ITT: God tier pure math books

ITT: God tier pure math books

Other urls found in this thread:

math-blog.com/mathematics-books/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best book on Complex AG here. Screw G&H.

bump

This is a pretty good resource for textbook recommendations

math-blog.com/mathematics-books/

Anyone know a good cell bio textbook? Sick of MoBio of the Cell's inane bullshit. The only good chapters are the ones on microscopy and organelles.

I still can't tell if Rudin is consiered a bad or good textbook. Using 'Principles of Mathematical Analysis' for Real Anal next semester.

One my favorites

this is a pure math books thread?

>bullshit
We talking Alberts/Johnson/Lewis? That book is god tier. Explain yourself, user.

Rudin is just a slugfest, you'll learn but you'll be rereading a lot. A lot of the problems are convoluted and don't offer much for it.

Rudin is extremely divisive. Some people think it's the bible, some people want it burned. Almost everyone has a strong opinion one way or the other.

It's undoubtedly the most painful book you'll ever read in undergraduate math.

pic unrelated to the rest of the post, but not to the thread

pic not related
I would like to read god-tier book in statistics. Statistics are pure math, right?

I had that book for class. Sad to say many things were glossed over, but I can say this book is lovely and it's size is adorable, like a pocketbook

yeah this is a pretty excellent introduction.

Thanks brehs.

honestly you will come out of rudin in excruciating pain but knowing the material backwards and forwards.

also you will need to unlearn writing like him, since in any other context besides "textbook for masochists" brutalizing your readers actually indicates bad style.

bump for interest

Would you recommend his exercises? I find them overly convoluted and giving serious diminishing returns.

Casella or Wasserman