Does mixology belong to Veeky Forums?

does mixology belong to Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EB2aVzmPxxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you mean mixing plastic bottle vodka and Powerade in your gut, sure

Yes, this is the alcohol(ic) board, but no, we don't take kindly to your fru-fru cocktails.

Mixology is a great way to sell bartender licenses, there is a way to prepare cocktails but the same rule that applies to food also applies to cocktails
>Simple and well executed is better than complex

youtu.be/EB2aVzmPxxM

>mixology
just stop

>mixology
Just abandon thread and save yourself while you still can OP

huhuh edgy

>Paying extortionate sums and waiting 10 minutes for a fucking cocktail

Theres a reason cocktails are marketed towards women and gay men, faggot.

>there are people on Veeky Forums that look down on mixologists for no fucking reason

>mixology

I'd prefer you didn't.

Drink beer or wine like the classy autist you are.

Because a 'mixologist' is essentially a barista but for alcoholic drinks. You can learn everything in a week.

The only place where this career path is even remotely respected is USA because they get a decent wage due to tipping culture. Everywhere else, they're just part time workers or university drop outs.

I didn't expect to have to explain this to anyone, but I'm going to anyway.

Once you have a 'Mixologist' making your drinks for you, expect to pay twice as much for the same fucking thing because some faggot feels entitled to an over exaggerated job title. It's not like they earned a degree to mix fucking beverages. To a lesser extent, the same applies to "sandwich artists".

why Veeky Forums always acts like a silly loser?
do you realize that the perception from here is about persons that never have drunk a single well-crafted cocktail in their whole life?

>i like simple meals for nutrition
>REEEE YOU NEED TO SEASON YOUR SHIT AND PREPARE ELABORATE MEALS. GTFO!!
>i like elaborate cocktails with a mix of ingredients
>JUST DRINK BEER YOU FAGGOT

yes. now start posting some cocktail stuff

you do need to season your shit though Veeky Forums you fucking meathead.

>well-crafted cocktail
>2000+16
>believing this is a thing
>shiggy

You get a glass. You add ice. You pour in alcohol. You cover it with a beverage.

Was that so hard? How can that be "well-crafted"?

You are a FUCKING IDIOT.

fite me irl. i can take u!

wow cool it, you shitlord.
obviously with your comment you haven't done anything but give me reason.

I own the death and company book and go to craft cocktail bars in major cities and it's a fun thing to experience even if it's a little silly and pretentious. Some of the mixologists are pretty good at making drinks and a lot of craft cocktails are delicious, and the neo-spekeasies are oftentimes rather pleasent places to take a date or have a conversation with a friend.

Like sure they look like hipster douches but getting mad at that is a pointless endeavor. But it's totally unsurprising a board that asks what the thinking man's soda is or spams jack threads would hate people actually liking things that are slightly above the baseline.

Your rum and coke isn't a cocktail, dumshit, it's a mixed drink.

Order a martini from a bar that knows what it's doing and order a martini from a shitty bar tender using the exact same liquors. If you can't tell a well crafted drink from one made by someone who doesn't know what they are doing you deserve to be drinking crap.