Thoughts on the fillet of fish?

Thoughts on the fillet of fish?
I've never had one but the sauce scares me.

I prefer the mc chicken.

tartar sauce?

like the sauce that is literally just mayo and relish?

It's decent and a good deal with 2 for $5

Is that Tammy Scalfani?

Loved them as a kid.
Haven't had one in years. Afraid to ruin the nostalgia.

Can I fuck that?

LOL

Ugh, I worked at McDonald's waaay back in 1988. This little turd of a sandwich looks completely unchanged since those days.
Bun is exactly the same as a regular hamburger. It gets half a slice of cheese, not a full slice. And the sauce is, unexpectedly, just a bland version of tartar sauce. The fish patty is frozen, deep fried, and the same whitefish used in your typical fish sticks. Not really bad, but that's about it.
It was by far the worst selling sandwich. McDonald's policy was to always have a few prepared ahead of orders, which could sit under the infrared lamps only 10 minutes (actual time was longer). But this thing only sold like 10 a day, so they were actually not cooked until an order was placed or most would end up in the dumpster.
Manager admitted the ONLY reason the damn things were on the menu was retarded Catholics have to eat fish on Fridays during Lent. The 10 per day went up to like 300 on Fridays. So there ya go. Its a 100% Catholic sandwich. It does not stand on its own merits, its food for religious dietary restrictions.

Jewed on regular burgers.
Catholiced on filet-o-fishes

Makes cents.

They're really popular at my mcdonalds; it and the double filet both sell between 25-50 at lunch peak and another 25-50 at dinner peak, with I'd say another 15-25 sold out of peak hours.

love them. i get double filets with extra tartar sauce and no cheese

Maybe 2016 and 1988 are different. These days fish is considered a "healthy" choice, and the calories per sandwich are actually disclosed.
I doubt the taste has improved, I think people just feel more guilty now ordering the 1500 calorie bomb, and this is an alternative. Also that socially conscious girlfriend of yours can claim she didn't kill that cute little cow, she had the fish! And fish don't have feelings.
The world has changed since then, and its not because this is a better sandwich.

That sause will FUCK. YOU. UP.

>half slice of cheese
what kind of retards implements this?

>Manager admitted
Was that concealed knowledge in the 80s?

>calories are bad
Dumbass

you people best not be slandering the best thing on mcdonalds menu

I love the filet o fish, another reason it may sell poorly is the price is too high for the quality and amount you get. Otherwise it is yummy.

THIS

+1

fuck cathoKEKS and religioin in general..

For me, it's the mcchicken the best sandwhich on the menu.

>sandwhich

Triggered.

Do you think McDonald's corporate statement would declare this sandwich is only present for our Catholic friends?
The manager specifically said DO NOT keep cooked Filet o Fish in the ready stock, because of the excessive waste, and loss of money. Sure, its a franchise, but it was a manager owned store, and he smartly maximized his profits by recognizing trends. It simply did not sell well unless it was a Friday during Lent.
If you were the asshole to order an item from McDonald's "religious menu" on a day that wasn't part of the Catholic dietary restriction, you are holding up the line, you asshole. Because the sandwich would not be prepared until it was paid for, good job waiting five times longer than everyone else at a fast food place. You are especially an asshole ordering it from drive thru.
But, the upside is you will almost always get a hot, freshly cooked fish sandwich.

Wtf is wrong with the buns and the cheese? The buns look like complete garbage and the cheese looks like it's made of plastic.

That's Mickey Deez for you.

>>>Reddit

It's fine, pare it with an soady-pop and fries and your good to go.

Skip it, it's not good.

The two best fast food fish sandwiches are Burger King's Big Fish, and Popeye's Fish Po'boy. Both of those are unusually excellent for a fast food sandwich.

If you're trying to not get fat, a 1500 calorie meal is generally something to avoid

>implying the amount of calories you consume alone is conducive to weight gain
>implying regularly consuming 1500 calorie meals with no sat. fats or sugars is going to make you gain weight

lol @ ur life

I used to love them as a kid and it was my go to McD's sandwich
can't be bothered to buy them now when a mcchicken and/or mcdouble is cheaper

I do get random cravings for a breaded fish and tartar sauce sandwich

>generally something to avoid

So many weird, combative, autistic people on this board its almost useless to post. He was giving you good advice.

>trying to give advice on calories when he doesn't know how calories work

just get laid or something man

>lol @ ur life
>just get laid or something man

You sound very depressed.

>You sound very depressed.

You sound very depressed.

You sound like some kind of a cunt.

Calorie restriction is the most effective method of weight control.
Most people are unconcerned with macro neutrient composition because they aren't autistic ameture body builders.

Only vegetarian option desu

fish isnt vegetarian
fucking idiot.

BK BIG FISH IS BETTER 2 for 5 as well.

Rumor has it if you say this to the person taking your order you get a free mcchicken.

>ameture
There's only one cunt here, user.

I love mcdonalds

I'm the original guy you had your sperg on. I was at a party talking to a doctor in toronto and I was asking him about the insulin cycle and a bunch of fad diet bullshit and he just looked at me and said, "kilocalories in vs kilocalories burned is all that matters." Nothing else. So you might want to listen to these fucks.

they are yummy

Fun fact, the Filet-o-Fish was made litteraly to cater to Christians over lent, the other option that Ray Kroc personally wanted was a Honolulu burger. He decided on the fish when his pineapple sandwhich got btfo in one weekend alone.

You must be a fat fuck.

But eating more calories than burned in a day literally makes you gain weight.
People dieting to lose weight shouldn't even eat more than 1500/day let alone 1500 a meal.

>and its not because this is a better sandwich.

Not gonna lie, and to be honest i feel like you probably won't see this, but that right there is the most underrated comment of the year.

I was ready to argue about this because I was under the impression that the tartar sauce made the filet o fish just as bad as the rest of the crap, but I actually looked it up and it's 390-400 kcal, below average for their sandwiches.

However, fish was still considered the "lighter choice" in the '80s, probably even more so than it is now. You'd need to go as far back as the '60s or '50s before it stopped being just something catholics ate on Fridays.

As a lent connoisseur, Big Fish is the worst damn fast food fish I have ever had. Had the texture of pudding and the flavor of a grease trap.

Filet-O-Fish is really good and underrated. Most people who knock it have never actually tried it and just think it will be nasty.

It isn't commonly order, so the chances are it is made fresh... but there is also the small chance it has been sitting around, and this sandwich does not age well.

That said, it is really good. Steamed bun, good patty, nice tartar sauce. If you haven't tried one you should, and take a pic and let me know what you think of it in this thread.

I got the fish burger at BK yesterday and it was pretty shitty. You could tell it had been under a heat lamp for some time and was no Filet-O-Fish.

Wendy's had a cod burger promotion several years ago and it was really solid.

>implying regularly consuming 1500 calorie meals with no sat. fats or sugars is going to make you gain weight
Calories are calories retard.

What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of sand?

A pound of sand, especially if it's wet.

This dude is right. McD makes a mean fish sandwich. Just ask for it fresh. Arby's also does a good one but that's a lent exclusive.

Don't you fucking start on this, you scottish motherfucker.

Has anyone here made salmon burgers? They are yums