American strudels

American strudels

You're a fucking idiot please kill yourself so no one has to see your dumb fuck posts ever again

>chewy cookies
I thought they were fruit and cake

They're apparently American strudel according to OP's retarded shitposting logic

They are totes different from these Hungarian strudels, amirite?

Hungary is a backwaters shithole, what's your point

More like fig newtons are what strudels wish they could be.

fig newtons arent trying to be anything other than fig newtons and you know it
people dont go to the store and think hey i'd like some strudels ill pick up some fig newtons

Of course. Fig newtons evolved so far beyond strudels they chortle in disdain at their lowly brethren. If anything calling a fig newton a strudel is an insult to their magnificence but that is the only way eurotrash can comprehend them.

how's highschool going?

you find someone to sit next to at lunch?

Highschool has been out for two decades

OP should try these sometime

>no puffy dough

>strudel

but no one is calling fig newtons strudels you delusional faggot. literally says right there on the box they're cookies

>Thinks they're cookies and not fruit and cake
Look at this failget over here

op literally posted " American strudels" next to a picture of fig newtons. he was implying they are strudels.

If there is ANYTHING that is a wannabe baby hand-sized struesel, it is rugelach, the best of which is probably raspberry or chocolate. Rugelach, has a flaky folded pastry.

Streusel and strudels are not the same thing.

I've been craving these for weeks, but forget about them when I go to the store. Thanks, OP, they're going on the list

>american
Ancient Egyptian, actually. Fig rolls are the oldest form of confectionary still eaten today. The original was honeyed fig paste wrapped in semolina dough. The modern is not much different.

Fig Newtons are Ancient Egyptian?

A cookie is just a cookie, but a Fig Newton® is fruit and cake!™

WE

The modern Fig Newton is identical in form to the Ancient Egyptian fig roll, yes. The only difference between ours and theirs is sugar (and/or HFCS?) instead of honey, the fact that the originals have a visible seam that the factory made ones lack and, likely, preservatives. Also, today's dough might have chemical leavening while the ancient form certainly lacked it.

Among modern Egyptians, fig rolls and raisin rolls (and fig-and-raisin rolls) are still made and eaten the same way they were in ancient times, particularly among rural people.

WUZ

Baykuhz?

>Philadelphia baker and fig lover Charles Roser invented and then patented a machine in 1891 which inserted fig paste into a thick pastry dough. Cambridgeport, Massachusetts–based Kennedy Biscuit Company purchased the Roser recipe and started mass production. The first Fig Newtons were baked at the F. A. Kennedy Steam Bakery in 1891. The product was named "Newton" after the city of Newton, Massachusetts.

FIG ROLLZ

>invented and then patented a machine
>a machine
They just used slaves back in the day