Payscale graph

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/SB122853304793584959
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Makes sense.

So?
If you don't like that then convince people not to watch football.

The amount of money people are willing to pay for sports is just silly

The amount of people who pay for a liberal arts degree is just silly.

This is completely true at my uni.

Pres makes $320k
Deans make $100-200k
Highest paid professors are $70-80k
Most professors make $50-60k
Lecturers make $35-40k

Football coach makes $750k
Basketball coach makes $500k

If uni's are so liberal why the huge male/ female pay gap?

Pfft, this wasn't about that.
I am simply bartering a discussion about payscale difference between the entertainment, and academic feilds.

Women professors teach art history
Male professors teach stem

I would presume they teach different subjects and accept different positions/ responsibilities.

is it? Well too fucking bad there aren't "science competitions" every sunday between teams, with clubs buying scientists who can get in matches with others and display their skill, work in teams to produce something entertaining to see that everyone can understand. Too bad sponsors don't sign multimillion dollar contracts with clubs of scientists to get a spot on their labcoat.

Maybe people would be willing to pay then, and top scientists would have the reward they think they deserve.

The point is that sports are fucking dumb

Philanthropists, entertainers/trainers/managers for such, and war mongers are essentially the top of the top for payscales.

Anything that really matters in life isn't going to make very much money at all.

How many football coaches there are? And how many professors? durr

> how many football coaches are there
> how many stochastic calculus professors are there?

no they're not.
It takes talent, strategy, preparation, execution, shot calling, lots of decision making etc

You're dumb.

>stochastic calculus professors should earn more than philosophy professors

They provide good entertainment and a sense of camaraderie. People are willing to pay to take part. Is this stupid? It doesn't seem any more stupid than paying to see movies.

football coaches bring in a lot more revenue for the school than professors

My senior design advisor made >$300,000/yr. Not sure about my current advisor, but it's six figures.

>Football coach makes $750k
You must have a pretty shitty program.

It's dumb that people are willing to invest so much into something that isn't providing much benefit.

The most expensive tickets to a college football game are about on par with seeing a big name musician live (save something like a championship game, maybe). You can get tickets to most games for like $20, and other sports hardly cost shit to see. It brings in a shit ton of money because there are upwards of 90,000 people attending some games and TV deals for athletic conferences.

Yeah it brings in a shit ton of money, but as we know college sports are mostly self serving and it does nothing to direct interest towards academics.

>college sports are mostly self serving
That's exactly right, which is why college coaches are paid from this athletic budget that wouldn't exist without them. Seems fair to me.

wsj.com/articles/SB122853304793584959

Autism. People like sports, not many people like calculus. Deal with it.

And?

It doesn't seem like pro sports should have anything to do with college

What if I like playing sports and doing calculus, just not watching either?