Why do normies like sushi so much?

Why do normies like sushi so much?

everyone likes sushi

>yet another quality thread sent from my iphone

It's similar to the rare steaks from Outback thing. They're told that it's 'classy' to like it, so they go out of their way to 'develop a taste' for it even though, let's face it, what they pretend to enjoy is really quite unpleasant to eat.

The problem is most people have never had good sushi, and yet, look how popular it is. Sure, SOME people have a genuine appreciation for sushi (me, for instance).

But ask your average uncultured fear-gripped carnist their favorite sushi and they will inevitably say 'unagi', which reveals a hidden truth: they liked the thing that came out of a plastic bag, that was already cooked, and slathered in BBQ sauce, because they didn't like the rest. Because it wasn't good. But the fact that it has a Japanese-sounding name makes it ok to say they liked the pre-cooked packaged BBQ fish more than the shit-tier garbage fish on the rest of the plate.

I posted it from your mom's phone, faggot.

Half the people I meet say shit like "Yuck! raw fish, ew! I'll have some california rolls LOL."

Maybe it's different where you live, but sushi is not popular here.

Because you're so fucking smart. Because you just get it man. Those normies are sleepwalking through a haze of sushi and Sriracha and avocados, but NOT you man. You're wide awake and you know the only reason a simple meal of fish and rice would be widely considered good is because they're all just dumb sheep. But not you man, not you...

What happens if we eat at Japanese Bistros run by actual Nips?

Are we still plebs or what? Shit tastes good senpai.

>Maybe it's different where you live, but sushi is not popular here.

Flyovers, when will they learn?

This.

/thread

But Eel is good.

The fedora is strong with this tripfag

I live in Georgia senpai.

People are just afraid to try things that aren't sizzling in fat & butter.

/faden

>Sure, SOME people have a genuine appreciation for sushi (me, for instance).
Typical self-absorbed tripfaggot.
>Shitting on unagi
Unagi is delicious. Looking down on it because it's cooked and has sauce on it, because you think this somehow degrades its value as a sophisticated dish, makes YOU uncultured, not those that enjoy it.

Maybe because flyover states don't have access to fresh, safe, seafood. Let's face it, there is a reason that people don't eat walleye as sushi.

>go out to sushi with family
>get myself sea urchin, squid and scallops as they're my favorites
>everyone else gets tempura'd shrimp rolls or whatever

Eel is delicious though desu senpai.

wtf you're a faggot

sushi is liked so much because it's good

personally I eat mall sushi errday. I get the stylewhere it's rolled in a cylinder then sliced. I get the slamon and avacado for 4 pieces and fired chicked with some vegetabes for the other

brown rice

and I slather it in soy saue and pink died ginger

I lover it

I've even been to japan and had their sushi it's not much different just way bigger fish to rice ratio

sushi is a cheap nutritious meal

yum yum

I like sushi but I am too paranoid to eat it anymore. Even without raw fish because who knows if the cook actually follows hygiene properly.

i fucking love crab meat and wasabi and whatever sweet sauce they give you to dip it in so you can't taste anything

Found the imbecile. The comparison that people like sushi to be cool, compare it to why people order meat rare, and then pretend you're one of the elite select few that could enjoy sushi because unlike the normals you are better and more refined, unfortunately to the educated, you are overtly idiotic and ignorant with the first statement. Learn to google, human.

>6 years ago, avocado was abnormal on sushi joints
>fast forward to today
>hardly find a roll without that fucking mushy shit