Kebab/Doner/Gyro/Munchy

Kebab/Doner/Gyro/Munchy

>kebab not drowned in whitesauce
Where is this?

Why is only the bottom being heated?

The whole thing doesn't cook at once. They cook the surface and slice it off. Dunno what they do when the shop closes with raw + cooked meat together

do munchi boxes come with tzatziki sauce or is that a sauce we just made up over here?

It's usually just chili sauce or garlic sauce. Some do tzatziki and burger sauce too

>do munchi boxes come with tzatziki sauce or is that a sauce we just made up over here?
Tzatziki is greek food (and the gyro meat is better)

What these euro people are posting is muslim food, with some dietary laws about pork (gyro has a pork component), so it's usually beef for these guys, maybe beef-lamb. And the sauce is something shelf stable and cheaper, kind of a turkish spiced ketchup thing, or in canada, a sweetened condensed milk version of tzatziki which is pretty vile and sweet.

In other words, the old greeks who did the vertical spit (their word is donor) who came to the US long ago and make our golden greeks and such, we have the better recipe. Delicious fresh sour cream, garlic, cucumber, parsley in our tzatziki. MMMMmmm. Take a look at how bad every picture looks but yours?

Salad? chilli sauce boss?

We can do this Europe!

I want a kebab but closest place delivers only if I order two plate ones which are pretty much double kebabs and I can't eat so much shit. I could order the fries instead but who wants soggy fries from a kebab place?, I tried the rice because I can reheat it later but it wasn't very good

Anywhere that serves doner kebab with rice instead of fries/chips is going to be better quality

he meant that only the bottom most heating element is on, even though the guy is cutting from the presumably cold upper part.

Shish Kebab > Doner Kebab

Why choose a doner when most kebab shops buy their meat premade nowadays, from some factory. You don't even know what's it.

Shish on the other hand is decent pieces of lamb, grilled on skewers. No mystery in what you're getting, and it's freshly made.

doner with lavash from this turkish takeout place in my city

This thread makes me miss Turkey so bad. Holy fuck. Turkish doner was fucking great. I have yet to find a place in the US that even comes close.... I would sell my soul for a good shawarma place...

This is such goop

Prefer a kofte kebab myself, but pic related is what I'd get if kofte kebabs were unavailable

Look at the fucking retard, not posting his pic.

[spoiler]its meeee[/spoiler]

sah-lad? chilly soss?

open or tek awey?

four fifty pliz boss.

seeyoulata boss.

Shish.

This thread makes me moist.

>i want a gyro plate now

Letiz mayonaise on chicken san-wish?

>filename
What your ass will be like a few hours later?

both tah

why the fuck do you have sweetcorn on your kebab?

Veeky Forums, how do you pronounce "gyro?"

I've had gyro and shwarma, but not doner. Is there even a difference between doner and shwarma?

pitta cut open, doner in pitta, lettuce and onion on top of meat, chilli sauce, garlic sauce. Only acceptable way for doner to be enjoyed.

Depends what country you're from mate.

Not much.

Kebab is made by Turkish scum, Shawarma is made by Arab scum.

I've always wondered about these. They heat it up to cook the outside, then it cools down and they heat it up again. And this goes on throughout the course of the day. There must be massive bacterial growth going on, no? That thought has always put me off ever trying it.

Pretty sure the whole thing is hot, but the outside has those heating elements to brown the outermost layer of meat.

WHERE does the shawarma come into play here?

Is it like a donner? We dont have donner here.

I don't think we even have those doner here that's like compressed mince or whatever the fuck it is. What we call doner is basically stacked chicken meat like pic related.

How is that called in english?

shit-tier of food

yes, thats why they always give you the shits and are only eaten when pissed

Which is while I'll always stay away from them.

>KEBOBS
i donĀ“t know why but i laughed about that

you have no idea what you're talking about, have you even been to europe?

>Insults you in Turkish while you're waiting

>Pretty sure the whole thing is hot, but the outside has those heating elements
the fuck are you trying to say? what thing?