Coffee thread

How does Veeky Forums like their coffee?

Where do you get your coffee usually? What's the best coffee you've ever had?

I just cold brewed some coffee at home for the first time, and I can't see myself ever needing to go somewhere for coffee again. Cold brewing your own stuff is far too good!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpyBYuu-wJI
youtube.com/watch?v=_ztynDwHoYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you don't just eat spoons of instant coffee powder your a fuckin poof m8

>crawl out of bed
>pour 5 cups of water in the coffee maker
>stuff a filter in
>pour in some pre-ground from the store brand tin
>add 4 packets of yellow sweetener
>pour heavy cream until it's a creamy light brown

*you're

* u r

>Cold brewing

Don't you mean throwing some ice cubes in there?

The fuck did the meme come from

I was watching some videos on how to cold brew recently, I think I might give it a go.

*Theyr'e

I concede defeat

thats not what cold brewing is

its putting grounds+water in the fridge

>The fuck did the meme come from
You live a very sheltered life if you think an objectively better way of drinking iced coffee is a "meme". Get your head out of your ass

I only drink coffee at the office out of a Keurig with 2% milk and Sugar in the Raw. I love triggering my coffee loving friends.

Fellow cold brew at home user here, can confirm it's pretty great.

It's very worth it user, it detracts from the bitter taste of coffee that not everybody is a fan of.

You take one sip and it's so smooth and cold against your lips, it's wonderful

What's your cold brewing method?

I grind up beans to fill 3/4 of a cup, then put four cups of cold water into a pitcher (I did a smaller amount because it was my first time doing it - go with these measurements). Cover that pitcher with cling wrap, and let it sit at room temperature for 12 to 14 hours. I prepared mine at 1pm yesterday and filtered out the grinds this morning with a sieve and two paper towels, so it's okay to leave it for an entire day if you wanna just forget about it til the next morning.

>tfw the convenience to quality level is irresistible

You're missing out user, those machines are for fucking fools

Had coffee at a Turkish embassy once, probably the best I ever had

Missing out on what, a proper espresso setup?

Craft espresso from the palms of your hands you fool, you're gonna go your whole life without putting them to use

Do you use a mortar and pestle, user?

lately for my cold brew i've been adding cinnamon, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cayenne pepper, then steeping it. it's tasty, if i do say so myself.

also, i can't pass up any coffee beverage with sweetened condensed milk, like vietnamese coffee, cuban coffee, etc. it's instant diabetes but worth it

You don't?

Frappe or bust. Granted, only during summer, but it's objectively the best way to drink coffee. What's even better is that you can fill it up with cold water once you're half way through it, and get the most out of the coffee foam on top.

Great way to ensure that you drink enough water throughout the day if each coffee leads to you drinking more than half a liter of water.

The Vietnamese restaurant near me has god tier ice coffee, is sweetened condensed milk really the secret?

Every vietnamese coffee recipe I've seen has sweetened condensed milk, so probably?
And this is tea not coffee, but Thai iced tea is also god tier. I think the tea is dried with vanilla or something

it's still shitty instant coffee, just lukewarm

The coffee beans I bought taste a little weak so it's not that enjoyable right now.

I got over drinking coffee with milk and sugar so I tried something a bit different this time. I had some extra baking chocolate lying around so I melted a little of that in the double boiler with some cream and then added in the coffee at the end. This is probably some kind of drink they make somewhere with a name.

I can say it's slightly better than having it black. At least it was fun to make.

if i were at an office job i would be happy to have this instead of a keurig, but if you're using either at home you're truly an idiot

its served cold

it's still shitty instant coffee desu and needs sugar to be tasty

frappes always have sugar. nobody said it isn't shitty instant coffee

Generally just black. I want to just pour it and drink.

If I'm on the road I'll get mcdonalds coffee. It's okay and a buck fiddy.

I do like coffee shops when I have the time, though. They look at me in deep confusion when I just get black house blends. The role reversal is amazing. I'm the hipster now because I just want black coffee.

That said I get a sweet tooth and go for the coffee flavored milkshakes sometimes.

where do you live

Too many people still drink instant coffee here in the UK. It's disgusting.

Kentucky but I tend to be in pretty gentrified places.

Only instant I fuck with are those single bags from folgers. Basically a tea bag with coffee grounds in them. They taste okay and good for when I just want a cup. Fuck Keurigs.

>Wake up
>Turn on water kettle
>Put 20g of freshly ground beans in my aeropress
>Bloom
>Add more water
>Stir
>Wait a minute
>Plunge it
>Dilute water from kettle
>Rinse and repeat

consuming refined sugar is degenerate to be honest

r u a lexington fag or a louisville fag

Spiced coffee is a really nice occasional treat. Your mix sounds great. I like making some with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Sort of pseudo-chai.

turks make great coffee!

Any tips for getting a good cup of coffee from a pour over? Should I be stirring it at all? It feels like I should be stirring it.

I bought one with very little research into the subject so I'm kind of learning as I go.

As a side note there's quite a few videos on the subject where the guy doing it is wearing a funny hat.

Should I be buying a silly hat?

I just bought three from the store, I got a problem. I did find a much cheaper store though.

>How does Veeky Forums like their coffee?

The opposite of how I like my neighbors: black

which one do you have?

I believe it's called the bodium something-or-other. It's got a stainless steel-like mesh dealy on it so I don't have to worry about all that filter business.

I got the black colored one if that helps.

I like to order from roasters who are fairly close to me. Little amps in Harrisburg and reanimator coffee in philly are my favorites to buy coffee from. I brew at home in a v60 usually.

don't know nothing about that sorry

>tfw I have been drinking dunkin cold brew all week

one of you elitist tell me which grounded coffee to order from Amazon. I like mine with a bit of sugar.

for you i recommend buying k cups in bulk and emptying them into a container

Aeropress is great

I inject it directly into my scrotum two or three times a day.

I run water through a keurig, use it in my french press, and drink it black.

Requires a $600 machine

that must be false advertising. surely you can't get that much crema from a fucking pod.

i'm telling!

Just made some aeropress.
Wew lads that's some good shit

Personally, I just have a relatively inexpensive burr grinder and a French press. It's an easy way to get decent coffee at home. If I want espresso I just go to a coffee shop.

And I'm certainly not above a cheapass drip machine or cowboy coffee, either, but that's a totally different ritual.

I've never had a frappe that wasn't shit. I'd much rather have a good, cold-brewed iced coffee.

home brewed in a pot, usually, then wait for it to cool and drink straight up. no baby bullshit here, just honest black coffee.
I usually get mine, when I'm out, at Kahwa Coffee. Local chain.

R U ME

preferred coffee: Costco Columbian coffee by coffee maker
preferred style of coffee: black and bitter like my soul
>fuck sugar
>fuck milk
>fuck cream

A dab of cream in good coffee is like a dab of olive oil on a good mozzarella. If you don't like it, you don't respect your mouth

>Coffee in cup
>Boiling water in cup
>Stir
Aand it's done

Got a bag of this right now, really good stuff. Bought it at the source, even met the Luwaks that shit the beans out

Tried cold brewing some time ago. If I hadn't made it myself, I probably would've thought it came from a can or pic.

Was kind of fun though. Rigging up contraptions that would drip a few times per minute, and modifying it so the water would be more evenly distributed over the grounds and such. Need to try it again some time.

>costco
>no cream, sugar, or milk
Someone is lying to himself about liking coffee. I suggest you spare yourself the trouble and drink instant, inb4 some britbong says no you should totally get starbucks wealthy patrician coffee

Drinking Colombian San Jose Pedregal from an aeropress this morning, 8/10 would probably buy again

I don't really do the "best coffee ever tasted" thing, I get bored easily no matter how good it is

Long black 2bh

Only if the beans are good tho

At home i usually drink french press. My sister has an aeropress and a pourover thingy though, i should try those.
At work i'll usually make an americano or a cortado.

Be bros and post the ratios of said spice ingredients for us trying this at home.

Also, what do you think of coconut cream? I hear its what viets use.

My somali neighbors make that turk shit and the whole hallway smells like the building is burning down. Literally trash.

Why?

The crema is suprisingly good desu.

saw a bialetti french press in the supermarket, is it any good?

Cold brew is objectively the best kind of coffee. Less acidic, the unique flavors come out more, delicious. I like to drink straight concentrate but anything higher than a 2:1 ratio is also acceptable. Sometimes milk, sometimes not.

Pro tip: eat a chocolate chip cookie and cold brew cut with whole milk instead of water. when the chocolate from the cookie melts on your tongue take a sip of coffee. magical bliss

Coffee in cup
Fill up with milk and stir well
Maybe a little bit of sugar, brown of course, won't need a lot because a little goes a long way in these.

Microwave for 2 minutes.
And that's a Mongolian.

Before I thought I should make coffee with pic related.

But now I'm hearing about cold brewing. What makes cold brewing good in comparison to the contraption I posted?

Got my order from happy mug in.

>Enchanting India (med/dark roast)
>Ethiopia natural processed
>costa rica honey processed
>Uninhibited Malawi
Samples.

>Gentle bear blend
>Kenyan AA
1/2 pound each.

Burr grinder, french press, water boiler (one that keeps a constant temp of 208)

>Requires a $600 machine
That's just a plain lie. I have a ~250 USD machine that, while not as good as a professional machine makes, makes a perfectly acceptable shot of espresso.

How much for a bag and can you describe the taste?

One is a tried and trusted brewing method that originated in homeland of espresso and often gets handed down through generations.
The other is a hipster meme.

Help coffee bros.. I can't decide between the Lido 3 or the Lido E/E travel manual grinders.

Both are stepless and have the capability to go espresso comparable to the Precisio and Vario.

Any ideas bros?

I'm going to try cold brew. I read somewhere that it has reduced acidity and is easier on heart burn.

I drink coffee for the coffee not the shit added to it

E-T is the best Lido. It can do everything any of them can.

But it still sucks for espresso. The adjustment mechanism is awful.

Get a feldgrind instead.

moka has highest extraction rate for beans. all that matters really.

>Cold brew... I read somewhere that it has reduced acidity
Literally just 8 posts up: >Cold brew is ... Less acidic

I don't care what you do but summer in your part of the world is almost over (I think) and the people raving about cold brew will soon be raving about the next new way to brew hot coffee that you simply HAVE to buy. And buy. And buy. And buy. And a fool and his money... And buy. And buy...

So you say, but do you really like coscto '''coffee'''? Or have you just convinced yourself that you enjoy it and that drinking it black is the way to go, because you read about black coffee on the internet or something?

There is really nothing wrong with dairy and sugar in coffee, it's a time honored way of making a not-so-good product into something delicious.

When you think about it:
>cream and sugar
...sounds like...
>meme and booger

Sorry for the late reply, but it cost me 125,000 IDR. That's around £5

The taste isn't all that different from the rest of the coffee you get in this area, a faint chocolatey aroma and an earthy taste.

Really excellent coffee, I've actually got about a kilo of the run of the mill stuff too, and that cost half as much as the luwak

>have blood pressure problems
>give up on coffee

It's fine now, but I havent drank coffee in about 3 years

I use a half teaspoon each of ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, with five whole cloves, stirred well into 40 grams of ground coffee. Pourover recommended. It's pretty strong, but it goes nice with milk. To make it more palatable black you can just use a dash of each and 3 cloves.

as a child a fine young woman neighbor offed me some incredible coffee which was cold, sweet, creamy and I can only enjoy coffee like that since .... was it cold brewed, what sort of recipe did she use .... all I recall is that she had travled to europe and shared this treat with me .... I hate the bitch now cause she spoiled me and would love to have some of her coffee again reminder this treat was shared with me close to 33/34 years ago

I completely forgot about that luwak coffee. A rich chinese businessman once offered me the chance to try some but I declined because it sounded stupid.

Thinking back, I'm glad I didn't try it. I'm sure I'll never know what it tastes like personally but I think I'm satisfied with people describing it.

>Try an aeropress for the first time today
>Mfw

>in the fridge
don't do this, it slows down the brewing process
use cold filtered water and leave at room temperature for at least 12 hours

Always with a mocha pot, occasionally do cafe con leche if I'm going to put some effort into breakfast.

any advices for a new moka brewer? there should be a pasta with resources in the op

Like everything that has come out of Indonesia, it fucking sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=rpyBYuu-wJI

I always brewed it with cold water and only washed my pot with water so the oil from previous brewings would prevent the coffee to have a steel flavour. Guess I'll try what this guy says and see if it turns out to be true. Thanks by the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=_ztynDwHoYc