Kitchens of Veeky Forums?

Kitchens of Veeky Forums?

>bacteria infested cumrag that never gets washed strewn over the faucet

Kill yourself you degenerate faggot. I bet you wipe EVERYTHING with that shit too.

What's with all the canned food? I'm not against canned food, but you have a freezer, and frozen veg is better. I would donate those and keep the tomatoes.

What's wrong with J-Cloths? They're cheap and effective, and you just need to switch it out before it gets grimy. Do you use a sponge or something? You know that's worse, right?

I mostly keep things in the fridge or under the counter. Canned food is just for when I'm feeling lazy or the apocalypse hits.

Dishwasherfag confirmed.

>spaghetti tuesday isn't on a 's' day
fucking ragggggggggge

I'm not OP, but: Yes, frozen or fresh is better than canned. But, I have limited fridge/freezer space. Not to mention canned food is nice to have in the event of a power failure or other emergency. It's also faster to prepare for those times you need to make something in a hurry.

Any kitchen cloth, sponge, etc. becomes bacteria central the moment it has been used. I use those traditional kitchen towels purchased in bulk from a restaurant supply store. I use them exactly once, then they go in the laundry bin. When the bin gets full (or I run out of clean ones) then I run them in the washing machine with bleach. Between washing/drying hands, washing dishes, wiping down the cutting board, etc, I go through several clean ones every day.

Use a cloth for your dishes, and a sponge for cleaning. You don't need to use your dish cloth for washing your hands.

>I go through several clean ones every day

Now that's just wasteful. Just wash your dishes in hot water and actually use dish soap (which, like regular soap, will kill most of the germs and bacteria). You do realize that wet dishes in a drip tray a breeding ground for bacteria anyway, right? And forget about hand drying.

Unless you have a dishwasher, you're going to wind up with SOMETHING on them at some point, and even then there's no guarantees.

>You don't need to use your dish cloth for washing your hands.

What else am I going to use to dry my hands after I just washed them? I grab a clean kitchen cloth, dry my hands on it. Then I use it to wipe down the counter. Now that it's dirty and unsafe to use for something else I toss it in the laundry bin.

>>Now that's just wasteful.
How so? I find that many are needed to maintain sanitary conditions when cooking. For example, suppose I'm making a red pasta sauce with some sauteed chicken:
-Wash hands (1 towel). Cut chicken, then wash hands, knife and cutting board after handling raw chicken (2 more). Cut the basil for garnish (wash hands and board again).....you can see how this adds up fast.

>>was your dishes in hot water
I do.

>>You do realize that wet dishes in a drip tray a breeding ground for bacteria anyway, right?
Nope. There's nothing there for them to eat so there's nothing there for them to breed. Though it's moot anyway since I use a dishwasher. The only things I wash by hand are knives, large pots that don't really fit well in the dishwasher, or things I need to use multiple times during the prep of one meal.

>>forget about hand drying
Why? Handling pots of boiling water and sharp-ass knives with wet slippery hands is dangerous.

>What else am I going to use to dry my hands after I just washed them?

A towel? Do you change out your towels in the washroom after every use too? What the Hell?

>Now that's just wasteful.
>How so?

So you literally use a new dish cloth after EVERY DISH? Dude, just let the dishes pile up during prep and wash them afterwards. It doesn't matter. Obviously if you're touching something major after handling raw meat wash your hands, but if it's just other foodstuffs that's going to be COOKED WITH THE CHICKEN, why?

>Nope. There's nothing there for them to eat so there's nothing there for them to breed. Though it's moot anyway since I use a dishwasher

...you do realize that the WATER is a breeding ground, right?

>forget about hand drying
>Why? Handling pots of boiling water and sharp-ass knives with wet slippery hands is dangerous.

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking, you know that?

But let me get this straight...you change your dish towel after every single dish you wash, you change out every drying towel after every single use, and...for what? To take ten times longer to make ANYTHING because you're too autistic to realize that the dish soap will kill the bacteria anyway? Do you live with mommy and daddy or something? The amount of unnecessary waste you produce (with even one meal) is honestly staggering.

>A towel?
Yes, that's what I use. A towel. It just happens to be a small one, because I like to keep them clean. I used to keep a big towel in the kitchen whose sole purpose was for drying hands. But too many incidents with roommates using that towel to clean up spills (or whatever), and then putting it back dirty made me stop doing that.

>So you literally use a new dish cloth after EVERY DISH?
No, when did I say that? If I am going to wash dishes I wash all the dishes that are dirty, using a single towel for all of them. Then I wipe down the counter with that towel & toss it in the laundry bin.

>>Dude, just let the dishes pile up during prep and wash them afterwards.
That's what I do.

>>But if it's just other foodstuffs that's going to be COOKED WITH THE CHICKEN, why?
Agreed. But if it's a garnish that is not going to be cooked then I don't want to cross-contaminate that.

>...you do realize that the WATER is a breeding ground, right?
Pure water is not a breeding ground. "Water" is only a breeding ground if it's in contact with something else to provide a food source for bacteria. So rainwater, water from a pond or puddle--yeah, that's a breeding ground because it's not pure water. But the chlorinated stuff coming through my water heater? No.

>Your reading comprehension is severely lacking, you know that?
Kinda like yours, right? When did I ever say that I changed a towel after every dish?

>But let me get this straight...you change your dish towel after every single dish you wash
No. I change the towel after every time I wash something. Why? To avoid contaminating whatever I am going to touch next.

Towels are reusable. That's the whole fucking point. Instead of going through roll after roll of paper towels like most people do, I have reusable ones instead. To reduce waste and save money.

How did 'date night' go user?

>All this argument about what is safe and has the most/least bacteria

Has anybody here actually ever gotten sick from using any of these traditional cleaning methods? I've kept the same sponge for several months and had no problems.

>When did I ever say that I changed a towel after every dish?

>Wash hands (1 towel). Cut chicken, then wash hands, knife and cutting board after handling raw chicken (2 more). Cut the basil for garnish (wash hands and board again).....you can see how this adds up fast.

Not them, but come on.

>same sponge for several months

Poorfags are disgusting.

My apartment at college

My dishwasher went out last week, and that is very similar to the one I replaced it with.

>Not them, but come on.

There's not a single mention of a dish in that quote. There's a mention of washing hands, knife, and cutting board after handing raw foods.

Are hands and knives considered "dishes" now?

He went out and didn't come back?

Did you call the police, what if he was raped by Michael Moore?

This thread went downhill fast.

can the user with the cute kitchen with the steel island and pasta maker post ur kitchen again, I really like it.

Now this is autism.

>23 replies
>2 kitchens
C'mon guys

Cheap rental here but we try to make it home-y

Kill yourself.

This thread went off the rails...Hell, it never even had rails.

how sad do you have to be to write down "stir fry saturday" one yr own calendar?

It's a mess right now, cleaners come tomorrow though.

>post my temporary kitchen

"lol hows living at mom and dads going"

"haha why no vent over the stove user"

thanks for the wallpaper

there is at least $160 worth of 30yo appliances in my kitchen.

Comfy as fuck.
Would love to make a stew there in the middle of winter.

my grandma has that same type of faucet

it is a cheap apt in the ghetto

Nigga, if you're living in the ghetto I live in a paper box.

Is this a typical Mid-western home? I don't mean it in a disparaging way, like it's usually used here. I'm asking because it reminds me of the houses in Fargo.

looks like a montreal kitchen
pretty damn neat OP, good use of space (although the cans that have to be stacked on the floor would drive me fucking crazy)

>gorgeous fucking apartment
>cleaner
>phone camera like it's from 2006

is it a work phone or was that the last thing your father gave you before he left on another tour in Afghanistan

>ghetto
>has a motherfucking walk-in pantry

That's probably an even more undignified way to end your life as a fish than being turned into surimi.

um yeah there was gunshots outside earlier and i here shots like every 3 days at least so im used to it, its the largest 1 bedroom i could find in the area, and that is a washer/dryer room that i turned into a pantry/storage room and i use the laundry mat

im not complaining its my fav kitchen so far that i pay for myself, more said its in the ghetto cuz i try to make it look decent, like an old beater with a clean interior, with the exhaust fan was worth a shit tho

>*wish the exhaust fan was worth a shit tho

not really, I've been in a lot of homes in this area and haven't seen this layout at all. I thought it was a single floor ranch style but apparently not. its a post war home in wv but I don't know what you call the layout.

hows prison treating you?

Looks pretty good. Is that a full height-wall between the kitchen and the dining room?

How long are you planning to stay in that house and how many people should it accommodate? I have some ideas for you.

t. Architecture student

Can you be my mommy :3