/smg/ - Stock Market General

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

first

DO YOUR PATRIOTIC DUTY AND BUY YANG

SHORT ALL CHINK ETFS & STOCKS

I bet the Jews did this.

>had to sell wal mart at a loss

Time to buy some undervalued plays. BGFV is undervalued. Need some guns? go to BGFV need a stock that pays a good dividend? Check out BGFV.

fuck China

Jews are odds on paying 1:5

where you the one that bought the "dip"?

Big Five's earnings call was a fucking disaster, nobody is going to buy that shitty stock.

Wow fuck you trump you orange goblin nigger. I was finally in the green getting ready to hit my sell targets.

I'm alright with death now

I'm baghodling 40 shares of BGFV until it covers my broker's fee. It really just doesn't move. >_> I could take the $20 loss but eh it's a small amount either way.

Okay we still need 4 stocks to buy for this week, first replies and I'll buy it

X is money

I bought at 91 so it wasnt that bad, I moved it to the dow for saftey, prob should have done the SP

just made a midsize buy in of GE at 14.02. figure it can only go up over the next 2 months..r-r-r-right?

SVXY

GE is going to get kicked out of the DOW

stay away from GE at all costs no matter what the price

I'm an absolute beginner. How do you guys find what to invest in?

Can we get Obongo and Yellen back now?

follow the memes

Bought both of those

You already had your turn, didn't you have me buy YANG?

$76 DOLLARS REMAINING TO BUY, GIB ME MORE STOCKS

Are these your serious answers?

I did, but do you want to make money or not?

I will sometimes just go onto a trading website and just look at random companies in random sectors, and just check their financial reports and debt to equity, current ratio, etc. Whatever you do, don't buy something suggested from here. Do your research and only visit here to gloat about your gains or laugh at the people who lose big.

Of course not. I buy what I know.

ye

also 3x etfs/etns too

Oy vey the bear is bullish. This is the big one. Get some UVXY before it has to split because it's approaching 10 grand a share.

>Big Five's earnings call was a fucking disaster
but yet it trades sideways while market is tanking.. you must really understand how stocks work

great buy

wow what a fucking wild day

AAXN
X
AOBC
RGR

wild fucking rides
i feel like im at the god damn rodeo

>Says the Big5Guy
I can't even take you seriously

Buy FORD

I just dump whatever's left of my salary into deep OTM SPY calls at the end of the month. Might switch to puts if things keep going the way they do.

Cryptofaggot here. How can you guys even have the audacity to post wojaks over a literal 2% drop? You haven't gotten JUST'd in the slightest.

ugh fine. Current holdings:
YANG
X
SVXY

any others? I'll probably finish the portfolio with JNUG and BGFV

Are you in telepathic communion with the Gods of Market?
Did the Ambien Walrus whisper stock picks to you?
No need to be shy, my man, let it all out.

Is ford /ourstock/?

it's going to take all year to get that back to a 1% gain.

Ford is a great swing stock

Absolutely insane today how can one call this, although i guarantee it's all out trade war, we outproduce leaders in oil now and going for chinks

Most of the gambling degenerates here are balls deep in 3x ETFs, options and microcap meme stocks. Sometimes a combination of all three.

I am 10x levered faggot.

you cryptofags are retarded

so much shit-posting going on

you guys aren't wondering why it's not "tanking" after a "bad earnings" when over half the float is short?? hmmm

can confirm, am balls deep in 3x

we arent poor, 1% is a lot of money

You guys must have the weakest fucking hands, I don't even break a sweat if my shitcoin drops 10%.

They blamed the weather TWICE for their short comings. Can't take the company seriously or anyone that invests in them.

Is it too late to get in on YANG, or is China's economy actually going to crumble?

Shit you not, BGFV is a consistent earner for me

Unlike pump and dump scam coins. trading stock indices involves significant risk of large institutions going the other way on you

I haven't taken position but have been watching since I saw Big5Guy, and it seems like it is a great stock to swing trade.

why are you even using a trip? I understand bigfiveguy and bagholder since their picks are good to short, but what's your purpose?

good, nobody gives a shit. now leave

quads confirm

again.. i don't think you understand how the actual stock works.

Over half the float is short and it didn't tank after a bad earnings...

If you think a stock ALWAYS reflects the company you haven't been in the market long imo

>heNtfIFx
Short NFLX?

CFD?

>It can't go any lower because everyone is already short!

Luckily BGFV is very liquid

Essentially the same thing yeah. Stock index futures.

Finished! This week it's:
AMRS
JNUG
BGFV
YANG
X
SVXY

I'll see you in a week with sick gains

Start by picking a sector (precious metals, battery metals, retail, tech, pharma etc) then start looking at the top stocks for it. Then yolo in high and sell low in Veeky Forums tradition.

capped

>>It can't go any lower because everyone is already short!
that is not what i am saying at all... i can see you don't know what short squeeze is.. continue on with your life.. sorry.. i didn't know i was talking to a newfag.

my purpose is to fuck your mom

>> tfw outperform 'cramers charitable trust'

God, you just scream coinfag

I hope you realize that people thought LEH shorts were going to get squeezed too

Like I said, good thing bgfv isnt levered

deep red KO

Fuck yea

lmao KTOS not even budging

I'm hoping we can beat:
SPY
BRK. B
and the stupid cuck cramer

If a bunch of autists on a mongolian knitting board can beat cramer we are unstoppable

>I hope you realize that people thought LEH shorts were going to get squeezed too
>Like I said, good thing bgfv isnt levered
you basically just pointed out the difference in LEH and BGFV

LEH probably was levered and probably with convertable notes.

BGFV doesn't have any notes to convert to sale to shorts there is no more supply of BGFV stock being put into the market, it is actually getting taken out of the market according to filings...

Big difference when shorting when there is dilution compared to shorting when there is a share buy back in place...

my watchlist is looking bad
fuck it Im buying Pep

It is a shitty company but a good stock
Because its pattern is quite predictable

Power hour lets go GREEN GREEN GREEN

YES
AMY MADE IT TO THE LIST AGAIN

Glad I sold TOPS when it was going down from 0.22 per share.

What is a good penny stock to buy right now?

its down 9% today my guy

Need more burgers.

holy shit

We're mooning boys

I've got a limit order on YANG at $5. Chances it actually happens today and will I make money on it, or am I too late to the game?

China sell off starts at their market open

You should buy it before close

XIVH sell now or hold 1 more day?

SELLING IS OVER! BUY NOW THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BOTTOM BOYS

Anything in aluminum or steel, US based. They're already mooning over Trump's comments.

Duly noted, I'll cancel the order and get in on it

Ford paid dividends today, if you dont buy you will miss your moon mission to 13

I've got some spare divs, gonna jump on YANG meme overnight, fuck it

We rallying back to open?

>>
are you seriously implying that buying pump and dump scamcoins is less riskier than buying stocks

I haven't been on Veeky Forums in like a year; when the fuck did it get so fast? Last time I was here a thread wouldn't hit 100 posts for days