Throwing out the forks

Veeky Forums I'm thinking about transitioning to nothing but chopsticks as my daily eating utensils. Any buy tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B0037XJ3A0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah. Don't.

Buy Chorks. Brand new meme

they're nice supplemental utensils, but I would never use them as my only utensils.

You'll be laughed out of any non-asian establishment you eat at, even your own home.

How do you eat steak
How do you eat mashed potato
How do you eat a lasagne
How do you eat a casserole
How do you enjoy life.

that's kind of weird OP. Even as a chink i still have like five forks.

Well arnt you edgy.

Don't buy metal ones. Too much chance of chipping enamel.
Do buy melamine vs wood, so that you can sterilize them in the dishwasher without much effort. I guess if your cutlery rack has holes that aren't too big. The melamine look like faux ivory, faux jade. Wooden might not be properly painted or stained, and could cause some health concerns (not like they give a shit about that in China).

You can't just use chopsticks, unless you chop your food like a little baby/old toothless old person. Because if you don't do that, you will not be complying with manners befitting a civilized human. A bowl held up to my chin, so you can shovel-scoop rice, oatmeal or other things right into my mouth. Disgusting. And, for bites larger than one mouthful, you'll be holding the uneaten food on the chopsticks, or else overstuffing your mouth, which is also disgusting and poor manners.

>How do you eat steak
Scissors.
>How do you eat mashed potato
>he eats mashed potatoes with fork instead of spoon
Fuck is wrong with you?
>How do you eat a lasagna
Sectioning soft food with chopsticks isn't too difficult or you could just use spoon.
>How do you eat a casserole
>How do you enjoy life.
These two statements are mutually exclusive.
But given that casseroles are even more clumpy than East Asian rice, it's simple with chopsticks.

>non asian

The asian ones too

I always eat chinese food with chopsticks because my mom's a weeb but my chinese friends all use forks because they're objectively better 9 times out of 10

dont forks are so much more cheaper and easy to use

Idk if this is a weeb thing but in Japan other utensils are often used. If you want to pretend to be Asian then do it right.

How sloppy is your mash that you cant use a fork? It isnt that much of a hassle using one, sure its not the most efficient, but it gets the job done.
>or you could just use spoon.
OP said they were transiting to using only chopsticks, I wasn't just talking about forks here.

asian here

we eat western food and use forks and knives too, you nimrod

stop this reverse-racism

And more civilized

Hey guys I'm thinking about transitioning to nothing but horse drawn carriage as my daily driver. Any tips?

>Oh cool you made steaks, I- wait, where are my utensils?
>Here are your chopsticks, and your scissors.

please consider AA, op
Anime Anonymous :^)

>tips?
yeah once you do that, try eating mashed potatoes, or oatmeal

and then kill yourself.

/thread

both easy to ball up, thick foods?... not op but are you retarded?

You learn how to use chopsticks properly, dum dum.

i know you're trying to shitpost, but like, plenty of people walk or ride bikes everywhere they go. a horse is a bad comparison.

If chopsticks are good enough to eat the finest food in the world (kobe beef), then they should be good enough to eat anything else.

By Chinese you mean the "born in America to immigrant parents" kind or the "came to America for graduate school " kind? Because I seriously doubt the latter group vastly prefer using forks.

did the same thing like 2 months ago, these are what i bought and they are pretty nice. i also have a few decent pairs of reusable which i what i mainly use

amazon.com/gp/product/B0037XJ3A0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Authentic Chinese here. Bro, just fork the cutlery that is appropriate for the meal. I use a knife and fork with a steak and chopsticks when I have noodles/ hot pot etc.

Don't get painted chopsticks though.

weeaboo alert

Soup? And I mean bisque Like soups with little solids

>op

> Everywhere they go

So no taxis, no bus, no leaving their few blocks of the city ever? Holy shit I guess their mailman doesn't drive a truck and their grocery store gets the daily stock in on a horse-drawn carriage too.

Everyone depends upon vehicles heavily. And those who don't are either too poor to matter, or pants-on-head retarded hipsters.

Actual Chinese person here. Chopsticks are tools, just like forks and knives. Different tools are good for different situation. I use chopsticks as my main eating utensil, but I use knife and fork for pork, spoon for fried rice, fork for noodles, etc. Don't throw out your other utensils, and don't hesitate to use them for certain foods when chopsticks just don't cut it.

As for buying chopsticks, Make sure to get one that have a square-ish handle and needs to be at least 10 inches long to have a good grip. I don't have anything to say about material; I've only used bamboo and wood, and I didn't feel a difference.

How will you eat soup without a spoon? Chop-sticks won't help you there.

Check mate, Davido-kun.

You eat soup with a fork? Fuck weirdos all around.

disgusting weeb. go back to your anime

OP here. Everyone asking how I'll eat steak, soup, etc, you're assuming I actually eat those things. Oh I love steak, but I'm on a shitty budget that's pretty much rice and beans, noodles, Mexican foods (Texas) and sandwiches. Shit that I can actually use chopsticks for.

I realize Veeky Forums has declined, but y'all are making some /b/ level arguments.

I live with roommates (3), at least one takes utensils, dishes, generally shit roommate. Don't have to worry about that with a metal/plastic/wood stick.

Easier to clean. I have shitty forks and spoons now, but even after being cleaned they taste like the last thing they were in. Metal and plastic construction, I know, but college budget.

It's not a weeb thing; I have reasons I'm considering it.

>college budget.
>buying two sticks
You dumb nigga. Go outside, get two sticks, and whittle them down. Then shove them up your butt where they belong.

Pre-slice the steak in the kitchen.

Panda Express and every Chinese buffet have them for free. You really think they're going to stop someone for walking out with 6 dozen chopsticks?

Weeb here, even I am not this retarded.

>stealing
Are you an urban youth by any chance?

Not even Asian people do this, retard.

>not eating pizza with your bare hands
that's heresy

Why? I'm Japanese and even I wouldn't do that.

I live in Korea and Koreans fucking do this. Blows my mind.

Start off with lasagne.
Then move to ice cream.
Then move to soup.
Once you can eat your soup with chopsticks, you will be a true master.
dante must die mode: learn to use chopsticks to consume water from a glass.

that cd rack triggers me.

>Why? I

Because trolling. Isn't that obvious? Every time someone brings up a "forks vs. chopsticks" thread it turns into a shitstorm.

I'd actually want to attempt this. Something about using scissors on steak might actually work.

Put a pair in your nostrils and slam your head down on the table.

>my mom's a weeb
10/10 mom

Well, this would be flank/skirt steak.
Most other cuts of beef the chef would take care of cutting things into bite sized pieces.

move to china if you want to be an uncivilized gook

Why would you do that to yourself?

Holy fuck the level of white grievance on this board is unreal.
When did Veeky Forums become /pol/ ?
Its just food for fucks sake.
Do you genetic dead ends need to turn a discussion about food utensils into a culture war too?
The level of insecurity and social entitlement is unreal.