I live in a country where it is going into summer, and I know Americans know how to get their grill on good

I live in a country where it is going into summer, and I know Americans know how to get their grill on good.

I'm going to a barbeque, with people I don't know very well, but I want to make a good impression and bring some food that's good, but not trying too hard.

Does anyone have some good barbeque recipes, preferably for a salad or something? I was thinking about bringing some sort of side dish and a packet of sausages.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Americans know how to get their grill on good.
But Americans use a frying pan to make grilled cheese.

I was just trying to praise them so I'd get help, I know they like that

I see. Sorry. Enjoy this free bump as a token of newfound friendship.

>Does anyone have some good barbeque recipes, preferably for a salad or something?

Nig, do you know what bbq is ?

Potato salad. Boil waxy potatoes then cool them. After they're cooled dice the potatoes and add mayonnaise, mustard, chive, red pepper, red onion, and rosemary. Season to your own preference. Simple salad I do for grilling.

Good beer sausages:

Cook the sausages on low, rolling a lot, until they've just started to burst.

In the meantime, melt a stick of butter in a disposable aluminum pan. Throw in an onion and a bunch of garlic to fry. Also season heavily with things like black pepper, or even go dehyrdated garlic and onion along with it.

When the onions and garlic are good, pour in beer. Put the sausages in there. It originally is a method for saving them on the grill without drying them out, but it just imparts so much flavor.

Before serving, take it out of the beer and dry it on the grill. Serve on a toasted bun, and some onions that you've fished out with a slotted spoon.

Yeah that's the kind of thing I was going for
Thanks man
Is that too over the top though?

How would I transport this haha

Potato salad is a staple side dish at most cookouts. It's not over the top at all. What country are you in?

burn all the food until it is black like charcoal and enjoy with ranch dipping sauce.

You said you were going to a barbecue? Maybe this is lost in translation, but do it on the grill.

I don't want to do any actual cooking I want to bring the food and then get drunk

No you're right I was just wondering because I don't know them well but potato salad is probably perfect

Make coleslaw, cabbage and carrots, but instead of mayo use julliene pear or apple, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and lots of grated ginger.

Fresh af mane. Real good with lots of fatty meat, and keeps well.

this sounds fucking delicious and it's unique too so very unlikely someone else will bring the same thing

In that case, bring beer. No one will complain.

whenever i go to something like this i just bring a box of store bought brownies. everybody likes them and you can buy the assorted box with like 3 different kinds

Usually barbecues lack sausages and hot dogs.
I mean, they're there, but since they're everyone's favourites, they disappear in a minute.
So either bring some more of them or cold beer

>But Americans use a frying pan to make grilled cheese.

Not all of us

youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY

throw some different shit into tin foil, add some fuckign whatever thatd taste good, seal it up, throw it on the barbie.

make enough of these and at least oen will turn out good.

tin foil saves lives. barbie is for the lazy. last thing you want is people fuckign with your food, so just bring your tin foil balls of delish, tell youll place it on the grill, tell them not to touch it for X amount of time, go munch, come back.

if it turns out bad, blame the grill master. at least you tried.
the onyl way to get good barbeque is to cook it yourself.

Beer brats are a good idea, boil brats in beer (like Budweiser), grill, serve with yellow mustard and minced white onion. Slaw, my recipe: thinly sliced red cabbage, red onion, shredded carrot, thinly sliced fennel bulb, fronds for garnish, s&p, white vinegar, 2/3 sour cream, 1/3 mayo. Can't go wrong with a tater salad (prefer German myself), or some deviled eggs either.

Grilled peaches with a little bit of cinnamon sugar for dessert

Forgot the sweet (usually sugar) and acidity (usually white vinegar).
I'd say lighter herbs like dill would be better suited, but Rosemary is a good option if you're adding cherry tomatoes n whatnot.

OP doesn't seem all that interested in cooking, so just buy some sausages at a reputable butcher and be on your way