I have some onions caramelising right now and when they're ready they're going into an omelette...

I have some onions caramelising right now and when they're ready they're going into an omelette. What else should I put in it?

Egg

literally looks like worms
fucking digusting

and onions already taste like shit because of all the sulfur, I'm not sure why you idiots think burning them will make the flavor any better

makes them sweeter.

carmelized onions are delicious.

user, I...

On a sandwich.

>low heat
>burning

Mushrooms

Smoked Gouda.

sriracha lol

fresh garlic pieces in fried eggs sounds bad, but it enhances egg flavor x100.

Sorry to tell you this user but not liking onions quite literally means you never matured beyond the mentality of a small child

said the man still living with his mother

Nice projection

nice meme

Salt and Thyme.

>sriracha lol

Mushrooms and a good cheese - Brie, Swiss, someone mentioned Gouda... you're making me want this now.

Some kind of salty pork product (bacon, pancetta, etc) to offset the sweetness of the onions, then maybe some fresh herbs added right at the end if you have them (thyme, rosemary, etc).

some kind of goat's cheese

onions taste the best when translucent from sweating. caramelized onions is for dark beef stew exclusively.

What's your recipe user i wanna try that, also wich onions are better for this

please no bully

>melt butter in frying pan, low heat
>add thinly sliced onion
>stir occasionally
>cook until deep brown
>add beaten eggs
>make omelette

I'm not OP, but the recipe is very standard. Slice onions, put them in a pan, cook over medium-low heat. Takes a long time--45 min, an hour maybe.

Which onions? Strong ones. Yellow. (not Vidalia/sweet)

your omelette isn't very visually appealing

i'm new to 'lettes

it tasted good

Caramelized onions go very well with spƤtzle and alpine macaroni. Or even on burgers

>'lettes

>tfw you follow an oc thread and give advice and in the end it turns out op is a 'tard

best use for caramelized onions is pissaladiere

calm down friendo

Why do 'murifats add sugar to their onions when they try to caramelize them? I know this guy didn't, but why do they do it?

>omelette
>du fromage

Do the onions with fat tomatoes
onions-tomatoes-sunny eggs - under lid on low is amazing
the sole requirement is a good bread.

I have never heard of this but now I want three.

i don't think anyone does this

From what I heard it kicks off the process faster? I tend to add a pinch

You're an idiot. Those look delicious.

This. Mushrooms and onions in an omelet are fucking amazing. Add steak if you want it a little more hardy.

Thx user i'll give it a shot, also i heard about using olive oil instead of butter, sugar and vinegar. This way the onion is suposed to become crispy. I guess i'll try both

>piss a la derriere
lmfao

I put some garlic powder halfway through making scrambled eggs just for the hell of it, it wasn't half bad.

In my omelets I like to put mushroom, green&red peppers, little bit of chopped deli meat(usually turkey), BBQ sauce, little bit of hot sauce and some cheese. With a heap of caramelized onions and a couple strips of bacon on the side

Maybe a little much, but I feel like they're delicious this way.

roast garlic and thick cut bacon

second attempt! there's some cheddar in there too this time.

I do. Normally a teaspoon of light brown sugar per two onions after about five minutes of sauteeing. The sugar acts to draw water out of the onion in the same way salt does. I also deglaze the pan a few times with veggie stock or wine

>The sugar acts to draw water out of the onion in the same way salt does.
No it doesn't.

Bacon? Ham?parsley?

nice job, looks way better than last time

anyways i love to put slightly sauteed spinach and fresh feta cheese in my omelets, try that sometime

is carmelizing a meme?

seems like people just throw it out there as a generic means of maling things sound more appetizing

Yes, sugar creates an environment where water leaves the semi permeable onion cells. That's why salt and sugar both can be used to cure things

It's a genuine process where you draw out an ingredient's natural sugar to give it a caramel-y, 'cooked sugar' kind of taste.

It is kind of a meme though. When my friend started getting into cooking and learned how to caramelize onions, he put them in fucking everything. It got embarrassing after a point

it's pretty fundamental, but I don't really see people using it correctly. it's overused and misused and misunderstood