Trying to wrap my head around this:

trying to wrap my head around this:

why would a person prefer eating fast/casual chain food five times a week or more to going somewhere nice with interesting food once a week?

Probably because they need/want to eat something every day, and they'd rather not cook for themselves or eat really cheap stuff on the other days.

Going to an actual restaurant alone feels weird.

More for your money. Say you go to a restaurant and spend $30 on a meal. It's really good, but it's only one meal. On the other hand that same $30 can buy you five times more meals. Everyone needs to eat but not everyone can afford the best there is every day

This, and some people would rather worry about fewer meals multiple times a week than enjoy a nice meal once a week

but wouldn't it be more practical to eat at home most of the time and get the best there is sparsely? and healthier?

Sure. But a lot of people don't want to eat at home or pack a lunch to take with them.

>eat at home
Theres nothing to eat at my house and I dont have a personal chef.

People are creatures of habit and often misguided in what constitutes good value

>I dont have a personal chef

Nigga you are your own personal chef with the added benefit of know exactly how you like things

Why not both though? I eat fast casual sometimes when I'm in a hurry because I know exactly how long the line will be. I eat real food when I have a bit more time.

The problem is fast food is usually cheaper to purchase than all the things you need to cook one yourself at home. It's quicker, it's cheaper, it's all around easier. Given the choice between the lazy option or the better option 90% of peoplet will choose the lazy option

>usually cheaper to purchase than all the things you need to cook one yourself at home.

Not even close.
Easier? sure. Fast food is certainly easier. But it's not even close to being cheaper.

>Reply
some places simply do not have any local nice places to eat. you either enjoy the social fast food atmosphere of your small town, or you cook at home.

t. someone who lived in the boonies for a bit

Not even close to being cheaper.
I'm taking the expensive-lazy route and buying most everything in cans and it's still no more than $5 a day to make some varied fun meals.
If you don't mind some kitchen prep time you can do even better.
It's a lot healthier, and I still go out every now and then and spoil myself with something new.

Not everyone has the same idea of "interesting food"

What do you consider interesting?

Clearly different people have different preferences but I don't see how that invalidates the question.

I would puke just looking at that crap.

Ive watched too much Kitchen Nightmares

I dont trust restaurants at all anymore.
I just learn to cook whatever dish takes my fancy at home instead.

Why?

Looks nasty, must smell nasty. I'll take a good ole burger any day.

You've never had decent mackerel? Sorry, dude.

No, I don't care for fish at all. I'm a beef guy all the way. Chicken is ok once in a while, but I still prefer beef.

I'm really thin and never gain weight, no matter what I eat.

>I'm really thin and never gain weight, no matter what I eat.
Nope. You are an undereater. You are unlikely to be so inefficient not to store energy.

Good, please don't eat any fish. More for me.

we dont take kindly to picky eaters around here

Figures. I see that most posters have no taste. They all seem to eat rice and chicken.

I enjoy the real taste of a good roast, a hamburger, hot dog, breaded veal, etc.

I like the taste of meat itself, not slathered with a bunch of spices and sauces.

Hot dogs are shit.

Spicing meat properly adds to its flavor.

>why would a person prefer eating fast/casual chain food five times a week or more to going somewhere nice with interesting food once a week?
They want to eat food without bumping into you

Are you literally this stereotype?

I've never tasted anything that adds to flavor, it just covers up the natural taste.

I don't think so. Grilled hot dogs are the best, though.

If you're vegetarian...