/smg/ - Stock Market General

Power hour is a meme edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous Thread

Morning all

I am feeling pain. Anyone else in chuck e cheese tokens too because none of this shit matters?

will today be the day i can get out of gnrc at 50.

no. i never will be able to get out of it.

Morning!

Thinking about just not watching my stocks today

Why eon't there be a glorious shitstorm that purges the financial landscape from cancer?

F

I am holding mainly meme stocks

I feel confident

>lose 3k yesterday on AMD
>feel like death because I haven't slept
>bought a start up and pour time and money into it and it is making tons of money but man is running the business exhausting
>might sleep til 12 and wake up to the blood bath then.

what price did you buy in?

>he diversifies in memes
You just gotta all in’d into a single one. For me, it’s CRON

A month ago when it dipped to 12.72. Shoulda sold around 13 but it is what it is.

sucks desu

Baby never buy AMD above 11.50, its like clockwork.

wtf i hate investing now

Meh, I'm going to wait til earnings and jump out then.

I think it'll hit at least 14, so I expect to make money still, but having money tied up til early may or late April is kinda annoying

Sucks but at least you aren’t a poorfag like me.

KTOS turned out to be another meme stock

Last chance to buy fuckers.

+10% tomorrow

stay long, it'll hit 15/16

>save money
>learn skills and trades
>when opportunity presents itself jump on it
I'm a manufacturing engineer by trade and now I own a ever expanding machine shop. I just bought a 40k machine that just landed me a contract worth 150k that will take me a week to push out and onto the next job.

So just do your best, plan accordingly, and you will make it.

THE CITY OF ETERNAL BEAR KEK

BUY THE AMRS DIP

NOW IS THE TIME TO MAXIMIZE LOSSES!

Maybe today we will have another FED shitpost rollercoaster

The market begins in one trend and after the speech, it ends in the opposite trend

>and now I own a ever expanding machine shop
Care to explain ? Are you a machine tool broker or do you own a little fab ?

404 Shills not found.

just got at 5.22 have set to sell at 5.60 i believe in you user

buy cron for your health

Thanks. I worked 14 years for a company learning the business. We built Home Theaters for richfags. I was in line to take over the business when the owners retired but instead of passing it on they shut it all down and laid me off.

We were the last company in this area that did that sort of work. I got kinda lost trying to find what I should do with my life and didn’t have the funds to start my own business. I’m working again but having to learn another trade while paying off loans n shit from before I lost my job. Things are getting better but it’s slow.

I wish they would just rip off the band aid. Raise the fucking rates and do it in a linear fashion at preset times. Let the market dump for a year and get over it.

You think a year will do it?

I learn something new today : US Breakevens

It seems the 10Y breakevens ot dumped today at open, which means a lower inflation is expected by the market.
It sums up as the USD is getting stronger
I think people are buying bonds now

Job shop that I'm turning into a medium-sized contract production facility. I'm also developing my own pneumatic fixture system to see if it sells, but I might scrap that idea in favor of something else.

whats the plan today? just hodl? im all red.

I'm bleeding Bois someone pass the alcohol

Holy shit, literally every stock I'm watching is plummeting fast. What's happening anons!?

NXTD and MYO today

Anyone else here in micron?

Low p/e, consensus is undervalued

Want to put more in but waiting for black Monday first

Sounds comfy as shit

If I have dollars, and want to protect their value from inflation, should I buy something that isn't a dollar and then trade that for more dollars after the price adjusts to reflect inflation?

gold? silver? FOREX?

IM FREE
FREE FALLIN

so who are the fucking retards going long right now? we are about to enter a trade war with china, impose tarriffs on steel, and powell has to actually talk about fiscal plans today (ie no low rent MLK speeches from every black congressman). look at JNK and HYG. smart money seems to think its going down. get outta the way and take up short positions or get fucked.

>stress
>fast paced work
>people throw money at you for easy shit
>have to buy material and keep shit in inventory all the time or else production stops
>if a machine goes down then shtf
>have to make deadlines or face lawsuit
Thank God I've done all this before or else I'd be a sobbing mess

> low rent MLK speeches from every black congressman

top kek m8 u forgot the bit about diversity in hiring practices

it was supposed to be a green day!

I-It's normal to have a portfolio of -44%, right.. haha?

>>stress
>>fast paced work
>>people throw money at you for easy shit
>>have to buy material and keep shit in inventory all the time or else production stops
>>if a machine goes down then shtf
Looks like my process engineer job

what are you stupid?

>MYO today
>today

Should have gotten in earlier this week

>they didn't buy the cronos dip

Someone who is less of a brainlet than I please explain why KTOS is down even though they beat earnings expectations?

It's the biz way. You do have a folder full of pink wojacks right?

elaborate. do you actually think that we are still in a bull market?

this is what i was talking about specifically

Whole market is down, wake up brainlet. Don't be a weak handed faggot. Will test ath's next week.

paniced and sold at 5.35. little gain but a gain none the less. that was stressful AF.

BOG PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

>elaborate. do you actually think that we are still in a bull market?
Obviously we are, are you stupid?

>you

There's no scientific law that states the price of a security must increase if the company beats earnings.

Jews.

meme stocks are bound to fail

not us im down 7 percent on that fucker from when i bought it.

kek
ok, good luck bud

Where is that OHRP shill? I just wanted to say thanks for the beer from that short.

is there a list of meme stocks so i can blacklist?
OHRP
KTOS
NAK
AUY

unless you want to sell low...

Wow costco gives no fucks about the feds or jews, good thing I bought this thing. Thanks 1gallon mayo

Forgetting AMRS

i was thinking of buying costco
any chances of ever beiing a dip?

youre the only one that thinks that scrub

I need to add costso to my food portfolio, walmart shit itself hard

Sorry user, I'm just as confused as you. It took a small hit with the market yesterday but for it to drop as low as it is after a great ER & public safety division sale is ludicrous. I sold at 11.60 because I can make more money today with SVXY. I'll be buying back in

Reminder to buy RIOT and hodl through the turbulence until they open their cryptocurrency exchange in the summer.

buy pep, the time is now 108

>youre the only one that thinks that scrub
so youre listening to Veeky Forums?
hey im long in a few small caps that dont really follow the major markets.

wouldnt touch anything in one of the main indexes right now with a ten foot pole. cant wait to take your fucking money you stupid fucking faggot. better hurry up and buy that dip you dumbfuck

>retarded bear is on a high because of a market down day
seriously just put yourself out of your misery

alright, you just keep waiting for that ATH then. its gonna be a long one

The Nasdaq went back to ath the other day
this is a consolidation period dumbass

>KTOS

It's still dropping

yes i have 1000 shares

anybody have any good picks for the next week or two?

TENX

just made 5 grand

FTR

thanks for telling us after.

I had VTNL and sold too early due to traveling :(

AMRS my friend, the sale is still on :)

Howdy. I'm the guy who was trying out the buy reversal model yesterday.

Today's stocks are
MTEM (+0%)
CYAN (+0%)
NNVC (+5.43%)
OCUL (+5.41%)

Not bad. How do you find them in the first place? Just browse charts?

Pretty much. I used finviz screener and looked for stocks under $7. It's easier if you look for stocks with very minimal growth or decline in the last day. I looked at medical companies because there's so many of them.

ive been saying plays for weeks now but no one pays attention

idiots here want to paly AMRS

The Virgin Big5 vs the Chad TEN X

I only ever saw you predicting doomsday after the bombs dropped

dear lord TENX is halted on a downtrend, its going to be a bloodbath

I bought the DAX dip

Nice. I’m gonna research this and try it.

LARP

screenshot or stop blogging

DOWN DOW DOWN

You should! I wish these generals would last until after the close because that's when I do most of my searching.

i should add, tech and particularly CRSPR stocks are definitely still worth a swing. there is a lot of speculative money that is going to be shook out though. and the rate hikes, when they hit, are gonna be bearish as all fuck. youve been warned.

im shorting oil from yesterday till sometime next week DWT. also if this 'tradewar' with china has legs YANG will be a good one. TVIX is obviously gonna be fun, but its high now.

as for actual companies AMRS is your friend, and its cheap right now. ER in two weeks.
i was also watching CMI as they just took a dive, but they have too big of a market cap to really move quick. good for a real longterm hold though. also any CRSPR stocks (CRSP, EDIT, NTLA) will be good for a run.

personally im anticipating a big crash either next week or sometime this month, so im limiting my exposure right now, but even on the way down, these companies have a lot of momentum and their tech is just breaking through (talking about CRSPR stocks) and they will be good for swings. AMRS has the potential to really grow, so do your DD. it also has the advantage of pretty much ignoring major index trends.