$15 a week on food

Hello Veeky Forums
I have a small problem. I have to survive on $10 dollars a week for food. I do not want to become malnourished or hungry. Can Veeky Forums give me suggestions on what to buy to sustain myself for the next 2 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ndXjQKyLaUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy some rice lad

Food stamps.
/Thread

I don't want to become malnourished. I need all the nutrients like protein and shit

I live in the UK and the government are not giving me benefit because i don't work because i'm in university

Get a job? Christ man.

Why cant you get a part time job?

I'll get a part time job. Thank you Veeky Forums

>I'll get a part time job. Thank you Veeky Forums

Any time.

dry beans are stupid cheap and have dem protons and fiber

How fast can you run?

OP whats the nearest store that youll eb shopping at? do you have coupons in the UK btw? I can make you a plan if you want.

Go to Asda and their reduced section. Their reduced codes are really easy to hack (unlike Tesco's which I haven't figured out). You should be able to see that the price directly correlates to the barcode. Manually put in the food so it's only a few pence. I've got my grocery shopping down to £20 a month now with a combination of this and just cheap shopping.

the answer is get a garden, my nig

That picture makes me sad

Buy a gun and go hunting, buy rice and flour etc. Grow vegetables/fruit if you can, otherwise just buy them.

There is a world of food outside of the grocery store lad.

>I have to survive on $10 dollars a week for food
no problem, just buy lots of rice beans noodles oats lentils and make sure to ..
>what to buy to sustain myself for the next 2 years
>2 years

>$10 dollars a week
>2 years

>t w o
>y e a r s

>t e n
>d o l l a r s

NOT HAPPENING M80. You can survive on that budget for weeks, maybe months, but not two years.
you WILL get deficiencies

>cant afford food
>can afford a garden
in what world are you living, m8?

buy some cheap store brsand multivitamins, get yourself a big ole bag of beans, rice, and some frozen veggies, like brocolli (somehting with a high amount of fiber).

strap in, and use whatevers left for extras, be it prices, salt, pepper, or munchies. save what you can, maybe once a month, treat yo self to some alcohol or weed.

the multivitamins will be your saving grace, but fuck will you be tired of that food. i say to save whatever you have left at the end of every week and start thinking about other foods youd like. stay here and make a general thread about keeping you alive. at the very least, you can be like matt damon in the martian and we can keep you alive remotely.

do you have a name?

youtube.com/watch?v=ndXjQKyLaUc
theres enough an extra 3 bucks left in your budget for multivitamins or sweets, whatever you want that week.

But frozen veggies. But lentils, beans, rice and all that shit. And pick up dumpster diving.

Untrue.

$10 and a week is too short a time and too little money to plan for, but that's a little over $43.25 monthly, so I'll do that, instead.

$03.49 for 10lbs rice (Aldi)
$01.75 for 1400g pasta
>sold in 200g packs at 25¢ each (Save-A-Lot)
$01.88 for 2 quarts skim milk
>sold in 1 quart bottles at 89¢ each (Save-A-Lot)
$07.60 for 2 gallons wholemilk
>sold in 1 gallon jugs at $3.80 each (state minimum)
$01.99 for 1lb butter (most discount stores)
$01.00 for 2lbs sugar (dollar stores)
$01.99 for 1 can maxwell house french roast (most stores with sale+coupon)
$03.49 for 10lbs frozen chicken quarters (Save-A-Lot)
$01.00 for 1lb beans (dollar store)
$00.50 for 1 head garlic (shop at my corner)
$04.47 for 9lbs onion
>sold in 3lb sacks for $1.49 each (just about anywhere)
$02.98 for 2 boxes stock cubes (anywhere)
$11.11 for various discount veg and shit (wherever I can find them)
______
$43.25

That provides 32 rice pudding/porridge breakfasts with milk, butter and sugar, 33 cups of coffee with sugar and milk, 26 chicken meals with rice or pasta, 8 bean meals with rice or pasta and 30 veg-heavy meals with rice or pasta. I can get veg super cheap at this one Chinese supermarket. They sell 3lb bags of veg for $1 each. Usually, it's all perfectly fine or just a small bit of it is bad. The most I've ever had to throw away from one of those bags was half a bag of yardlong beans, but that's still under 67¢/lb for fresh veg.
Another store, a chain supermarket, has a good discount produce section, too. 69¢-$1 per package.
I've gotten all sorts of things. Beetroot. Carrots. Broccoli. Cabbages. Brussels sprouts. Tomatoes. Fingerling potatoes. Corn. Zucchini. Green beans. Bell peppers. Ubi. Bitter melon. Eggplants. And many, many, many more. Also fruits.
Since I'm not gonna go through all that in a month, a little food's leftover that rolls into the next month, thereby saving a little money to spend on additional foods starting month 2.

oh look its the rice pudding user. love ur work.

>rice pudding user
I just copied and pasted the post from the last $10 a week thread which is still in the fucking archive.
$10 USD/wk is difficult, sure, but according to that list, it's clearly doable if you plan your shit well.

lmao buy canned shit on sale

i survived with $7 dollars each week for 4.5 years.

Just buy canned shit that has meat and veggies.

And some rice and maybe bread if you can buy the bread straight out of the oven

the woman hes cooking with makes me upset

1st of all, food is much more expensive in most places (that many eggs and oranges for 2 dollars, yeah right)
2nd of all, they didnt even calculate the calories per day. But I suspect it's around 1500, maybe under that.

FOR MOST PEOPLE THIS IS STARVATION AMOUNTS OF CALORIES EVEN IF YOU DO NOTHING BUT LIE IN BED ALL DAY

Im moderately big (1.97 meters) and do some sports, but nothing crazy. Im skinny and I consistenly eat 3000 calories a day.

that video is complete and utter horseshit and obviously made by spoiled middleclass brats who never actually had to survive on very little money for food. Because if they had they would know that first thing you ditch the lettuce (0 calories but very expensive) and basically only buy rice

Rice and beans lad, you'll have to get some vitamin supplements probably. Ask your doctor.