs are healthier than potatoes and pasta
processed meat including bacon is harmful, eggs are neutral at

In August of 2015my bloods came back and the doctor told me my cholesterol was 7.1 where the normal amount is 5.0.

He said it was bad and the vertigo I was complaining about may be due to the levels.

March of this year I returned and had a blood test.. He doctor was shocked a my hc cholesterol level 4.7.. How did you do it he asked.

Well Op. I just omitted meat besides seafood.

And dairy

>being a slave to the nuclear fusion jew

How much meat and dairy were you consuming and what kind of meat?

Potatoes and pasta are not part of the paleo diet because of irritation to the gut and antinutrients.

Whole chunks of ham and eggs are acceptable to eat IF you are also consuming nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and herbs.

Nutrition is a bullshit major, and nutritionalists are fucking retards

t. M.D.

As a science nutrition is as soft as diarrhea. There are many conflicting studies I would argue that it's better to use intuitive logic to stay healthy. Callorie intake, not fat intake, equals body mass. If you eat more than your TDEE you gain weight, but lifestyle effects TDEE. In some circumstances what you eat changes your TDEE although media overstates this. High fats/keto diets work but you loss significant muscle mass when working out because you deprived your muscles of the primary anaerobic nutrient source, carbohydrates, and they have to metabolize protein instead (including breaking down your own muscles for protein). Keto also leads to rapid potassium loss and the consequences that result from it.

>High fats/keto diets work
By making you sick

diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/52/12/2882.long
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889159112003418
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1084952115002451