My body is always ready

My body is always ready.

>be on road trip with family
>Starting in California and visiting family in New Mexico, Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Tennessee
>Constantly stop for dinner at Cracker Barrel nearly every night for some fucking reason
>Struggle to keep finding it appetizing
>Cracker Barrel plus stomach issues I always get while traveling make me sick
>Constant gas from both ends, burps taste like potatoes
>Combined that with hick relatives, the whole trip became extremely uncomfortable

>Constantly stop for dinner at Cracker Barrel nearly every night for some fucking reason
They build them all right off of the highways for exactly that reason

Bad food for bad people.

>be long distance truck driver
>get to pickup/dropoff location
>veritable whirlpool of different restaurants
>get a day out, start driving through flyover states
>nothing but fucking cracker barrel and hardee's

Their meatloaf is fucking incredible.

I've only been there once when I was a kid but they just built one in my hometown. Is it even worth trying?

The one they just built in my hometown (opened like a month or two ago) is built right next to a freeway off-ramp/on-ramp. Now that you mention it, it totally makes sense.

I think so. Pretty good food, decent portions, good prices

I'll check it out. I'm definitely not a crazy food snob by any means, I definitely eat at chain restaurants all the time when I'm visiting my parents. Just heard from a friend it wasn't super good.

It's one of my family's favorite restaurants. We eat there whenever we travel. I don't think any of us have ever had a bad meal there.

Yeah I wouldn't have too high expectations, it's still at its core a cheap diner that caters to people frequently on the road. But the food is definitely pretty good in my opinion. Worth a try atleast once

>During the 1990s, the company was the subject of controversy for its official stance against gay and lesbian employees and for discriminatory practices against African American and female employees. A U.S. Department of Justice (USDOJ) investigation found that Cracker Barrel discriminated against minority customers; patrons complained of racially segregated seating and service quality.

They might be taking the southern theme a little too far.

>"cracker barrel"
>logo is a cracker and a barrel

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

>too far
They haven't gone far enough desu

What the fuck? I hate Cracker Barrel now.

Fuckin country fried steak and gravy with some greens and mashed potatoes and that sweet sweet cornbread.

did they tip with a rip?

Most stuff they make tastes of salt and breading.

They do a terrible job on that, it tastes like it's been soaked in soybeans.

Cracker Barrel is the Tim Duncan of restaurants; boring but gets the job done

>any time I go on a camping trip in the summer and the few times in winter we stop at cracker barrel
>the one we always stop in Massachusetts is amazing, good fast service, good food, pancakes are cooked correctly always, larger portions than other cracker barrels I've been to

>go to NY state
>the closest cracker barrel is only 10 minutes away from the site we're camping at
>go there early in the morning
>8am
>place is pretty much empty
>food is fast enough and tastes fine

>dinner at the campground was questionable baked potatoes that were sitting out too long
>we decide immediately dinner will be at the cracker barrel
>we head over around 8:30pm, mind you they are open until 11pm
>place is pretty much empty but there is still a line for a table
>finally get one after 20 minutes
>wait 20 minutes to be serviced
>order
>sorry we're out
>order again
>we're out
>various screams are now coming from the kitchen
>a waiter runs out crying
>we order again
>waiter leaves
>comes back 10 minutes
>sorry we're out of what you ordered
>more screaming from the kitchen
>we're literally just listing things off the menu to find something they aren't out of at this point
>40 fucking minutes go by
>we're about to leave at this point
>she comes out with food
>the screaming from the kitchen is even worse now
>the only people being served in the entire place are us and a family with 5 kids, all of which are screaming that they want to go home but the wife is refusing until she gets her order of dumplings she's been nearly waiting for an hour for
>we barely eat our food and pretty much ask for a take out container for it
>we now hear violent throwing of pots and pans in the kitchen and other various metal sounds
>a girl is shrieking
>waiter throws us our boxes and runs into the kitchen
>she gave us the receipt with our food so we don't even wait for her to come back
>literally no one in the store, no one at the check out counter
>we just leave

Never went back to that Cracker barrel.

kek

Cracker Barrel at late night can be kind of weird. We found one that was open really late once. We went there at midnight or so, and it was pretty much empty. The service was quick and the food was good, but our waiter was just kind of strange. He was a young guy who looked like John Lennon, and he seemed unusually happy to be working the late shift at Cracker Barrel. He was running around, whistling while he cleaned tables. I actually liked him.

Biscuits are alright, mac n cheese is godly, everything else has some weird starchy taste that lingers in my mouth after eating that upsets my stomach

>mac n cheese
Thanks for typing that. I hate reading the entire word, "macaroni." It's so exhausting.

thanks for typing that post

Nobody cares.

>weird starchy taste

Maybe it's the family sized basket of complimentary biscuits you just shoveled into your gaping maw before your proper dinner ever came out, you fat glutinous fuck

Wow, an entire post full of nothing but empty assertions and assumptions.

You sound like you're going through a tough time. I suggest getting some fresh air.

I hope whatever is bothering you passes soon.

Why can't a guy be happy minding his own business, just him and his thoughts without being seen as "weird"

*Gluttonous.

I worked at Cracker Barrel for about a year, everything in the back is unsanitary. Dirty ass kitchen. Once I worked there I could never eat at a Cracker Barrel again.

used to be called nigger bucket but KFC threatened legal action

lmao

>autism

They were ahead of the curve, giving them their own BLM approved safe-spaces.