Autism Quotient (AQ)

Everyone's always talking about their IQ, so let's change that up a little. Go ahead and post your AQ

psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

Scores around 17 are average (21 for mathematicians). Scores 32+ and you might be on the spectrum. Not a diagnostic tool though.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462123407291.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry.

lol, so autism just means being anti-social ? No wondert his place is full of autists

Wow, 32 points just because I have concentration capabilities and don't enjoy pointless chitchat. Sure, pure autism.

>Your score was 32 out of a possible 50.

>Scores in the 26 - 32 range indicate some Autistic traits (Aspergers Syndrome).

ok

But seriously, some of those questions were shit, and highly dependant on context.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462123407291.webm

>Your score was 32 out of a possible 50.
I doubt I have asperger though. My roomate has it and I can clearly see the autistic traits that he has and they doesn't really apply to me.

MFW I'm on track for a Masters in Physics with a 1st.

I got all the good traits of autism with none of the social retardation.

ITT, we find that Aspberger's doesn't really exist. Just the imaginings of a fake science which is trying to categorize smart people.

>spectrum autism

Seems to have risen since the last time I took the test.

You realize this means you're morally obligated to take on a PR role, right? Like Neil Degrasse Tyson. Or Brady Haran.

Because someone has to do that shit, and almost none of us *can*.

Haha, no - sorry. Got social anxiety :(((

Suck it up, son. Science needs you.

;)

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was younger.

This test is pseudoscience and the whole field is pseudoscientific.

You're just an extroverted autist.

If you scored higher than 20 you are liable to pay amount massive amounts of cash for your "cure".

Start depositing.

Well. I got a score of 31. I am a bit shocked actually. I am in 9th percentile for iq but would never have said I tended towards aspergers. Having said that, I did have 2 friends from Cambridge double math bods - one of whom was full aspie.

How fucking odd is this. I am older than most here and don't 'feel' I have a problem functioning... Fucking hell.

90th duh

I'm not even extroverted. The questions are just awful. Horribly subjective, subject to self-reporting bias, really not all that descriptive. It's an awful diagnostic tool and it's pretty much the norm in this field.

>Your score was 40 out of a possible 50.
>Scores in the 33 - 50 range indicate significant Austistic traits (Autism).
I didnt think im that bad

>21 for mathematicians
im studying pure math, is being higher that average good or bad?

29/50 I just don't like people, books on the other hand...

32. Good at social situations and judging people's thoughts, I just don't enjoy them because they make me anxious of fucking up.

>(21 for mathematicians)
tfw 21

I got 5 out of 50

score: 16
Bachelor's in Math.
I'm just finishing my Master's in Math with a focus on statistics and probability.. Particularly statistical learning.
Opted out of PhD to start getting industrial experience as my end goal is industry. I may go back to finish the PhD in a few years.

retard

apparently I'm a mathematician

actually, I am

r u fukn kidding me

Either that or I'm the least retard, we may never know

My score was 19, even though im kind of antisocial.

31, I'm doing theoretical physics

19 means kind of antisocial

I'm among the most talented people in my math department.

that's what they want you to think

But this test doesn't look credible for me. It's too subjective.

20 - compsci - all the antisociality, none the number wizzardry

Math and EE Undergrad. Going on to applied math in grad school.

I have ADHD so some of the stuff makes sense. I think that's why the test came out as it did.

>tfw the only thing i can focus on is math
>tfw As in math and Engineering classes
>tfw Cs in everything else

I'm just glad that I can get a job with these skills. If all I could do was draw or read, then life would be a lot harder.

32 because I'm introverted

or autistic, whatever, same diff right?

I am a mathematician and a programmer who works a lot on group projects and my job requires me to interact with a lot of people to explain my concepts to them.

i got 36 wtf, but the interesting thing was that before i saw this forum i thought about autism

welcome to psychology

Your score was 37 out of a possible 50.
Scores in the 33 - 50 range indicate significant Austistic traits (Autism).

I am a pure math degree holder.

me too friend
godbless this pseudoscience survey

>10
Lmao

i got 7 lel.

huh

>16

This test is a terrible diagnostic tool. I'm not on the spectrum, but I should totally score higher than that.

This seems like just an introversion questionnaire, and introversion isn't the same thing as autism.

>tfw normie

33. Studio art.

>tfw doing poorly in ap chem
>tfw doing great in english
>tfw have an active social life
>tfw cant do complex math for shit

I'm a normie.

If you get low to mid 30's that is more aspie
Aspies are SMART, at a young age they can be some of the most talented in thier classes depending on the subject they like.
Some of the smartest people have/had autism to some degree

Spoken like a true autist. Not even trolling.

>Your score was 35 out of a possible 50.
>Scores in the 33 - 50 range indicate significant Austistic traits (Autism)

I think I did this test before, when I was young. That psych told me that I got Aspergers. I thought it made sense, but now I doubt the results, even when you can replicate them as you see. I mean, she saw me a single time and was very confident about my mental status. But this test doesn't prove anything, it's to simple. And people don't recognize me as an autist.
> roommate is a humanities student
> worked in a autism therapie center
> is creating better tests for identifieng autists as a master thesis. no joke
> NEVER got a clue, that I was diagnosed with this. Not sure this is because him being an idiot or me being in fact "normal".

So that's the reason I'm sceptical. Ask me anything, maybe we can work this out.

Well why don't you use your super-science powers and invent a fucking blood test for it then.

Oh, you can't? I guess it's back to psychology then, faggot.

Nice dubs

I got a 34 makes sense

As a fellow aspie, what was your favorite subject?
I loved rockets still do

I tried to get the higher score possible, I got 48. Who does better ?

I'm a farmer.

Got 15. I succeed in social situations, because people think that I'm just so fucking weird and my sole behaviour is entertaining enough for basically everyone.

I'm a clown of a group, but I have stopped caring about this and released my true potential. At least it allows me to form some sort of bonds with people and make friends.

Fact: without farmers, approximately 60% of word problems would not exist.

I'm only a subsistence farmer. I don't feed other people.

If you prefer using that label for me just do it. On the internet I don't mind.

I'm studying physics right now. I wasn't good enough for pure math and wanted to understand everything about the sciency things we came across in school (relativity, black holes, laser ...)

But that also doesn't mean anything, because the vast majority of my colleages are clearly no autists. (There are a few clear cases though)

But surely you build sheep pens beside rivers?

I can feel ya with the label, I am called a retard cause I am in the retard bus

I have a few free range chickens in my orchard. Everything else is fruit and vegetables. I wouldn't waste a precious thing like animal manure when I can compost it and use it to grow more crops.

Only a 20, huh?

Holy shit, 36. Used to be a server but kind of learnt to hide it.

I'm not sure what you are implying that has anything to do with what was posted.

>tfw this test is calling autistic
Hopefully this is less reliable than the IQ test that called me a genius.

37. Git gud

yes, I'm not even close to be autistic, I'm just a shy faggot.

>37
I actually have a decent social group but I do strange things, especially by myself that may be considered autistic. every time I take these tests I find out that I am either Autistic or have Aspergers. should I actually get this checked out? it seems like many of the questions could be answered differently based on context.

Majoring in Pathology.

>should I actually get this checked out?
Would you gain anything from this beyond getting official sperglord certification?

AQ 36
clinically tested iq of 140 +- 5
was diagnosed with AHDH inattentive as a child, not diagnosed with anything on the spectrum. no medication currently
perform slightly above average academically
excel in research

my "autism things" are plants and firearms
i have a gf and 1 person i would consider a close friend
ask me anything
thanks for the blog post

7 here. Is my STEM career doomed?

Have fun with that tomorrow. Do you even know what complex math is?

kek

how the fug did you get gf
no, but it would be a good excuse for some situations

samefag forgot the text showing

>be me
>see girl i think is pretty
>ask Veeky Forums what to do
>tell me to go to a social occasion where she is and "just BEEEE urself"
>be at "party" in high school. it was more like le edgy teens watching movies at night
>ask her what kind of music she likes
>we like same
>get scared
>go hide under a blanket in the corner of the room
>she come over, under blanket
>touch her hand
>ask her to see a jazz show with me

just BEEEE urself user, it rly works.

>mfw it really works

Missed it by one point, phew.

So being an introvert makes me autistic?

I'm introverted and only scored 16

12... this cant be right. im full on autistic. i have to be. its what everyone has told me.

Here, I know I'm not because autistic people have trouble with language, metaphors, and abstraction. English was always my strongest subject and I've been reading and writing on a college level since middle school, so there is no way I'm autistic.

What were ur hobbies in high school also what do u do currently

sounds good for me, I got 22