Be me

>be me
>be 11 years old
>"Dad, how does the stock market work?"
>"No one knows, Son."
>dad is a fucking CPA.

Why? I'm 29 now. It's not that complicated.

he didn't give a fuck about explaining that shit to a retarded 11 yr old

This, he didn’t have 4 hours to spare.
Also he’s right you know. Stay away, goy

prove you're 29 by showing us your watch

fuck I miss those types of watches you could get out of the book mobile type thing that leeched money from grade school parents back in the 90s

"it's easy son"
"buy the f*cking dip and hodl" :)

but srs. if anyone actually wants tips for the stockmarket I can help. I have alot of experience and have done seminars etc.

This you dumb fuck.

You know shit about the stock market still, young autist.

Also, look into air fryers. Easy way to cook chicken tendies, and quicker than oven.

Do you run a fund, do you outperform the market, for long have you been doing this? What's your return yoy?
Nobody is interested in some seminarcuck user.

He couldnt be fucked explaining it you user, probably thinking even if he dumbed it down, you being 11 meant it would be a waste of time to begin with

>thinks stock market is one word
>taking him seriously for >.5 seconds

But his answer made me think I'll never understand it and it's hopeless to even try. How hard would it be to say "Buyers and sellers come together to trade stocks. Stocks represent ownership of a company. The more profitable the company, the more owning a piece of that company is worth, and that makes the price go up."

Been doing it for 30 years, have a 29x return. Investing only in industrial stocks in australia. biggest returns have come from Commonwealth bank, coca cola and westfield group.
Have sort of been lucky to be able to buy alot just after the GFC. Reinvested all dividends. Now have a networth in the millions. And no, I dont run a fund, I no longer work in the industry due to the shit that financial planners/advisers feed to people. the shitty all ords and term deposits the make people invest in because they are considered 'safe', when in reality, the safest form of investing has and always will be the stock market.

Thanks, just bought 100,000.

>tfw I can tell that you're still living at home at 29 even though you didn't say if you were or not.

Kys beta fag

>The more profitable the company, the more owning a piece of that company is worth, and that makes the price go up.
false

Market basics are easy, market reality is algos making trades faster than you can even imagine

please don't assume that everyone on here is spewing bullshit. there are some genuine pepole

Well how does it work then, Dad? Explain like I'm 11.

you can trade as fast as a robot if you want, but not just as frequently

>Son, the key question is figuring out a profitable strategy, and then do not sell it, do not explain it to anyone, and I do not even tell my son I have it

Does anyone have any further questions?

Also if anyone is interested, there is a book written by one of my colleagues who has been in the game a while longer than me, and its a great book that I recommend to newer people.

Motivated Money: You've Invested Well?
Book by Peter Thornhill

Cheers

>Betamon used Firm Handshake
>It's not very effective

Kek

Ah nice, sounds solid, so many people talk bs over here. We completely agree on a shitty industry, it's ridiculous to see these 'financial analysts' talk people into half-assed funds and out of direct investing into stocks while all they do is bitch for some liquidity from central banks propping up markets so these 'pros' can buy whatever and it goes up. Few people can actually pick proper stocks.
Over here (germany) you get around 0.25 interest (obv eaten up by inflation) if you simply keep your money in the bank, the moment they have your money they move it into spanish bonds for an easy 6% return.
It's an incredible shady business and many germans are burned because they bought telekom a few years ago at 60,- until it dumped back to 10,-.
Back then it was hailed as the Volksaktie, so many germans got ripped that only around 8% are actively invested in stocks. 8%! Basically nothing.
I'm still young at 35 but taught everything to myself for years, established a small very successful fund for my uncle who was sceptic at first but was proven wrong soon.
I paid my fair share but also did some incredible trades and picked some awesome stocks. Now we have around 80 different stocks and a few ETFs, with a yoy return of around 30-40% (no derivatives).
What's your take on the short/mid-term future of the stock market, especially with Trump in power.
Do you believe his macroeconomics will further stimulate or be responsible for the next recession?
I unironically believe he is too retarded to even understand the very basics like e.g. that a strong dollar isn't necessarily bad for an advanced economy like the US, he seems to be stuck in the 60s, but that's just me.

that book isn't available where i am do you have any other suggestions or advice

your dad is a genius.

>tfw think walter jr is kinda cute

no homo

The price is driven by expectations about the future which dictate supply and demand.

Thanks, I'll tell my children.

because of stupid followup questions