"my physics/math degree is harder than your engineering degree!"

>"my physics/math degree is harder than your engineering degree!"

When will this meme die?

When physics/math majors get decent jobs out of college and no longer feel insecure about their choice of major. So never.

/thread

>they work outside of the field they studied for 4 years
cuck-tier

>physics/math majors get decent jobs out of college
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>My thing is better than your thing
When will it stop?

That's a nice fantasy, but we're talking about reality.

he was literally saying that physics/math majors never get decent jobs and that the meme will never die because they're always buttblasted and insecure about their shit major, user.

he knows that you fucking retard unless you he also knows that math (can't speak for physfags) has GREAT POTENTIAL gotta make that money in finance baby ;))
where is your god now?

I don't know man, I really think that psychis is the hardest major ever. To each his own I guess.

yeah engineering has rigorous courses similar in difficulty to analysis, topology, measure theory, geometry, abstract algebra etc

the list goes on

math is glorious and there is so much to do, i feel bad for the engineering memesters

can you guys design a new cool refrigerator?

toppest of the keks

physics*
I can't even get the name right.

Engineering is better for the sole reasoning that if we were in a post-apocalyptic scenario where all infrastructure was fucked, engineers would be gods that rebuilt and invented new things and the tradesmen would help them make it on a large scale, while physics and math majors would literally be of no use to anyone, as they are now anyway.

An electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, chemical engineer, civil engineer, industrial engineer, nuclear engineer would be able to build the most sick post-apocalyptic society. we'd have medicine, nuclear plants, buildings, electrical systems. it'd be even better than we are now because there would be no bullshit corporate management or any of that bullshit holding everything back. theoretical people would be 100% useless.

This is just a form of "i'm better than you" honestly I choosed computer science (consider it whatever you want) because you ended it earning more money.

I like science better than enginieering, but I think that its a better choice enginieering because you will have a better job; you have all your free time to learn about science if you want

Keep dreaming

>I like science better than enginieering
>"better"

How can you like something "better"? Are these seriously the morons that go for science instead of engineering? Wow, that really makes sense. These physics/math guys are fucking idiots.

man, you must be fucking mad to have replied like that.

LMAO

REKT

first post best post

BTFO
T
F
O

this post is too much real life, COT DAMN!

Engineering is meme major for people who don't know what they are going to do with their lives, just like business administration. I have yet to see an engineering freshman who actually knows what he/she is studying.
Enjoy your poo in loo major.

>23 replies
>11 posters

>muh physics/math bonner is
>harder than yer engineering bonner
FTFY

Also those in major tend to hate on those who left the major by saying they couldn't handle it when really they just didn't see a future for themselves in their major after they got over the "I'm the next Feynman!! LOL" meme.

When it stops being true.

And technological evolution would stop dead as it is the physicists, chemists and mathematicians that discover the principles that engineers then use to develop new and useful technology.

Speaking as an engineer.

My english is not the best, I meant "more"

Yes, it took me one week thinking about that post and hired 5 experts to help me (4 in the end, one of them died from overusing his brain)

My first question is 'what' engineering?
Civil? Hahahaha!
Chemical? Oooh....

Petroleum and meteorology engineering?
Fuck.

Like any other subject, there's not just one avenue.

Funnily enough, architecture and interior design of all subjects seems to be one of the hardest I've ever seen.
I never saw it coming, and neither will anyone else (it'll be mocked relentlessly by almost everyone) until they see what's involved.

Metallurgical***
Fuck my autocorrect.

>be me
>have BS math degree from 2013
>get job right out of college
>mostly peer review algorithms and implement them in SW
>be yesterday
>first time using math greater than middle school
>catch error in someone's derivative
>tfw I got excited to calculate a derivative on the job
>tfw coworkers justify my math degree for this.

I have a decent job but it's not enough. We need to actually USE the math/physics courses engineers don't take. Only then will we stop feeling insecure.