Music

Suggest me some good classical music to listen to while I study Math.

Actually, any music will do; just without lyrics.

tl;dr pls help anons i can't concentrate w/o mah musik. thanks guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7VYVjR_nwE
youtube.com/watch?v=tyG6YMLEWus
youtube.com/watch?v=2yDVM77lGlM
youtube.com/watch?v=uhesDs6FWpo
youtube.com/watch?v=4K0mY2cmLBY
play.spotify.com/album/2IFn2sYqWn63MLZncFgNEG
reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/3sz7p8/help_tabletmetrics_not_working_with_spotify/
youtube.com/watch?v=-x3zAMfmpAM
youtube.com/watch?v=guYmVNRAjjI&list=PLU08QwhdiK-gATEK66ihuZmxHouht6L0U
youtube.com/watch?v=FD0dH5gR8Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=__h_qNYm2bQ&list=PLoLllKMDm7Fu9QOarSMBTMm66zbE8RmEM&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=ea2WoUtbzuw
m.youtube.com/watch?index=1&v=d81G9W8pEno&list=PLfe41mfdYreJHuQCWsXaRHc5-dc-1OMTX
youtube.com/watch?v=G7B-q8_aTA4
youtube.com/watch?v=SFR-KLSCd1E&t=3275s
youtube.com/watch?v=oa_oGbkBzKo
youtube.com/watch?v=spUcxBFEpBM
youtube.com/watch?v=0WNCBPdetG4
youtube.com/watch?v=0lEVphLiFqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just listen to video game soundtracks. Usually does the trick for me

Any suggestions? I'm not into video games much (used to be during grade school, but not so much in college)

Chopin
Bach
Rachmaninoff

My personal favs

just put this on a monitor on your left and pretend to be on a train:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7VYVjR_nwE

Original sonic soundtracks
Wolf3d
Mass effect
Katamari
Heard good things about Halo

Devil's Trill Sonata
Danse macabre, Saint-Saens
Tragic Overture, Johannes Brahms
Dance of the knights, Prokofiev
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, Johann Bach
Ode to death, Gustav Holst

This is actually pretty cool, glad I have dual monitors.

youtube.com/watch?v=tyG6YMLEWus
youtube.com/watch?v=2yDVM77lGlM
youtube.com/watch?v=uhesDs6FWpo

Thanks, I'll try them out :D

Unfortunately I don't because I'm a typical broke college student - no worries tho, got my phone

Do you play an instrument?

I find listening to things I'm familiar with makes the music less distracting and more enjoyable.

As for what music; I am of course biased to Bach's Lute Suits: youtube.com/watch?v=4K0mY2cmLBY

Music is better when you can appreciate the form, musicianship, interpretation etc.

I usually recommend finding some piano music playlists on spotify. After listening for a while, spotify will start suggesting new piano pieces in their discover weekly playlist, so it's a nice way of discovering new music.

Try this album, thought it was neat. Also explore the artists of albums you like etc.
play.spotify.com/album/2IFn2sYqWn63MLZncFgNEG

Oh, one last thing, just use the browser player and use an adblocker to get rid of the vibe-ruining ads, artists still get paid thanks to the tragedy of the commons. Use the 'spotify hotkeys' browser plugins (firefox and chrome have one) to easily control playback in browser. When on your phone, use AdAway and the Xposed module 'Tablet metrics' to trick spotify in thinking you're on a tablet, so you can choose which tracks to play instead being forced to shuffle playlists. For tablet metrics to work, use an older version of spotify, see
>reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/3sz7p8/help_tabletmetrics_not_working_with_spotify/
The older version works fine, don't forget to turn off auto-updates for spotify in the app store.

oh my god not again...
can't you guys give the academic posturing a break sometimes? Either Veeky Forumss self esteem is so terrible they must validate themselves by making every little aspect of their lives as elite as possible or it's the complete opposite where you truly believe you're a superhuman intellect too divine for popular music. Both are equally horrifying.

Love this: youtube.com/watch?v=-x3zAMfmpAM

Brainlet detected.

youtube.com/watch?v=guYmVNRAjjI&list=PLU08QwhdiK-gATEK66ihuZmxHouht6L0U
This is my playlist

Nope :/ I've been procrastinating on learning the violin for ages though.

Thanks for this - though Spotify isn't available in my country (since third world country = rampant mp3 piracy = Spotify saying no point)

There are workarounds that I'll look into.

Thanks everyone else for the music suggestions.

youtube.com/watch?v=FD0dH5gR8Zc

I really enjoy this piece.

Idk where you live, but I'm sure there's a classical radio station you can listen to, and since it's classical, the hosts are typically quite soothing.

Agalloch- The Mantle

youtube.com/watch?v=__h_qNYm2bQ&list=PLoLllKMDm7Fu9QOarSMBTMm66zbE8RmEM&index=21

My go to, enjoy friend
youtube.com/watch?v=ea2WoUtbzuw

Definitely go for baroque. Try Scarlatti or something on the keyboard by Bach.

Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports

m.youtube.com/watch?index=1&v=d81G9W8pEno&list=PLfe41mfdYreJHuQCWsXaRHc5-dc-1OMTX

Boston is good for just rock n roll

The lute suites are amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=G7B-q8_aTA4
youtube.com/watch?v=SFR-KLSCd1E&t=3275s
youtube.com/watch?v=oa_oGbkBzKo

It's not classic but It's still great:

Nujabes

I'm not into classical music so I'm using brain.fm, you should give it a try, it's been working pretty good to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=spUcxBFEpBM

Moonlight Sonata
Orphan of Kos soundtrack
Claire de lune
Gwyn soundtrack
Adult Swim Bump - Long Walk Home
>Almost any adult swim bump works well
Enjoy OP

Debussy's vocal works do magic on me, also early-mid Italian baroque if you don't mind your fair share of harpsichord/recorder

Have someone in the room sing in your face while he blasts electric guitar music at full volume. Then try to study. Compared to low volume piano.

Lot of really good recommendations in here, I would recommend Erik Satie's "furniture music" which is essentially proto-ambient music.
youtube.com/watch?v=0WNCBPdetG4
Captcha: 420

Saint-Saens is godtier

Genius

I've always been a fan of going through Armin van Buuren's ASOT year mixes on spotify. Most have lyrics, but they're more for the vocal sound than actual words you'll get distracted by.

silence. You music is only a distraction.

This helps me when I'm studying
youtube.com/watch?v=0lEVphLiFqs

x2 or you could go for neroli thinking music by Eno.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .