What does sci think of someone who exists outside of mainstream academia?

what does sci think of someone who exists outside of mainstream academia?

does the fact that he doesnt have what could be called a standard education detract from his potential?

just think this guy is profoundly more intelligent than the vast majority of nobel laureates yet he doesnt have a single degree.

why didnt he receive any support from the mainstream academic community?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HXSHXUtFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's a brainlet that probably faked his IQ test lol

you are one as well because you fell for his trick

There's nothing wrong with existing outside of mainstream academia. Not everybody wants to be a researcher.

However, not only is teaching yourself harder than having help to learn things, if someone is so passionate about research, why wouldn't they choose to get paid to do research all day instead of doing it for a couple hours after they get home from a job? There's very few autodidacts with frontier-levels of skill for those reasons.

Langan gets no support because his writing is nonsense and nobody cares.

Being smarter than other people doesn't mean shit, the modern state of knowledge is the product of the lifelong work of probably hundreds of thousands of people.

Thinking you're better than all of them put together and you don't need to be taught is ridiculous egotism.

why do you think he faked his IQ test?

just think that there are around 2 standard deviations between a regular person and a full blown drooling retard

and there are about 7 standard deviations between langan and a regular person

there are 3 standard deviations between lagan and a typical nobel-tier genius

he should have people begging at his feet to work on select issues of humankind

this is all very confusing. he has the brainpower to advance humanity leaps and bounds, eg newton or da vinci, but he isnt

or can we just not comprehend him?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HXSHXUtFw

he blows my mind. his way of speaking is profound.

>he has the brainpower to advance humanity leaps and bounds
>but he isnt
The probability of scoring 7 divisions higher than the mean is likely less than the probability of faking your IQ test. The logical conclusion is then that he faked it, which is, after all, consistent with the evidence.

you dont know the probability of someone faking their test

you dont even know what IQ test he took

you dont have any evidence

is this what mental gymnastics are capable of when you dont want to face the truth that someone has the same degree of intelligence over you as you do over a monkey?

Hello frequentist.

>he's a bayesian
lmao

>he's such a brainlet he can't even understand basic statistical analysis
hello Mr Langan

>its not fair if he actually is that smart so he must have faked it, these statistics i invented agree with me

so completely ignoring all evidence that he does have an IQ around 200 (eg founded the mega-society which has a 164 IQ cutoff with a group of other notable and confirmed high-geniuses) and claiming he must have faked it because its rare counts as "basic statistical analysis," w/e the fuck that is

gold medalist mental gymnastics confirmed

Langan writes way better than that. Also, it's rare that he'll write a response that isn't 10 paragraphs long. He's also either busy working his ranch, or doing some intellectual task that you'll never be capable of understanding.

it probably takes him as much time to conceive a 10 paragraph response as it does for us to spooge out a single sentence

>mfw these brainlets that got btfo by a faker pleb like langan post on my sci

samefagging so early in the morning

He faked the IQ test I think. He has invented nothing, but a shit-tier Pajeet reinventingwheel theory of "everything" which leads to nothing. The theory is more like philosophy sight on the universe from his perspective and nothing else. We (true scholars) are tired of that shit. I don't even want to discuss it. I can say just the following: he does his job, we do our job. If he's so fucking smart - go ahead and invent something - until that nobody wants to spent his time on another " next Einstein" which abundantly presented in all these pseudo-science groups of clowns across the world. Let's see who of us will gain more practical results. Only time can judge who was right.
If you don't have any practical results, something you can show right now - just fuck off, imbecile, and waste our time.

maybe the problem is he cant dumb down his ideas enough to the point that we can comprehend them without also losing their meaning

perhaps the issue is that he knows the answer in his mind, but cant find a way to adequately express it to beings of lower intelligence

imagine trying to distill quantum mechanics down to the comprehension level of an angry toddler who refuses to listen just to spite you

>why didnt he receive any support from the mainstream academic community?
Why should he? Do you think the academic community gives a shit about a college drop out just because he has a high IQ?

>some intellectual task that you'll never be capable of understanding.
Like what? Wasting his life and intellect? You're right, I'll never understand that task, being so incredibly intelligent yet still managing to fuck up life.

One professor said me that exactly this is the point of true scientist: the ability to explain complex things to people having no clue about the scope. He explained the sense, main idea of his most bright work to his old af mother, she is a housekeeper, why he worked on the problem, what was the main point of it, why someone needed it, how he managed to resolve the problem and what results he received, and how to apply it in engineering.

writing almost anything in bait thread like this is failing really basic intelligence test. the only way not to fail that test is to acknowledge that this is bait thread and everyone posting here has failed.
and all of you fucking idiots should be banned for the sake of level of this board

Langan didn't take a professionally administered IQ test. He took the mega test which is basically just a huge puzzle. Also realize he took it multiple times. Taking an iq test multiple times negates it's meaning

Watched the video. How does anyone take him seriously. He thinks he has superior ethics and should implement eugenics. He disregards academia and thinks he's smarter than everyone else even though he has crackpottery scientific ideas.

Really wish the Langan meme would die. CTMU was embarassing to read because it was so pretentious and without any real intellectual substance.

what does sci think of someone who exists outside of mainstream academia?

does the fact that he doesnt have what could be called a standard education detract from his potential?

just think this guy is profoundly more intelligent than the vast majority of nobel laureates yet he doesnt have a single degree.

why didnt he receive any support from the mainstream academic community?