Wealth Tracking

I’ve tracked my money balances in excel since January 2009. AMA.

Can i get a copy of your folio

$300K?

I hope that crypto part actually disappears at the end of the graph instead of tapering off to the zero like every other color

Nice bubble, correction soon

Btw I'm 12

Can you help me? Because i'm losing Everything and i'm already poor

Sorry the graph looks like it crashes at the end. It’s just because I have zero balances in my spreadsheet for months after March.

Why do you do it in Excel? It's bloody simple, just check your e-banking for your investments + cash and then add the rest (crypto from blockfolio, retirement fund from whatever paper they give you every year). Why use an excel for it?

I was pretty lucky. Graduated college in the middle of the Great Recession and have been throwing as much money at index funds as I could afford since. I’ve. Been putting $25 a week in crypto since last June. I was aware of bitcoin when it was $7. Will always regret not buying a few. I just wanted to demonstrate the power of compounding interest to you guys.

I’m an accountant and excel has always been handy. Plus I have my money in 8 different places. Keep in mind when I started in 2009 we didn’t have all these newfangled devices.

These morons on here will never understand investing or compounding.

Literally there are people on here in their mid twenties who somehow had $50k (in cash) saved up from their McJobs have gambled it all away rather than put it in a tracker and have their retirement and their children's educations paid for without even needing to look at it. And to top it all of they call this 'Investing' and not 'gambling'

Which version of Excel do you recommend?

I am one of those people.

22 y.o., started 2017 with 40k, currently sitting on:

170k in crypto
30k in ETFs
40k in $EDIT
50k in my savings account (i wanted that black debit card, sue me)

Stay mad boomer.

I don't get it. How's your Retirement part goes down sometimes? Explain to retard please.

I don’t know off the top. Prob if you look the stock market had a correction in those months. I get a bonus every March so you may see a bump around then every year.

I strongly suggest tracking your monthly balances and setting annual goals that are a stretch but achievable at the beginning of every year for each of your accounts.

Crypto is exciting but most people aren’t going to win big. Slow and steady wins the race.

Whatever you can get for free. My computer has the 2010 version.

Thanks

why is it so little gain in 2017?
didnt you go all in?

I was up $78k at the end of 2017. I feel pretty good about that. Most of my stuff is in index funds.