What is this with this style...

What is this with this style? Why do people that write "scientific" texts insist on making everything sound so pompous and complicated? With this example it's easy to get the meaning because it's a common concept to know. But once you start reading about more obscure topics or about things that are completely new to you, no matter how simple the concept may be, the way the text is written makes understanding it a very hard. And I'm not talking about the use of domain specific terminology, just this particular "style". It's very wide spread and frustrating and I hope Veeky Forums doesn't contribute to — who am I kidding, you fuckers are probably the worst offenders.

Other urls found in this thread:

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Very low quality.

I'm in the biz for too long and probably blind to any difficulty in that regard, but your pic in geberal has ab extremely reader friendly text.
If wikipedia was for me alone, that three lines could be replaces for a third of a line of first order logic definitions and I't get to know what a median is much more concisely

That's nothing, OP. Look at this.

>The square is the n=2 case of the families of n-hypercubes and n-orthoplexes.
That's part of the introductory description comes before the table of contents in the wikipedia article for "square." For a fucking SQUARE.

Hey Veeky Forums, do you guys want to make a "layman's wiki" together? Filled with fun an interesting simple explanations of scientific concepts and history

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median

It's as if this thread is just a roller coaster of stuff OP already knows.

Every time

shit, not you again
people already told you you are a fucking retard already, stop trying to skim wikipedia articles to pretend to know shit, open an actual book

It's not pompous or complicated. You're just too retarded to read any of it.

Jebus forbid someone may be interested in generalizations or facts from higher math.

Because big words have precise historical meanings, and mapping them to small words would be inconsistent across authors and error-prone.

Jesus forbid that person be bothered to read a part of a wikipedia article that isn't the introduction.

It's the brief, only the first paragraph is for someone who has never seen one before.

The writing on Wikipedia's science and math articles is utterly terrible. This is news to no-one.

As always, feel free to try and improve it.

>As always, feel free to try and improve it.
Not a bad idea.
For a start, what do you think of this for the square article?

Nice

its filled with spells, black magic, and demon control operator keywords

In status-ticks and probe-able the-ore a me-die is the numb-er (cant feel, numb) see-pa-Ra-thing (see/say father Ra) the raised halfling of a data sample, a population or probe-able dies-tribute, from the lower halfling. The me-die-in of a Fin night (fish/drake night) list of numb-ers (can be found (me)) by AR-range all people the observe-at-ions (electrical) from lowest value demon to highest Ba'al'ue king and pick king the middle one (egg the me-die of { } is 5). If T here is an eV in numb-er of observe-at-ions, Th in T here is no sing |e mid die va|ue; the me-die in is Th in use-ally de-fined two bee the mean of two middle Ba'al'ue. Witch Core-Ra's-Pond.

anyway thats best i can do; if interested in a real translation try yourself, read some of jordan maxwells books on occult and the "sea law", im not an expert on all this egyption stuff

[english is egyptian cuniform if you turn it 90degrees]

Dont go into pure math kid.

Do you know what an encyclopedia is? It just gives an amalgamation of info on the topic. There's info that is useful to the beginner and the expert.

>saying "kid"
>quoting Mochizuki
You literally have no idea about IUT just like 99% of all mathematicians

Fucking degenerate

I dont understand the point you are trying to make

It's because for at least a few decades individuals have intended to study the sciences or Mathematics for work as in employment or fame-seeking. Sometimes they switch back and forth. I do think there are cases where a topic or field is "coded" such that the participants are generally in inclusivity. I do still find pseudo-science on Wikipedia sometimes. By induction, candidates for degrees in the Sciences or Mathematics are individuals or youths who only like the work or have a work-ethic philosophy like Christianity or clean business.

Not even mathematicians bother with that shit

OP it's a hundred times worse in the social sciences. Atleast STEMS write down definitions etc. with numbers and annotations.