Trivial

On average, I eat one apple an hour. If I wait 3 hours, what is the chance I have eaten 3 apples?

None, because you were waiting and not eating apples.

You understand what I meant, however.

It was obvious af nigga

I meant that ammount of time has passed, not that I wasn't eating any apples during that time.

How do you know that you weren't not eating apples during that time? Were you watching?

I forgot. That is why I am asking you guys.

How many apples did you have available at the start of the three hour period?

0.224 assuming it fits a Poisson distribution
Don't worry it's a weirdly set out question anyway

Also: do you want to know whether you have eaten exactly three apples, or at least three apples?

I thought it was 100% because I eat one apple per an hour?

Exactly 3.

Key word is on average. Let's say I eat 24 apples in one hour and none in the other 23 hours of a day. I average 1 apple an hour for a day but I am more likely to have had no apples in any given hour.

Pretty sure you average one twenty fourth of one dude.

>I thought it was 100% because I eat one apple per an hour?

You said on average.

If in an hour you eat 2 apples, then in the next one you one apple and in the next one eat none then you have eaten 3 apples in 3 hours so in average you eat 1 apple an hour but in reality you ate 2 , then 1 and then none.

Are you too stupid to even understand your own construction?

Are you too stupid to understand inferential statistics?

I used the 3 hour example for simplicity but because you claim that it is 100% then it is so easy construct a counter example.

In the entire day you ate 24 apples, on average 1 apple per hour, assuming a 24 hour day.

The process was that you are no apples for 23 hours and then at the 24th apples your autism kicked in and you ate 24 apples.

Then from say 7PM to 10 PM you ate 0 apples, which contradicts your 100% retarded guess.

But there is a 100% chance I ate 24 apples in that day.

If you had said you eat one apple per hour FULL STOP, then after X hours you have a 100% chance of eating X apples.
However you said AVERAGE, which implies there are some hours in which you eat no apples, or more than one, leading to a non 100% chance of eating X apples in X hours
Honestly if you're not underage you should know better tbqh familia

>If I wait 3 hours, what is the chance I have eaten 3 apples?

But that is not a chance, that is just that you did. I am not describing a possibility, I am describe one of the possible situations that comes from your 'every hour' statement.

That is like saying that I just took a shit so I have a 100% chance of having just taken a shit. It makes no sense to say it like that.

Plus, your question was just after 3 hours, not 24 hours.

I am now sure that you do not even comprehend the nature of the question you are asking. Back to /b/ my friend.

Ok you're fucking retarded.

What's the standard deviation of your average apple consumption?

How hungry were you?

How many minutes does it take you to eat an apple, and do you always eat apples without pause once you begin to eat?

What kind of apples do you have? Pixo rosso?

>Replying mutiple times
What, are you taking highschool statistics?

Pretty sure that's all irrelevant

Your question should specify "median" as the type of average for your interpretation to be correct. If it's a mean, then it only means you eat 24 apples in a 24 hr period.

I meant the mean average.

Sure you did, Einstein.

Say what you mean.

/thread