Engineering vs physics

i am leaving mechanical engineering (i'm at second year now), i am choosing between the 2 in the subject.
i would anyway lose and year, but with e.e. i would have less exams to do in the second year because i can keep some from m.e., while at physics i would have to do second year+ 1 or 2 from the first that werent in the m.e. course
what would you do?
*random image*

i am sorry, in the title should have been "ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING VS PHYSICS"

Go with electronics.

t. a Mech. E.

>implying physics isn't a subfield of engineering
The same argument which proves science is part of philosophy applies.

what is t. a Mech. E.? (i am italian btw)

>▶
engineering is part oh physics, not the contray

No, you've got it all wrong. Engineering has existed longer than physics (people building mud huts and shit ages before math was even a thing). Physics can be used to successfully solve problems in engineering, and is therefore a part of it.

Don't listen to that guy, he can barely do integrals. Go with physics, anything else is just stamp collecting.

t. Feynman

Loving you. I will go 99%, in particular i am fascinated from Quantum Loop Gravity, i dream ending up as the one who proves the truth about this.
Anyway, what is t. a Mech. E.? or t. Feynman? i know who he is, but why t??

In the big scheme of things it doesn't matter because you'll all be doing the same jobs.

That's what my physics chair said when I told him I was doing nuclear engineering for grad school

That's true, but what matters is what you do at job, not the job itself
Anyway, i maybe would have stayed at engineering if i could do nuclear engineering, but in italy there are no nuclear implants, so there is only 1 university in all italy that provides it and italy = no job for nuclear

That t. is just a /pol/-tier meme meaning "regards" or so

Nuclear implants
When you want radioactive boobs
I think you meant plant
The reason Italians don't have nuclear plants is because they have a talent for screwing shit up

Engineering is boring. If you want to be bored and work for someone else your whole life while getting shafted and never create anything you'll be remembered for, go engineering.

t. Engineer of 50 years

For you

Did u forget to attach a picture?
It's ok I'm an engineer too - i forgot how to do things sometimes :)

Butthurt physics/mathfag detected. Mad because no jobs in your field?

:( I wish I'd done maths or physics. I might be doing something worthwhile now instead of having a mid-life crisis toiling away every day drawing up plans for bridges.

Seriously, OP. If you get the chance change to physics. With a physics degree, you can do any job an engineer can, and you also have a much wider range of careers.

lmao, retard who cant into math and then thinks its useless.

Yeah sure, nigger. How's teaching all those mouth breathers in high school, kiddo?

Does anyone actually fall for that? I guess it would be decent bait if you removed that last sentence.

>Does anyone actually fall for that?
Like half of Veeky Forums falls for that.

Every year since 2014 during graduation season we get a shitton of people bitching on this board about not getting STEM jobs with a physics degree and bitching about "bureaucracy" with regards to legislation and engineering licensures.

Don't feel bad it's their own fault for getting career advice from fucking reddit and Veeky Forums.

Engineering ties in with many fields from economics to chemistry to CS to law to biology and even art. Physics is undoutbtedly one of the most useful tools, but physical engineering science itself is field well outside traditional physics; you won't see a transport class in physics curriculum etc. At most you'll have baby fluid dynamics after developing L and H formalism in upper level Classical Mechanics.

Engineering is better for job prospects but it's more boring and probably more time-intensive. Just take some of the more interesting physics classes when you have free credits.

>That's what my physics chair said when I told him I was doing nuclear engineering for grad school
Of course he would say that, because as a NukeE you'll have more job opportunities than him since it's literally illegal for him to touch any design that involves a nuclear reaction without a PE holding his hadn.