Would you cook in IKEA's new kitchen?

conceptkitchen2025.com/

IKEA recently collaborated with university students to envision what kitchens would be like in 10 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonexaminer.com/fusion-misattributes-racist-quote-to-donald-trump/article/2567872
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The smart table displays the nutrition content of food, suggests recipes, and even walks through how to make it.

It also makes use of induction to cook food and charge mobile devices.

Waste is sorted and vacuum packed, and the sink has a composting system. The kitchen is fridgeless to be more economic.

>can scan through a bowl
hello skynet!

That's what I thought at first too. It actually uses an overhead camera to recognize different foods. The text is projected on to the table.

Honestly, it seems like the kitchen for guys who miss their mom cooking and cleaning for them. It really does dumb down cooking for even the most incompetent.

>the kitchen is fridgeless
hahahahaha are these cucks fucking serious? They think fridges will be over in 10 years? People won't like cold drinks in 10 years?
To be economic? Are we hitting the second great depression?

This is what I mean by oversimplifying.

>no fridge
Fuck that shit. Fridges are an essential part of a functional kitchen, not just for preservation and storage but cold drinks, setting things, drying things...

Guys, I'm scared of the future.

You're not the only one, user.
There is also a VR headset one, where the viewer has to nod their head to a message on their screen that says, "Do you like McDonalds," before the commercial will end.

I was under the impression that sony patented this to keep the idea/ability to produce this technology away from more malicious companies

You need an oven too

LOL
Yeah, suuure.

Given the fact that we now have SmartTVs in market circulation, and they could easily do what the patent describes now, I'd say that that sounds pretty plausible. Were fucked if the patent ownership ever falls into the hands of google.

I think the general public response would be 'fuck that', people would just put a fridge in their goddamn house.

Jesu Christi, his nipples are hard!

Now, think about the younger generations. The ones who trust the gubbernment. The people that are unironically voting for Shillary. The extremely low-information, msm poppets.

Being this BRANDED
Guys, no corporation is good. Corporations are selfish in nature. They don't act out of good will, to support some ideological principle, everything is about making money. Naturally they wouldn't spend thousands of dollars working to patent something they will not profit from.

>there are people unironically voting for a narcissist fascist

It's still a huge stretch to think that anybody's going to go without a refrigerator. Meats and dairy need to be refrigerated. Tendies and Hot Pockets need to be frozen.
Vegetarianism might become a lot more popular but veganism is always going to be an extremist minority.

Even vegans need frozen veggies
No fridge/freezer literally only works in a world with matter replication

>fridgeless to be economic
>an overhead projecter and computer to tell you what you're looking at
pick one

>completely impossible to tell if the surface is hot just seconds after you cook on it
>Space where you're supposed to eat is dirty as fuck and hot
This is some full retard shit
you tried/10

>there are people who still believe anything the MSM tells them
I bet you think he's a racist, too. Has he ever done or said anything racist that you can name, or are you just parroting the media and the entire two-party establishment that has tried to destroy him multiple times over, and failed? I'll wait...

He said that blacks are inherently lazy and that he does not trust blacks handling his money (he only jews which /pol/ would have a field day with if it were anyone else)
The man is a fucking retard. Both choices are awful

>gets mad at someone for parroting
>is literally incapable of reading a short post
No one brought up racism here mate. He said fascist, and Trump is on the record for supporting further surveillance, expanding police power and secret prison bullshit like Gitmo

Right? They show kids reaching over grabbing shit, well the stupid ones still touch the red hot stoves NOW, imagine if it looks like a fucking table.

>implying
>imblying
Usually when people bring up Trump in a negative aspect the first thing they say is that he's a racist. Considering fascist was the first thing to pop out of their mouth, I figured racist wasn't too far off.
washingtonexaminer.com/fusion-misattributes-racist-quote-to-donald-trump/article/2567872
Since I know you're not gonna click the link, I copy and pasted it for you.
Fusion, the struggling millennial-centric news outlet, wrongly attributed a racist quote to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday.

An article that was featured on the very top of Fusion's home page described an application for a web browser that supposedly attached real past quotes from Trump to mentions of his name found online. "To be extra-clear: these are all real quotes that Donald Trump actually said..." read the article, written by Patrick Hogan.

One of those quotes said, "Laziness is a trait in blacks."

That line, however, is not directly from Trump. It is found in a 1991 tell-all by a former Trump employee, who alleges in his book that he heard Trump say those words to a black accountant at a Trump-owned establishment, according a 2011 article in the Huffington Post.

The Fusion article links to the Huffington Post piece, but does not say that the quote is second-hand from a former Trump employee, and not directly from Trump himself.

Hogan and a spokesman for Fusion did not return a request for comment.

In a statement to the Washington Examiner media desk, Trump said the book with the alleged quote was "written by a fired and totally disgruntled employee who was terrible at the job he did and who I hardly knew."

It's a baseless allegation that is pure democrat-tier mudslinging.

and you honestly, unironically, believe that Hillary isn't? Someone who has no scruples whatsoever? Trump still has his health. Hillary obviously doesn't. Health deteriorating = Leader of country demanding more security against citizens.

>and you honestly, unironically, believe that Hillary isn't? Someone who has no scruples whatsoever?
Holy shit you two party monkeys are retarded, just because I think trump is a cunt doesn't mean I don't think Hillary is

>two party monkeys are retarded
Evidently the retardation is not limited to the two parties, then. I voted for Ron Paul last election. I saw the independents fail then, despite enormous grassroots support. I've danced to this tune already, man. Johnson is a fake libertarian who I can't support because he wants open borders in a libertarian society. Literally full retard. Jill Stein is decent, but lacks the political backing needed. Which means she will likely fail, just as other independents have before her.

Trump is the only one, only one, who had both parties trying to actively destroy him, right from the start. The same two parties that have actively destroyed this country for years upon years, with their mutual political backscratching that has been fucking over the taxpayers forever now. Of course they are scared of him. He refuses to "play ball' for them.

Jill Stein is also batshit craY and wants to put a moratorium on GMO food. She must browse Veeky Forums

I said one and you brought up the other unprompted how am I supposed to think you weren't a two party monkey

this, i voted for Bernie faggot

>Trump is the only one, only one, who had both parties trying to actively destroy him, right from the start. The same two parties that have actively destroyed this country for years upon years, with their mutual political backscratching that has been fucking over the taxpayers forever now. Of course they are scared of him. He refuses to "play ball' for them.
So what? he still supports the same authoritarian bullshit they do

>induction on a ceramic mug

HAHAHAHAHA

my kitchen is fine as is
bullshit nigger tier garbage wont make it better

>lemme charge my phone next to this boiling pot of pasta

>>there are people who still believe anything the MSM tells them
>I bet you think he's a racist, too. Has he ever done or said anything racist that you can name, or are you just parroting the media and the entire two-party establishment that has tried to destroy him multiple times over, and failed? I'll wait...

No goddamn way is a fucking table ever going to tell me what to eat.

>Not having to drag out 12 different ingredient bowls and my kitchen scale
YES. I WANT THAT.

You green texted all that, but then still say "so what?" You really don't get it, do you? You've swallowed the MSM bullshit full line and sinker, haven't you?

Trump is literally your only option that has ANY chance of making things better. Everyone else(except Stein) is just another route to NWO kicking off. However, Trump would keep us strong enough against outside enemy forces. Stein, would probably gut the military, which would lead to NWO.

Hillary? Evil unscrupulous witch with failing health, that is just a puppet for the elite globalists. Johnson? Muh open borders with libertarian policies. Stein? This election's closest thing to Ron Paul. Which sad to say, means that she doesn't have a snowflake's chance in hell.

Out of whats available as options, who is the only candidates against the TPP? Trump and Stein. Who has a larger chance of winning the popular vote AND the electoral vote? Trump.

Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

>You green texted all that, but then still say "so what?" You really don't get it, do you? You've swallowed the MSM bullshit full line and sinker, haven't you?

>Trump is literally your only option that has ANY chance of making things better. Everyone else(except Stein) is just another route to NWO kicking off. However, Trump would keep us strong enough against outside enemy forces. Stein, would probably gut the military, which would lead to NWO.

>Hillary? Evil unscrupulous witch with failing health, that is just a puppet for the elite globalists. Johnson? Muh open borders with libertarian policies. Stein? This election's closest thing to Ron Paul. Which sad to say, means that she doesn't have a snowflake's chance in hell.

>Out of whats available as options, who is the only candidates against the TPP? Trump and Stein. Who has a larger chance of winning the popular vote AND the electoral vote? Trump.

>Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

Guess you have to be a millenial who never cooked anything to think this crap box is even remotely practical.

>How will we behave around food in 2025?
LOL

Typical tactic. Le epin alex jones comparison.
Faggot, I'm not trying to sell you water filters.
Alex Jones is controlled opposition, but it doesn't mean everything he says is false.

You ever hear of the phrase, "Truth is often sprinkled with lies," and "hiding in plain sight?"

No, of course not; or perhaps, you just haven't considered everything that such words apply to...

Do you even know what induction is?

I
AM
FUCKING
READY

Ever since the 40s has there ever been even a single accurate prediction in these world of tomorrow type shows

ster trek cell phones.

>I don't want to use my full name
post full of SHIT

did they have flip phones in the 70s? and what's the last one supposed to be?

no they had land lines in the 70s and the last one is the google glasses I think.

i weep for our race

>did they have flip phones in the 70s?

No, the first flip phones came out in the 1980's

I think what the person was trying to illustrate (but picked a misleading picture) was the invention of the cell phone, which was indeed in 1973. However that date is also misleading because it was a) fucking enormous and b) several years before cellular networks were built and installed.

In my opinion, the best match for a phone that resembled the original Star Trek communicator would have been a basic flip phone from the 1990's.

wow who knew we had matter replication in the 1000 years ago

I love post-/pol/ Veeky Forums; you can't even discuss kitchens without the culture wars derailing.

>No fridge/freezer literally only works in a world with matter replication

Lol, what? You can preserve foods in plenty of ways without a fridge:
-canning
-pickling in vinegar or by lacto-fermentation
-salting
-drying
-curing
-smoking

fuck off ikea

google glass was a massive failure but then again it came from deep shit 9, a garbage ST spin off

Sure, but those require a fair bit of extra equipment and effort, and fundamentally change the product.

Plus, are they seriously trying to say they have no fridge for economical reasons while also having a table with an overhead scanner, computer, and projector?

Induction works through magnetism. If you've ever used an induction stove, you'll know that you can take a boiling pot away and put your hand down on it.

I would say something about the Jews being responsible, but I'm pretty sure Jews still want us to buy refrigerators.

>As we become more conscious of the environmental impact of household waste, we’ll recycle and reuse far more. Cities will encourage that too, charging residents for non-recyclable rubbish by the kilogram.

fuck the future

This looks fucking insanely depressing.

>1973
>stock photo from 2008

Okay...

This looks like what Back to the Future or 2001 A Space Odyssey or something thought the future would be like. Maybe even those 40s posters with ridiculous car alternatives.

>To be economic? Are we hitting the second great depression?
yeah, probably

The choices are between the guy who says he'll commit war crimes or

the woman who already has.

Vote Third Party.

No, I wouldn't want to cook in IKEAs new kitchen. What kind of fools would ask college students' opinions on cooking, or redesigning a kitchen. Sounds like someone got some free grant money, and decided to "act like they care about college kids" the core demographic of IKEA shoppers, well, to just keep the brand relevant, which mind you isn't so awful.

If I wanted a kitchen remodel at my house, I guarantee if some dude showed up, whether from a top design school or just gifted, I can be assured he would know exactly zip about a work pattern, and other things that only make sense through a good two decades of kitchen experience. Any kitchen that doesn't have overhead cabinets, with doors, is a show in stupidity. I don't want dust on my glasses, spoons, plates, and bowls before I use them, every damn time. Did no one take microbiology...ever? Oh, look at that cool food just sitting out on a shelf, plastic bags all cute. What is that, 3 items on each shelf in the pantry? Try having to squeeze 20 items there, like a real pantry, and see how fun a bunch of clear bags all tossed on an open shelf is to organize. You can't. It'll look like a hoarder lives there. Recycle holes on the wall cabinet near your food pantry dried beans....in a drawer...WTF. Let's get some roaches and ants right there to sip the last bit of sugary water residue in that bottle. Know what I think of a table with adjustable height? Not enough work surface to actually work in the kitchen, that's what. Send that idea over to Tokyo or something ,but it's not going to fly anywhere else, not even in a hotel suite. Let's drip shit on the floor all day between the multipurpose table and the stove top and sink. Awesome idea! ROFL.

Anyone taking any look at this idea beyond the "value our college student customer" motivation behind this, should wake up and smell the marketing.

>anti-vaxxer or the guy who would normally be the Republican nominee that I wouldn't vote for because I disagreed with his policies

That's what you get when you take kids whose only experience in a kitchen is a toy mommy bought them.

>videotelephony
>1988

We had artistic conceptions of it in the 1870s and working prototypes as early as the 1920s.
It was fully functional in the 1940s with limited availability, and individual commercial units have been around since the 1960s.

Are those wheels on cheese on the bottom shelf?

I want a window in my freezer now.

>IKEA recently collaborated with university students
>table suggests recipes
Great, I can't wait for it to suggest Captain Crunch, Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, and some sort of sickening millennial meme food slathered in bacon and sriracha.

These dipshits cream themselves over lukewarm chickenwings in the campus careterias. Why would anyone take their input on what a kitchen would or should look like?

>fridgeless to be more economical
Yep. Kid's cereal, Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, and microwave meals as far as the eye can see.

How are they going to store chicken as seen in without a fridge? Do they expect you to run down to the store and cook the chicken as soon as you get it home? Wouldn't it be even less economical to have to drive down to a store every time you need perishable food items? Or since it's IKEA and college students, do they assume everyone is a non-American that will live within walking distance of a store, or live in one of those micro communities built around a shopping center?

People in big European cities don't buy meat in bulk.
Some don't buy anything in bulk, they get a small bag of fresh groceries every day.
Also they wouldn't drive down to the store, they'd walk or ride a bike because the city is four hundred years old and cars are impractical in the narrow streets.

America is a hellhole and they are right to ignore it when planning for the future.

>How are they going to store chicken as seen in without a fridge?

The pantry is the fridge. It's cooled, and there are induction cooling containers to sort and store foods that need to be kept cold at their optimum storage temperature.

This reminds me, when Ikea uses the word 'economical', I don't think they mean money. They're talking about space. If they can make their technology work, I bet it'll be absolutely huge in Tokyo.

Hahahaaaaa I'd love to see you do that. heats get transmitted through contact and all the induction cooktops I've sold have warnings about this. Granted they cool down relatively quickly but they are still hot after you take the pot off.

I'm a kitchen designer and the concepts Ikea have shown are mainly crap. No fridge/freezer, not much working surface, poor storage and looks crap.

Built in cooking and measuring on working surface exist already.

Technology will play a larger part agreed. Fridge/freezers will become more efficient. Ovens will all be combi microwave plus conventional and the sink area will become more efficient as when it's not being used as a sink, it will become storage or prep area - think of a combined sink/dishwasher/garbage disposal.

It will be a lot more environmentally friendly from the point of view of energy and water use, waste disposal and more use of recycled materials for benchtops. Other than that, I wouldn't speculate because we are ALWAYS wrong when predicting that far ahead.

>we are ALWAYS wrong when predicting that far ahead

I remember reading speculation that home fridges would be more like produce fridges in ten years. That was twenty years ago.

>induction cooling containers
>delicious food that is ice crystal on the bottom and soggy on top

>People in big European cities don't buy meat in bulk.

Fucking cityfags

Fuck them

I even have a supermarket right next door but I'd rather have a fridge than go there every day for meme reasons. What do I do with leftovers? Let them go off? They talk about efficiency then are wasteful as fuck.

>wash your dishes and fruit with grey water
E.coli, E.coli everywhere. Thanks IKEA and design students, truly the future is at hand.

1998 invented negroes?

Speaking of wasteful, why are you cooking food that you aren't planning to eat?
You don't need six weeks worth of leftovers rotting in a walk-in fridge you dork.

Besides you'd be eating out for most meals anyway since bistros and cafes are everywhere and dirt cheap.

Because I would be planning to eat it. Are you incapable of planning to eat the same thing more than once? I hardly throw out anything, why should I? I only throw shit out if it actually goes off, which hardly happens if you know what's in your fridge and when it needs to be used.

>Because I would be planning to eat it.
No you aren't, else it wouldn't be left over.

>what is a 'freezer'
>what are meals with the convenience of a frozen dinner but the flavor and loving care of homemade
>what is a huge time savings by doing all your cooking for a few weeks in one weekend

Don't bullshit. I've lived the big-city lifestyle. It's not cheaper to eat at cafes, people do it because their tiny miserable home kitchens depress them.

Nigger when I cook I'll usually have another full meal in what I've made, that goes into a tub and goes into the fridge for the next day.

Even then, fuck, suppose I make a ham I'm going to make a big one and then use it for sandwiches later. I don't live by the meal. That would be fucking stupid.

>built-in kitchen scale
>whole surfarce is work surfarce until you need to cook something
Totally worth it.

Tough on the other hand
>hot fats all over the wooden surfarce
clearly this seemed like a good idea to people who do not cook

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that the people designing something and the people using it are very, very disconnected.

>destroying your food by freezing

Might as well just eat ready made shit

When man experiences his most horrible nightmares when awake, he will sleep like a baby at night.

Swedish cucks collaborating with idealists that want to look green and ecologic, but can't cook or really understand technology or even ecology.
Worst part is that it might set trends.

I will sleep like a baby tonight.

>might as well overpay for oversalted food made with inferior ingredients

You think you're being a quality snob, but you're really just being a moron.

don't think hillary will not do these things as soon as she is in power. both are establishment puppets. 3rd party or forfeit voting if you are not part of the establishment yourself is the only rational choice.

Fucking Sweden, I swear to god

Meanwhile wealthy Americans are putting walk-in fridges in their homes (swag)

Also, anybody that has ever bought a piece of IKEA furniture immediately learns how IKEA is definitely not the future. You could kick a hole in most items from their catalogue.

>but can't cook
It's supposed to help with that

>or really understand technology
if you don't think today's youth understands technology, then what age group would you expect this to be for

>or even ecology
meh
food safety isn't a huge issue

>food safety isn't a huge issue

not him but what did you mean by this

>Naturally they wouldn't spend thousands of dollars working to patent something they will not profit from.

That's not how patents work. Patents are arsenals for companies to establish themselves as The Big Guys of the industry, they're not by default expected to be used. The actual full blown active use of a patent is sicking your lawyers onto people, which is an effective weapon, but it is fuckexpensive, so just constantly polishing your cache of patents is a bigger preoccupation of companies than swinging patents around.

>if you don't think today's youth understands technology, then what age group would you expect this to be for
But they clearly don't.
>MUH INDUCTION STOVE TABLE CAN ALSO CHARGE DEVICES
That's not a fucking selling point for anyone that understands technology beyond popsci magazine wanking faggots. Induction charge for cellphones is literally meme tier shit now and likely will still be so even in the next decade.
>fraction of the amp capable of a standard cable
>excess heat that will have an effect on the mobile device battery's MTTF

>want to make aunt myrna's party cheese salad
>smart table won't turn burner on unless I run a nonfree javascript app
>tfw the botnet wants me to starve