What are your opinions on frozen beef patties?

What are your opinions on frozen beef patties?

Great if you need to feed a bunch of people you don't really care about.

it doesnt hold a candle to a real homemade burger, but i keep them around for quick lunches. better than shit like hotpockets

My thoughts, exactly.

It's fine, if you don't have a cow available to grind up at the moment.

>Great if you need to feed a bunch of people you don't really care about.
This.

1) They are the ones always recalled from e.coli outbreaks.
2) They're overcompacted/firm.
3) They are like mechanically separated and formed, and you get that hard bit of bone or gristle in there that puts you off eating the rest of it.
4) highest fat content allowed by law. I prefer sirloin.

Wait, so if frozen beef patties are bad what are we supposed to make burgers out of??

Pretty sure I've seen higher than 22% fat in raw beef.

probably pricier than just ground beef you could freeze yourself. How much does 6lbs of frozen patties sell for?

>highest fat content allowed by law

Literally the first time I've ever heard anything about this and I'm seriously doubting it's really a thing. (I'm drunk, but am almost positive I see 70/30 ground beef all the time...)

They have some use.

Like if you don't usually have the patience to cook you could allocate some free time to cook/grill them all, let them cool in a container, then individually wrap and freeze them.

That way just microwave one when you want one.

They're good if you're australian

If the second ingredient is "soy" or some other grain..toss it.

The one thing I hate thee most is bone chips, and I seem to get a lot of them in these. I also get them in the tubes of beef, so I only get deli packs of mince.

Its better then starving.

I like them when doing work at home because they take like 3 minutes to cook

I like their chicken patties but never tried those. Their chicken patties I just put in the pan with a very tiny amount of oil and brown the breading slightly while I do the same to the bread, take them off, add tomato and lettuce and some kind of dressing to the sandwich. They are usually better than McDonalds McChicken ones.

They always taste of freezer and the texture is garbage.

I dont know. Had a BBQ one fourth of July and my cousin brought some, they were a weird texture though. Must have not been 100 percent hamburger meat, were closer to a boca burger. Anyway, everyone except me was too drunk to give a fuck

Its cheaper than buying the same amount of meat isnt it?
I use them when cooking for one. Defrost them and they are a quarter pound of ground beef. Or do 4 for a box of hamburger helper.

Literally only as something you throw together for yourself as a guilty/lazy meal that you don't mind feeling unwell after.