So I have a lot of friends who do psychedelics and occasionally they hit me up to try them(Which I don't)

So I have a lot of friends who do psychedelics and occasionally they hit me up to try them(Which I don't).

I remember reading some psychedelic mushroom essentially destroys your current consciousness and replaces it with another(sorta like how you wouldn't be you anymore after being teleported)

Could have been bullshit, I dunno

Are these drugs safe?

Will the current me die if I take them?

> Science is yet to prove or examine consciousness
> Read somewhere some retarded bullshit claim as if they know what theyre talking about
kid pls...

>kid pls
I'm likely older than you(27)

I just don't know shit about drugs, I don't really believe in recreational drug use personally but I feel like the experience could help me become closer to my friends.

If it was just weed this wouldn't be an issue but psychedelics are fucking spooky man.

Calm down, pick a nice day and try them. Always remember that no matter how fucked your perception is, after you sleep its gone and what you saw will be a faint memory.
Irreversible damage to your mind are very unlikely and if you consider yourself a strong willed person at all you should definitely try tripping.

psyches + cracking open a physics book = pretty goddamn amazing

so ive been told

>I remember reading some psychedelic mushroom essentially destroys your current consciousness and replaces it with another(sorta like how you wouldn't be you anymore after being teleported)

What the fuck does that even mean? You're retarded for entertaining that.

Psychedelics are the smart man's drug. It's interesting how all my dumb friends on acid just act like they're stoned and enjoy the pretty colors while my smart friends talk about ideas and philosophy.

I did diff eq homework on acid once. Slayed it. Acid is the only drug where you retain full intellect while high.

Once you take them you will NEVER be the same person. You will always regret the loss of that pre-psychedelic you.

Those that have taken 'stuff' are always bitter about it and have to justify it to themselves. "Muh enlightenment" or "spiritual maan". The reality is they know they have lost something powerful and wonderful and want others to join them in that lost, debased reality to make themselves feel better.

Ask yourself:

>> Are you a good person?
>> Do you have any demons that you have yet to confront in your life?
>> Are you comfortable with who you are in your own shoes?
>> Do you have any family history of serious mental illness such as schizophrenia?

If you answered

>> Yes
>> No
>> Yes
>> No

then in the right setting (probably not in public) with the right people and a good mindset, you would probably have a blast with very little to worry about.

The key is understanding that it's only a drug, just chemicals fucking with your brain giving weight to ideas that shouldn't have weight.

Making this distinction becomes very, very hard when you go beyond 1 tab. 1 tab is just a good time.

>> Are you a good person?
Yes, but I can be pretty bitter at time
>> Do you have any demons that you have yet to confront in your life?
Probably, I have an obsession with my ex who I date on and off. we've dated like a dozen tiems on and off.
>> Are you comfortable with who you are in your own shoes?
Not really, no. I've wasted a lot of my life and have heavy regrets. I'm doing great now but many past regrets.
>> Do you have any family history of serious mental illness such as schizophrenia?
Anxiety and Depression.

>> Muh ex
This might come up in your thoughts. You may fight it or think pretty hard about it. Generally psyches give you a new perspective on it and or some sort of resolution to the problem.

>> Shoes
Depending on if you're with people/how distracted you are from yourself this sort of thing might come up. Once again, you can get a new perspective on yourself/outlook on life

>> Anxiety and depression
Who doesn't?

Def recommend shrooms over acid for a first time. If you take a low dose it isnt so intense and the effects decay within a few hours.

Ever tried amphetamine or any stimulant? How can you say lsd is the only drug that allows you to keep your intellect while high.

Oops, forgot about those. Yeah you're right. I've only fucked with psychedelics, X, and weed/various spice concoctions.

Also opiates in low doses dont effect your cognition.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. That's a big statement to make.

What exactly is that mental virginity you're talking about?

I did some really nasty shit a few times, some kind of synthetic weed, and the first time I tried it I put in a few dozen times more of it than I should have. It was pure hell, the whole of reality falling apart and no way to escape it, but I recovered fully. Maybe just started to appreaciate my sanity a little more, not taking it for granted.

going to sleep essentially destroys your current consciousness and waking up replaces it with another
the only thing that keeps yourself your self is momentum

Sometimes the effects do get stuck in "on' position. Mostly in the form of visual aberrations. Like image ghosting of moving objects or color aberrations for instance.

Considering you can't get real LSD anymore.... lol

I've done acid once and mushrooms quite a few times. First off, you should absolutely try them at least once, I think everyone should. They are relatively safe (much safer than coffee or alcohol from a toxicity point of view), the main danger is psychological trauma or more immediate dangers of hallucinating in an unsafe place. Both of these dangers can be minimized if you pay attention to the most important two things any tripper will tell you: set and setting. Your mental state and your environment will have the strongest impact on the experience, so make sure you feel good going into it and are in a safe and comfortable environment. If you pay attention to this shit and take it seriously, you really have nothing to worry about.

Now as far as benefits go, sure it's jsut a chemical affecting your brain. The permanent change and awakening people talk about comes from being in a very unique frame of mind that you can't really find any other way. It makes many things clear and obvious that weren't before (and many other things become confusing). This is the main reason I think most people would benefit from trying psychedelics. It's not about the long lasting chemical effects because there arent really any, but you will remember the experience and the ideas that came to you, and if it was under the right circumstances it can be life changing.

>some kind of synthetic weed
Ugh, I tried this shit a few times a few years back. First couple of times it wasn't so bad but the 3rd or 4th time in it hit like a motherfucking truck and scared the everliving shit out of me. I didn't come down from it for a good 24 hours and my head wasn't right for another week or two after. I'll never touch it again, it's either the real deal or nothing now. I'd highly advise anybody considering trying synthetic weed/spice/whatever they call it these days to reconsider.

Easy to find horror stories about this shit. Many alternative chemicals are potentially dangerous. You're fortunate that you aren't still suffering side-effects.

The worst thing about illegality of weed is that naive people who blindly believe legality is about safety assume that any alternative that is legal is safe.

This

i actually became a botanist after a number of shromm trips because i discovered i loved plants and they loved me

sounds kinda gay but hey...no way youd know differently

So I have a lot of friends who do sleeping and occasionally they hit me up to try it(Which I don't).
I remember reading some sleeping essentially destroys your current consciousness and replaces it with another(sorta like how you wouldn't be you anymore after being teleported)
Could have been bullshit, I dunno
Is sleeping safe?
Will the current me die if I go to sleep?

I wouldn't be surprised if I am suffering from lingering/permanent effects that just aren't obvious/apparent even now. That shit was strong.

I'm glad to be living in CA now where legal access to real quality weed isn't an issue.

Grats to you for following something you love, that's always admirable.

Hilarious bait.

this. and incidentally it's for the same reason that people make fun of virgins.

and incidentally the same reason people make fun of Veeky Forums

What do you mean you can't find real lsd. As a disclaimer I'm not much of a drug user and I realize lots of people try to pass syn drugs as lsd, but couldn't you use the internet if you can't find a dealer Irl and always be sure to test it?

you should try lsa
>go to a store and buy some ipomea tricilor (also heavenly blue or pearls gate will work) seeds.
>gardening shops usually cote their seeds with toxic pesticisdes so plant them sometime this week (if u are in a moderate climate like centr europe north america etc)
>when autumn comes gather the seeds
>you can try washing down 5 or 6 hundred seeds with water for a mild trip( keep in mind that ull prob feel sick and vomit from it in after the first 60 minutes at onset butits a good kind of vomiting like on amanita muscaria).
>ibunderstand if vomiting is unpleasent so you can also do a cwe ( cold water extraction) or a more elaborate lsa extraction into gelcaps if thats what you want search erowid on how to( there is also a detailed way how to on anarchist cook book)
>have fun

note: remember to always do detailed research on psychoactive substances before jumping in
fly high stay safe
peace

oh i forgot to add stay away from deliriants such as deadly nightshades brugmansias and the like
bad juju man

this is entirely false
psychoactive substances are not for everyone i agree bug speaking for everyone who tried it especially when you dont have first hand experience is extremely juvinile.
>cuz muh friends said this and that
cmon...