What are the essential numerical methods?

What are the essential numerical methods?

Adding and multiplying.

For what? Integration? 1d or 2d? Matrix inversion? Stochastic diff eq?

you forgot dividing

Dividing is done with additions and multiplications.

Multiplying is done with adding...?

No

u wot m8

>Implying all numbers are integers

why do people insist that multiplication on naturals is enough to show multiplication of general numbers

>he's never constructed the real and rational fields from the naturals

ODEs:
>Runge Kutta (ODE45 in matlab)
>Linear multistep methods
>Variable order multistep methods (ODE15s in matlab)

PDEs:
>FTCS
>Finite element method (for boundary value problems)

Integrals:
>Gauss-Legendre quadrature
>Cubic splines
>Simpson's method
>Trapezoid method

Polynomial fitting:
>Lagrange basis polynomials

Because you count anything with the naturals, dumbass. It doesn't matter how many meta-theories you make- they are all built on your ability to count which will always refer to the naturals. It's not even about them being "the naturals", which makes you think it's "a construction". No, counting isn't "a construction" just like being able to perceive the boundaries between objects isn't "a construction". If you think otherwise you're probably an insane Jew from the 19th century. I don't care if you give them all new symbols. Even given the sequence of A < derp < 000000 < dudsaf < 22 < blue < unicorns < Sunday

This is why there is anti-semitism in the world. Jews have significantly higher rates of schizophrenia, poor to no depth-perception and all of the confidence in the world to not care how destructive and nonsensical their ideas are. Add in the fact that they've been persecuted since their inception, generations of inbreeding, dominant OCD traits, worshiping repetition and reading, selects for depressed, nihilistic, detached, near-sighted people who think everything is flat, meaningless and without order- mix in the stubbornness of religious populations in general, their higher literacy rates but lower visual-spatial reasoning and you have a recipe for outspoken, literate people who are confident that they know that they don't know anything and everyone else must not know anything too because this book said so and the book is always right because we're literally from a big tribe of book worshipers and look down on people who use their senses to learn about the world. All hail the book! The greatest irony of all is that the most recent generation of atheists all worship the ideas of these lunatics, and treat their words as gospel, all while deriding people for being religious! Tragic! It's going to be fun to sit back and watch the world burn.

is this bait

Taylor series, you can't go far wrong with a Taylor series (provided you can hold an arbitrarily large number of terms).

Someone's got Jewish parents...

Rule Nr: 3
Stay in your containment board.

is for braindead nazis like you.

Reminder that the people who do this are newfaggots from reddit or some other libsite

Or they have basic literacy and read the top of any board.

Veeky Forums is a right wing website
with free speech

>My idiotic ramblings Shall. Not. Be. Infringed!"

> Veeky Forums
> right wing
Now who's the newfag?
Were you here during Bush's presidency?
Veeky Forums is a contrarian website

>look down on people who use their senses to learn about the world.

Yeah, like my sense to abstract other people's thoughts through symbolism, to experience them myself, and evaluate them to further expand my consciousness. Also known as: reading a fucking book.

SHUT UP! IT'S NOT TRUE! NOOO!!!

>t. reddit

Can't take a joke there jew-boy? Jesus man, I'm jewish- I'm allowed to crack as many jokes as I want about jews. You do realize most of the anti-semitism on this board is just jews making fun of anti-semites, right? There are too many different types of jews to narrow them down to just, "near-sighted pseudo-atheististic book worshippers", even if that DID characterize a subset of their population in certain regions of poland, germany and russia during the last ~700 years (?).

It is. Don't worry friend. I'm working through "On a Property of the Collection of All Real Algebraic Numbers". It's teaching me how to count to infinity... and then past it...

:^)