I need to open the window in my room occasionally for some fresh air. However during summer there are bugs outside...

I need to open the window in my room occasionally for some fresh air. However during summer there are bugs outside. We all know the odds of bugs entering my room while the window is open is proportional to the time my window is kept open and how far it is open.

For the sake of getting as much fresh air as possible while keeping as many bugs out, should I open my window very far for a short time or open it just a little for a long time?

Just buy a bug net you dummy

Incoming Goldman start intern here. Just ran the numbers on my window model and it concluded that you should keep your window open wide for a short amount of time

Dumb makiposter. What about a net?

Window screen is the term.

WTF is a bug net?

>Ask physics question
>Get all these bug net responses
Is Veeky Forums really just a bunch of engineers or something?

No, but apparently you expect Veeky Forums to do your homework.

I don't see how controlling the window will make a difference between the rate of bugs entering and the rate of air molecules entering -- I'm assuming the ratio will always be constant.

More realistically though you'll want to model the bugs as a (discrete) jump process and the air as a diffusion process, so funnily enough might be just who you need.

You should fully open the window since you maximise the air influx, but will probably get only slightly more bugs.
That is assuming that they are actively trying to get into your room like mosquitoes.

bugs noticing light, heat, difference in co2conz.

picrelated is my solution. best way to revenge. but i wouldnt tolerate any other kind of spider.

Buy a bug net you idiot.

Rate of air flow and rate of bug flow will grow proportionately to each other as area increases.
So it really doesn't matter, you'll get the same amount of bugs either way.
If you open your window wider you'll cool the room faster, which means less time in a room that isn't cool.

All these bug net posters know what's what.Huge ass mosquito nets cost, like, $10.
Those should be able to keep out just about anything.
Just throw one of those over the outside of your window.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Fucking degenerate.

Make Veeky Forums great again

>pedophile
>girl clearly has huge tits

That said I'd totally fuck a loli

why do you see cute girls and think of sex ?
seems like you're the pedophile here :^)

>what is Veeky Forums

mega milk interests me

Just install linux

is the likelihood of bugs to enter due to time and due to opening size proportional or exponential?

Open the room window and a window else where in the house to create a way for pressure to escape from your room so that there is more air exchange.

>very far for a short time
is the correct answer

Care to elaborate?

In return have another cute anime.

not him, but here is my super simplified 100 % unscientific opinion on that matter.

Case A: open the window full for 5 minutes
Case B: open the window half for 10 minutes

Let's assume the chance of insects coming in on every square millimeter is the same and as many bugs flying toward your window every minute.
In case A all bugs will get in on the first try.
In case B we have double the amount of bugs but only half of them will get in on their first try

From my experience and like said, not every bug turns 180 degrees and flies away after hitting the glass only once. So there needs to be only one stubborn bug that keeps trying to get in for case B to give you more bugs. # bugs getting in in case B ≥ # bugs getting in in case A.