So my mom's been craving fried zucchini lately, and today she started her new job as a teacher...

So my mom's been craving fried zucchini lately, and today she started her new job as a teacher. What meal could I make to go with fried zucchini.

I was thinking of grilling at first maybe a tri tip, or some chicken breasts.
And a loaf of French bread in the oven.

I have 2-3 hours plus 30 minutes for shopping to get dinner done.

I wrote a list f possible entrees:

Tri tip- grilled
Chicken breasts- grilled or baked
Pork chops- baked
Meat loaf- baked then pan fried

What would you guys think would go best with fried zucchini?

I'd say pork. I eat fried zucchini with pasta desu. a fettuccini and cream sauce one

The steak with a loaf of bread and a simple side salad with oil and balsamic sounds good with fried zucchini.

Some type of fried white fish.

You've already got one fried dish (the zucchini). Who wants another one to go with it?

Thanks for the insanely quick responses guys.

I didn't think of pasta, but that's a great idea.

Here is my idea
Baked porkchops or steak with a side pasta of fettuccine and Alfredo sauce. Fried zucchini and a salad with French bread

Or is that too much..

this sounds like some kind of weird dinner date hope she comes home with the gym teacher and you can hear her getting pounded as you sob over your zuccuckni

chicken kiev or porchetta. also, roast asparagus or steamed cabbage for the other veg.

Why, is that what happened to you? Or do you call him daddy now

he does call him daddy now.

i think it's an awesome thing that someone cares enough about their mother to make her something she's been craving like fried zucchini. what an excellent thing to do for someone who's starting a new job. a nice homemade dinner. fucking tops, right?

its just kinda gay to be honest famalam

that's cute. you're so cute and edgy. what did they feed you at the orphanage? fried zucchini?

i guess its cool now for the women to work while the numales stay at home and cook for mommy this is society now good work cucks and dont blame me when she comes home exhausted from her new job and isnt at all interested in ur zucchini

Is gay to care about your mother and put effort into having a good relationship with her?

What kind of lazy faggot are you, user?

the kind of lazy faggot that sites 'cucks' as an excuse for being a shitty human being.

i appreciate seeing a person wanting to do something nice, OP. especially for their mother. thanks for the thread. i'm going to make my mom fried chicken and black eyed peas this coming weekend.

Oh I see how it is...i called her mom, so obviously I'm living with her?

No that is not the case. She just started a new job, and has been wanting zucchini to fry. So to celebrate the whole family is having a party to celebrate. Considering i had a day off yesterday and today I figured. Let's celebrate tonight.

Jesus man. I was asking what to make for dinner..that's it

you only list ideas that are "dry" to "very dry",
maybe consider a nice sauce, tahini dressing+tabouleh+baguette might be nice.
other idea would be a salad of young spinach,quick roast walnuts,goatcheeseroll covered with storebought puffpastry and sprinkled with sugar on top in the oven (as a centerpiece) with a nice vinaigrette and some honey, maybe pomegranate/red currant. both are done fairly quickly

This is not Reddit if you do not want to be trolled then go back there its that simple, and honestly the only thing you listed that would be good is the steak with a sauce on top so its not too dry cooked medium rare

yeah porchetta is a fast and convenient thing to cook, kek

My favorite part is when the first few answers were the best, and then it devolved into people trolling.

And I'm guessing that's a troll or just a very complicated cook

that feeling when you name dishes that you can do in 10 minutes active time and someone thinks youre trolling, guess ive become decent at cooking

you can splay a pork loin out and reroll it nicely with some good filling and roast it for a couple hours. he said 2-3 hours. prep should only be about 30 mins. i was just spit balling. plus they are kind of cheap compared to tender loin by weight.

"this is not reddit" therefore you should expect people to be marvelous cunts? i guess we're all cucked and i need to check my privilege. behave like a fucking adult and no one has to expect the world to be a shithole.

that sounds nice, but porchetta is a specific dish that takes a very very long time,evem with a smallish quantity mine takes arond 40 hours, and thats without letting it salt+dry in the fridge overnight

am i thinking of a roulade?

yes you are,pic related is porchetta

lawdy lawd that's sexy.

OP STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING.

All of the above suggestions are great and you should go with them, I'm not here to suggest another meal but rather a side or actually - a dip!

In Greece (which as we all know invented everything and that includes fried zucchini), we serve it sprinkled with a bit of salt and dip it in Tzatziki. Trust me on this, it's one of those combinations of foods that always go together and the end result is better than the sum of its parts!

Tzatziki recipe is as follows:
Shred half a large cucumber and sprinkle some salt on it to draw the moisture out, mix and place it on a plate or a bowl at an angle so the juices start to run and leave it there for 20mins till it's dry-ish (alternatively put it in a tea towel and just squeeze the water out if you're impatient). Throw the cucumber in a bowl with 500gr Greek yogurt or Labneh, a short teaspoon of sugar, 3-4 minced garlic cloves (you can roast them first if you don't want it to be too garlicky), a table spoon of white vinegar, a teaspoon of salt, a short teaspoon of black pepper, at least 3 tablespoons of good olive oil and mix. Serve with an extra drizzle of good olive oil (quality is important) and a couple of olives on top.

Trust me on this OP, you'll never go back to having them any other way. I'm also going to post pics of different ways to slice them before frying, because they all produce different results and they all have their own merits.

Thick and round with a heavy batter

Thin, long and crispy. Closer to the feeling of chips (or crisps if you're a bong)

Fries style (or chips if you're a bong). Juicier and more filling, but less consistency in the crispiness.

Thin, round slices and almost no batter (just flour). More vegetable-texture and flavour. They're lighter and you can eat more of them but they're easy to fuck up and end up being soggy.

>you'll never go back to having them any other way

This is what people always say when they grew up in an impoverished culture that only prepares food in a small handful of ways.

And last but not least, the famous Kolokithokeftedes (fried zucchini patties). There's also a baked version of this recipe if you're lame.

>Handful of ways
You sure know nothing about Greek cooking.

Certain things just go well together, better than others. To put it into an American context that your brain might understand: there are many peanutbutter sandwiches but there's a reason pb&j is so popular. Same with the basic burger ingredients, same with the basic hot-dog ingredients and so on.

Classic food pairings are classic for a reason.

You're an idiot.

Idiot comes from the Greek word "ιδιωτης" (ithiotis), which means a self-centred and/or ignorant person. With you managed to simultaneously demonstrate both these qualities. Therefore, I think you will find that you Sir, are the idiot.

>the ancient Greek etymological root of a modern English word's definition is relevant at all

hahahaha your mom is craving fried zucchini huh?!

my mom makes this 4x a week and has been for like 3 years. it's never crunchy, because it never gets cooked long or on high enough heat.

FUCK zucchini its caused me to go dinnerless for years

of the ones I've tried I'd say Thick & Round are the best

also kinda funny that these days I love a well made fried zucchini, but when I was a kid I despised zucchini(less for the taste and more for the texture)

>tfw studied the greek classics and have also traveled and eaten all over greece on more than one vacation

Yeah, you can't keep floating on what "your country" did 2,500 years ago. Modern Greece is pretty backwoods.

>can't keep floating on what "your country" did 2,500 years ago
Where in this thread did I do that?

Are you American? You folks really don't do tongue-in-cheek do you?

Also, modern-*insert your country here* appears to be rather illiterate:
>backwoods.

I think for me it varies a lot but mainly the big deciding factor is what I'm serving them with. I used to like the same as you when I was younger but I've sort of "graduated" to thin & crispy now, because I tend to have them as a side in a big meal with many other things so I don't want to fill-up on them.

What do other countries serve them with? Or do you just eat them plain?

i wish OP would have taken and posted pictures of the meal before service.

>You folks really don't do tongue-in-cheek do you?

They do gun-in-cheek instead.

Best reply ITT

Do this, OP

Fuck You nigger

The greekposter provided a great recipe, Lots of detail on fried Zucchini and literally the perfect dip to go with it

Youre just a sad cunt

U come to my big boy website n I troll u lol