So i just learned how to cook rice what to do now ??

so i just learned how to cook rice what to do now ??

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8MFKdUH7I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jump

forget what you learned and buy a rice cooker

Never post again.

Cook rice.
Eat it

cook rice

never do this, rice cookers are the worst way of spending money.

dropping 60 on a tool that can cook every grain and lasts for years is not a waste of money unless you are seriously broke

Cook it in oil next time. It'll taste just like Chinese takeout.

actually it is when a saucepan can do the same and everyone (most likely) already have one of those.
>inb4 hurrdurr so easy with rice cooker
just as fucking easy with a saucepan. leaving thread now, so many retards gonna post shit

I genuinely can't stand shit posting. I really can't. It's the most autistic, pointless thing a person could actually find "entertaining". The idea that you think it's hilarious wasting hours of your "life" trying to bait people into replying to your shitty half arsed posts speak numbers about how lonely and pathetic you must be to get entertained doing this

It probably seems counter productive for me to write this, because shit posting genuinely makes me angry. It seems like it's near impossible to have a genuine discussion on this board without some fuckwit chiming in to say something stupid like "freshcunt" or "newcunt fresh off the boat from facebook or reddit detected".

I know that this will probably get a bunch of you stupid cunts replying to me calling me the "autistic" one for actually speaking up, because I genuinely want to have a discussion about something instead of being barraged with retarded responses that will no doubt have me reply to you about your stupid pointless comments.

Moderation is largely pointless because you all seem to use dynamic ips anyway so no matter what you'll continue your shit posting like it's some normal part of your everyday life.

The fact that anyone ever calls you out on your bullshit and you try and defend it, or continue replying in a shit posting fashion is childish as fuck considering most of you on here are at least 18-30 years old.

Fuck all your shit posting antics. Kill yourselves. You're not funny, or witty, or original, or entertaining. You're literally all rehashes of one another trying to be unique and funny, when you're all doing the same thing. Your pathetic "lives" while you sit here day in and day out shit posting are being wasted away because you find it hilarious to get people worked up 24/7. It's like you cunts are addicted to shit posting. Like you get a dopamine response from it or something.

Rant over cunts. Fuck off.

Make a pilaf.

Sweat half a yellow onion in a pan with olive oil until caramelized. Add the onion to 1 cup of rice in a casserole dish and stir until every grain of rice is coated with oil. Add 3 cups homemade chicken stock to a sauce pan, pinch of turmeric, pinch of saffron. Bring to simmer. Pour over rice and lightly stir. Cover lid and set your oven to 350F. Walk away for 1 hour and come back to the most amazing rice you've ever had.

DO NOT LISTEN

The 20 buck I spent on a basic rice cooker helps me get a fresh healthy side with basically no efforts everytime.

I am not kidding when I say the rice cooker is the best purchase for people eating on a budget.

Quick and easy adaptation
>melt butter in sauce pan
>add rice
>stir frequently until it starts to brown
>add diced tomatoes and water
>cook like its rice because it is
>serve with tacos or something, I dont care

you add onion and crushed red pepper to the mix along with what the fuck ever you want.

This is some rare pasta.

Throw it away and eat something that has some flavor.

Please, please don't be pasta

but rice cookers really are pointless though

>rice cookers are the worst way of spending money.

Coming from an asian family, rice cookers are a time saver.

I think I've been using the same old rice cooker for the past 9 or so years. Don't see any problems with it.

>rice
>healthy

you're as well off eating a bowl of pure sugar with the rest of your meal

retard

FDA approved nutritionist here. 17 papers published in various names such as SCIENCE Magazine, Health.com, National Geographic, Shape Magazine, etcetera.. within the last 15 years. I was also on the team responsible for the diet of 2 former presidents of the United States of America, and other facets for celebrity lifestyle health changes often denoted in People Magazine.

You're full of it.

>FDA approved nutritionist here
What does that even mean?

>
>>rice
>>healthy
>you're as well off eating a bowl of pure sugar with the rest of your meal
I think what this kid means is that rice that is white, not brown, has had fiber and nutrition stripped, and that the glycemic index and glycemic load of white rice makes it such that if you're only going to eat white, and you rinse it, what's the point other than pleasure? It certainly shouldn't be the new big part of your diet.
So for the same cals of 150, look at how white rice loads 43 vs 16 of brown rice.
health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods

White rice, average 73 150 43
Quick cooking white basmati 63 150 26
Brown rice, average 68 150 16

would you spent $200 for a pressure non-stick cast iron smart rice cooker?

>cast iron
>nonstick
To what fucking end?

>he needs a rice cooker to cook rice

Does mommy still bring you chicken tendies too?

It means I'm a functional part of YOUR government whose duty it is to authenticate, verify and approve those nutrition labels you always skip over when consuming your 32gm of sugar, 4 portion bowl of cereal every twilight dawn.

Onigiri my good man.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8MFKdUH7I

>pressure
>non stick
>cast iron
>smart
>rice cooker
Jesus. Is that enough memes in one product? How about it being a Shun and also works as a sous vide machine

Cook some muthafuckin rice?

LEL U MAD BRU?

So, are you not a certified nutritionist? Are you a scientist? Physician?

Buy a pressure cooker with a rice setting instead. All the rice making perfection with none of the single use tool stigma.

chop up some dog to add to it

A rice cooker can be used as any slow cooker, so it's not a single-use tool.

It's also wireless which desu seems actually useful but yeah the rest is a bit much

I am going to try this out, thank you. Just a random user stopping by. Screen capping and immediately doing. So you add that to the cook rice right? Not like un cooked rice

No, the rice is uncooked until you stick it in the oven. Come out really good when done. Try and use a long grain rice over a medium or short when making a pilaf; just better practice.

What the fuck is wrong with a pot?

Also need to add my proportions were incorrect.

2 cup rice
3 cup broth

1:3 and you're going to end up with risotto!

when you say carmalize the onions do i do it till they are really dark? or golden? i want to add lentils, ah so i am essentially cooking the rice with the broth. Can i do this in a rice cooker as well?

Won't come out as well in a rice cooker over a casserole dish and an oven. It's doable, sure. So is playing golf with a baseball bat. Different dishes, different methods. Golden saute on the onions should be good. Darker and they'll contrast too much with the rice and just won't look right.

>so

KYS

what time does it save?