How do i make this

How do i make this

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014140-shortcut-banh-mi-with-pickled-carrots-and-daikon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Google, how does it work? cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014140-shortcut-banh-mi-with-pickled-carrots-and-daikon Now fuck off back to b

I'm talking about the beef banh-mi I've never tasted any meat like it

Same recipe applies numb nuts. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Replace pork with thinly sliced beef. Contribute something of value or GTFO

If you're looking for help with cooking Veeky Forums isn't the place. This board is for acting like a snob and insulting other's cooking.

Looks like a beef and horseradish sandwich.

Popular here in Britain from the late 1600's.

The most difficult part by far is the bread. If you aren't great at baking, which I assume you aren't, see if you have a Vietnamese bakery in your area. If not, don't even bother. Without the right Bread there's no point in even trying.

Why are you so angry?

its literally french bread

1) Finding a decent baguette outside of France, let alone making one yourself, is close to impossible if you don't live in a major city.
2) It's a fucking Vietnamese baguette, dum dum. Do you even bánh mì?

idk man, you can't get so hung up on authenticity, you could buy a frozen, par-baked baguette from the store and finish it in your oven then build the sandwich.

>you can't get so hung up on authenticity

It's not even about authenticity; it's about making the bare bones sandwich you profess to be making. Without the right bread it's not the same sandwich, regardless of the filling. It would be like putting cold cuts, cheese, and some olive salad on wonder bread and calling it a muffuletta.

so what's the difference between a Vietnamese baguette and a French one?

Good lord. The difference between a store-bought bagutte or a bolillo roll and a "muh authentic Viet" is pretty damn small compared to your wonderbread example.

>make char siu
>pickle daikon, carrot, and cucumber, maybe some onion
>throw it all together in a Azodicarbonamide laden bun with some cilantro
>eat it

Vietnamese baguettes are typically lighter/airier, have a more delicate crust, and are generally a little sweeter and often include rice flour.

I guess it's a matter of how important you consider the quality of the bread you use, and how superficial you consider the differences and similarities between those different breads.

>(good bread is) close to impossible if you don't live in a major city

I'VE SEEN YOU POST THIS BEFORE. Stop. It's such a ridiculous generalization. All of the world's baking knowledge isn't exclusive to hip bakeries in big cities.

>a decent french baguette
>good bread

Who's the one making ridiculous generalizations?

user is right. chan is now different degrees of /b/. i came along in it's death throws apparently.

Have you ever tried your local grocery store?

Have you ever had a real French baguette?

>grocery store baguettes

Where are you from, user? In the US even high end/boutique type grocery store made baguettes are a complete joke, and barely even resemble the real thing in appearance.

dude with Vietnamese wife here.
they marinate their meat. that's the 'extra flavor' you are tasting. My wife does some marinade with chicken & cooked on the grill is 10 for 10.

Marinades only go so far. Could I borrow your wife for the evening?

from 1-10 how fucking wacko is your wife?

for science