Veeky Forums improvement general

Now that the dust has settled and most serious posters on here and within the IRC community agree that the board should be split into two distinct entities ie, a food board and a cooking board, let's discuss how this would be of benefit.
Clearly the cooking board would be of interest to those whith a genuine interest in the culinary arts and a sticky would be great!
Junk food and candy threads would be contained in /food/ (just an idea) leaving the YouTube 'celebrity' fans free to post on /tv/.
I really think we can make things better guys by creating a nice board where real cooks can hang out as well as providing a safe space away from the cooking board for the kids and their McDonald's threads.
What do you think?

I think that idea, and you, are dumb

This is a bad idea and you should feel bad for having it.

Veeky Forums is too slow a board as it is, certain threads just need to be pruned by mods is all.

Ja/ck/ threads are more relevant to Veeky Forums than they are to /tv/, filter them if you don't like them.

The sad thing is it's probably going to happen.
The sticky would be a good idea though.

If jack threads are relevant why do they keep getting deleted?
You are exactly the sort of shit poster this board could do without.
Why not try contributing something of worth?

Why don't you take literally 20 seconds to effortlessly filter out the things that annoy you so much? Is it the principle you special snowflake?

Because people like you keep complaining about them. They're about a man who is bad at cooking and doesn't realise it, and it's funny. It's about cooking, and is only funny to people who know how to cook. Pro wrestling was recently moved to /asp/, where it's less relevant than on /sp/, because a few /sp/ posters didn't like it and complained.

but what would we do if I wasnt here to tell people such as yourself that they, and their ideas, are dumb

I seriously doubt it will, I like it here and post quite a lot but it is a very slow board in the grand scheme of things and splitting it in two would be pointless.

>responding to stale pasta
why

the only part of jack threads that are unrelated is the talk of his family/religion etc. Like it or not, the majority of the threads are about his shitty cooking and shitty food. If you spent as much time complaining about the /alc/ generals as you do jack threads, we might get an actual unrelated thread deleted. Seriously, alcoholism has very little to do with food and cooking. If they post any drink recipes, it's usually only maximize alcohol intake without it tasting like shit.

I think it would be good to have a nice place to do cookalongs etc without all the trolls.

>agree that the board should be split into two distinct entities ie, a food board and a cooking board

no

request denied

there is no sense in that

go ahead and make a fking separate vegan board though. their kind are not welcome here.

>the IRC community

If you like your chat room so much, stay there. The board isn't for you.

>there is no sense in that

There's plenty of sense in that. It would separate the people who actually want to discuss cooking from all the fast food, youtube revewbullshit, junk food, and candy threads.

Jack is not relevant to Veeky Forums.
YouTube 'celebs' belong on /tv/.

That's never going to happen, there will always be trolls. Cookalongs turn to shit quickly often, some user always has to speak up about their special snowflake method of making X dish and be a cunt about it. You just have to ignore it, trolls are ignored in houston bros threads and they have realized it's a waste of time to troll there now, so there's less trolling. But random one-time cookalong threads will always get trolled more than the cookalong general. I don't find the general the most entertaining thread but it's not bad.

huh?

>tfw; you don't give a fuck about Veeky Forums or cooking but monitor the board anyway purely to report jack threads.

Jack? why don't you want us to post your juicy chicken?

That's so fucking stupid. This board doesn't have nearly enough traffic to even entertain the idea of splitting it. Go (back) to reddit if you want a million different boards.

Traffic is not the reason for splitting the board. Nobody gives a crap about traffic, it's irrelevant.

The idea is to separate the actual cooking from the bullshit.

It could work tho'

Traffic has everything to do with it. Traffic-less boards eventually die becaise they're so fucking boring and never updated. No board is perfect and there will always be trolls. Welcome to Veeky Forums, faggot.

Exactly.
Things need to change.

filter what you dont want

splitting the board is retarded

except maybe to create a vegan board, cos we don't like their kind around here.

are you a vegan?

>splitting the board is retarded

Why? What's the disadvantage to doing so?

>>are you a vegan
No

I dunno, the guys pushing the split in the IRC are very persuasive, I could see it maybe happening.
Regardless the trolling and YouTube shilling needs to be dealt with.

Veeky Forums is already a slow moving board, OP's suggestion would kill it off. But you have it good here. Compared to the bigger boards, Veeky Forums has high quality posting on average.

>chip/crisp thread
>what does wine taste like?
>how much milk are you supposed to use in cereal?
>god tier candy thread
>what is the thinking mans soda pop
>what do tall people eat
>how do you guys feel about bendy straws?
>is it safe to cook with rotten human blood?
Just a few gems from the catalog.
Take a long hard look at yourselves Veeky Forums, your board needs splitting and 24 hour moderation.

it halves the traffic for no rational reason

food=cooking
cooking=food

there is no difference there of any relevance

The mods have never and will never give as shit about Veeky Forums.

>nice board where real cooks can hang out
>providing a safe space

go fuck yourself

leave Veeky Forums and never come back

Terminal shitposter detected.

I haven't seen any "flyover" threads since the last one got nuked. Assuming that meme is being spammed by one autist who's been banned. Ought to keep it that way.

developmentally retarded teenager in need of "safe space" spotted

What IRC?

>>>>>>>>E>D>G>Y>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>E>D>G>Y>>>>>>>>>

Some name/trip fags and the Janny have an unofficial IRC on IRCnet.
Quite frankly it's a circle jerk and it's dangerous as they have far too much influence over what happens here.

Channel is password protected.
>I know the password :-)

just hide garbage threads. I hate youtube celebrity threads and posts about junk food and soda but once they hide the board is much easier to browse

Reasons not to split:
Despite the many junk food and YouTube threads, there is no shortage of cooking threads.
Splitting would halve the traffic of this board which currently has a pretty good pace. Not too fast, not too slow.
There is a lot if crossover between food and cooking. Junk food and Ja/ck/ threads sometimes spin off into cooking discussion, which pulls in some of the people who come here for cooking alone, and vice versa.
Most of the stuff you hate is harmless funposting. The balance between that and serious discussion is pretty good, compared to other boards which are plagued by deliberate and infectious shitposting.

The only arguments I see for splitting the board are baseless assertions that certain topics aren't relevat, usually from people who take themselves way too seriously. Just let people have fun, compared to the rest of Veeky Forums it's relatively benign.