Fucking vegetarians

Yo, im having about 15 people over for making wontons together tomorrow.
My plan was to just do a gigantic batch of porkfilling and make everyone fold them into premade dough, like a wonton-gulag with me beeing stalin.
Ill make a huge batch of sauce today and basically wanted to not have to do any real work tomorrow. Now the problem is that 2 girls are vegetarian and 2 guys are sandniggers, so i basically need one good veg filling and maybe, if i feel generous, ill do one with veal.
Anybody got decent, tested and approved veg fillings? I was thinking either mushrooms (king oyster mushrooms maybe? Fresh shiitake unavailable here) or springonion+radish, but i have no idea if these fillings could hold a decent amount of seasoning. Thanks for the input cucks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They don't like it, they don't have to come

How you cooking them OP?

Do some ginger, some chives or scallions, some carrots, mushrooms, and tofu. pretty good

Egg and scallions is a vegetarian filling used in dumplings sometimes. Try that

Literally just say, "too fuckin bad"

Not for me, I'm a vegan.

What else can you make for me?

A glass of water.

A foot up your ass

What this guy said.

Vegetarians are easier to deal with than vegans because they can eat dairy, so get cookin' those eggs!

Just make a massive pork batch and divide it into three parts. Just tell the vegans it's mock tofu meat and tell the sandniggers it's halal veal.
They won't know the difference.

It would be easier just to tell the sand niggers it's mock meat too

i will boil them since my bamboo steamers are far too small for this many people.
Ive read something like what you suggested online, but i personally cant really imagine carrots and tofu in dumplings so i thought about taking a more simplistic approach
>king oyster minced, scallions minced,shaoxing wine,soy,sugar,salt,,sesame oil,ginger
you think the tofu will be necessary to soak up the liquid seasonings?

im too much of a whiteknight to do that, also it wont work since i want them to fold it.

how is that supposed to work? lightly scramble the egg before filling? That sounds like its a really volatile filling

Shredded cabbage, carrots and mushroom. Fry them first to remove water content

why are you hanging out with vegetarians and sand niggers in the first place?

im a legit vegan towelhead and I suggest adding chickpeas, buy some hummus too. mushrooms are yummy, and if you want stop by the supermarket and buy some veg meat (its not hard to find)

Soy mince, scallions, small lengths of cellophane noodles, diced shiitake, finely chopped jicama/water chestnuts, and season

this is what they put in korean veggie dumplings

Cooking vegetarian fillings is super easy?

You could literally substitute meat for potatoes if you have no better idea, even if that's not entirely Asian.

But eh, just fill with random veggies and mushrooms, most of which you probably already have prepared for your meat fillings.

> but i have no idea if these fillings could hold a decent amount of seasoning
Yes, they do. You'll get better at making food if you primarily season the vegetarian parts of your dishes anyhow.

[Meat seasoning is not terribly interesting in most instances.]

Diced Kimchi and tofu with scallions make a great dumpling filling

If you go to a vegans house, they don't serve meat for you. You serve, what you eat.

should have clarified as in
>liquid seasoning
since ive done soupdumplings ive become kinda paranoid about leaking dunmplings.
Im an experienced cook,also with vegetarian dishes, excluding everything involving dough, i have to pretty much follow recipes there. Since i didnt find any decent fillings online i thought id just ask for inspiration.
water chestnuts sound like a nice addition for texture, though they are very hard to find where i live (/very expensive)
thanks for the advice but i dont intend on going for an arab filling of any sort.
Also i already made the sauce for the dumplings just now(roast sichuanpepper+chilies,added hot oil, added garlic+soysauce+chinkiang vinegar+sugar+sesameoil, like the pic in the op), with chinkiangvinegar+ginger+soy being the alternative if someone cant handle that much chili. So the sauce pretty much dictates a kinda simplistic chinese filling

I don't even know 15 different people...is this a work thing, OP?

ah well, i guess i like my childhood friends enough that i can tolerate a handful becoming vegetarian. Also sandniggers are pretty chill where i live, mostly 2nd/3rd generation in the country and nice people

nope, my friends and i meet for this kind of larger gathering every couple weeks.
Also most are in a relationship right now, so it adds up pretty fast + my gf (*before you r9k post substitute "gf" with "roommate") brings some 2

>because they can eat dairy, so get cookin' those eggs!
>dairy
>eggs

this is what you should do OP
youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

Make a really half assed salad and go out of your way to make it look the least appealing you can

I'm a vegan Muslim buy me expensive hummus and mushrooms.
A raw onion should be enough, if you want anything better you should bring it yourself

dried shiitake mushrooms (soak them in water and you use the water as broth)
shiitake mushrooms gives a nice meaty umammi flavour
tofu (semi hard) absorbs the surrounding ingredients and gives a nice texture
ginger gives a tang
sugar
soy sauce
chives (texture, taste)
you can use soya chunks (see image)
you can find it in indian or pakistani stores.
it gives a nice chewy texture. (soak it in water.)

Go to asian store and get some fake meat out of their freezer. Dilute with shredded cabbage.

i always thought those chunks were smth like fried tofu,lucky i got some left over from hotpot. i actually got evth you named at home besides the tofu, thanks a lot for the advice shabrony.Since i picked up some king oyster mushrooms in the store ill use those along with the shitake and fry them off first (thanks other user).

Keep it East Asian if you already made the sauce. Cabbage, scallions, shallots, soy sauce, ginger, maybe mushrooms and then potato starch or tofu or rice noodle for filler. Spicy if you want.