Meats of Germany

I'm at work making pizzas with themes of cuisine from all around the world, and right now I'm trying to map out how to make a monster pizza with the theme of German cuisine.

The problem is, German cuisine's meat asile is very involved, and I'm having a hard time mapping exactly what kinds of meats I should be putting on to it.

My idea is that I want 5 meats that could compliment each other on the same dish, and I want each meat to come from a different part of modern day Germany.

I also don't want to put fish on it. I'm making it with my mother and father in mind, and they're not fond of fish. I am, but they are not.

As of yet, I have found two meats I would like to put on, and they are:

1. Weisswurst (From Munich, Bavaria)
2. Frankfurter (From Frankfurt, Hesse) (Hot Dogs are not to be used)

This leaves three more meats that I need filled out. I'd like one from Northwestern Germany/Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein, one from Saxony (in East Germany), and another from Brandenburg/Berlin/Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

I just don't want the meat to come from the same area.

Do you cu/ck/s have any ideas?

Also, I'm not going for any multi-cultural Angela Merkel progressive tanned-German Antifa Halal ass food like Currywurst or Döner.

I want the foods to be traditional fare that got the Germans of old to keep going about their days on, and fighting on.

Pic sort of related, its my previous Russian Orthodox Pizza that I posted here a few days ago. These pizzas are an ongoing project.

weisswurst wont work on a pizza, weisswurst only works with sweet mustard and pretzel.
put some kassler on there maybe

pretzel crust
mettbrochen or some kind of pork sausage with raw onions and quark on top
use weissbeer to make a white pizza sauce

wa la

>Also, I'm not going for any multi-cultural Angela Merkel progressive tanned-German Antifa Halal ass food like Currywurst or Döner.

why not? You're already making a confused fusion pizza.

If you really want it German just make Flammkuchen

Kassler looks good, but as far as smoked meats go, I don't really have the means to smoke my own, and I don't have access to Kassler here in California- at least nowhere close to my area.

Kassel is also very near to Frankfurt. I'd like to spread the locations out a bit.

Any other meat from Bayern or Austria that you can think of that could fill the niche? Weisswurst was the first on my mind which was why I chose it.

Yes, I am making a confused fusion pizza; but it will only be confused with stuff that exists within the political borders of Germany.

weissbeer and mustard, my bad. i've seen beer and mustard used in fondue and it's wicked dank.

yeah, do that.cheesy mustardy beery sauce. wicked good

>I want the foods to be traditional fare that got the Germans of old to keep going about their days on, and fighting on.
>insists autistically to put everything on a fucking pizza

The fuck is your problem?

flammkuchen

Here is your reply.

I've actually been wondering about the sauce.

I've been considering putting Spätzle with that cheese sauce on top of the pizza once its all done.

But if I put that down in place of the "Tomato Sauce" as they say, wouldn't that be redundant if I also put that on top of the pizza?

There are other german sauces I like, but is there any other sauce that compliments that cheesy mustardy berry sauce that you can think of off the top of your head?

you could make a schweinebraten (pork roast), its the most common meat dish here i guess. you could slice the meat thin and scatter pieces of the crackling. although it is a lot of work.
i think you have taken on quite a big project there.

That looks like a very involved dish and ought to be a meal in of itself. Still, the ingredients look accessable enough.

Any Schweinebraten that you like that comes from a specific area that you can recommend to me?

Maybe go for less sausage and more ham, as already said more Flammkuchen style.

Weisswurst on pizza sounds disgusting. i'm from Munich and I hate you for making me imagine that shit.

Flammkuchen style is good, but it doesn't look like a monster. Yeah, its another requirement of mine- it has to look formidable, and Flammkuchen doesn't have that monstrous look.

Have a ham in mind that you want to suggest? We all know of Black Forest Ham (And there is a reason we all know of it), but do you have another in mind?

I threw Weisswurst out there, because honestly, I can't say I've ever tasted it before, and it is a Munich specialty. If you have a better Bayern-Area specialty sausage though Deutschbro, I'm all ears.

There are German flammuchen, pies, and generally a lot of pastry that is "herzhaftes" (hearty) food.

Almost all of it wouldn't be German if you dropped it on a Pizza as ingredients.

This is true, but German is the theme on this Pizza.

> it has to look formidable, and Flammkuchen doesn't have that monstrous look
Feel free to make US food, but don't expect it to be German.

German food is usually fairly to very plain in looks. And not "formidable" in terms of volume or whatever either.

The Pizza I am making is German the same way the OP image I posted is Russian. It isn't German, but it harbors the German theme.

But what sorts of meats would go well on this American creation from around Germany? That's my question in the end.

How would you make an "US themed" pizza?

Fifteen slaughtered bald eagles as meat topping?

Here's a reply.

your idea is dumb to begin with
theres a bunch of meats and a ton of sausages we produce and eat, but none of them really make sense as a pizza topping. make something else instead.

maybe something close to lingonberries? since scandinavia is closely related to the germanic tribes

or what about something using cherries or cherry brandy or black forest cake for a fruity sauce

yeeee sonnnnnnn fuck that sounds dece

Yea, the usual meat toppings for pizzas in Germany are the same as in the USA.

The USA has a "German expatiate" taste in meat to begin with.

It's not camels or llamas, whales, insects, crabs or monkeys. And Lamb/mutton aren't terribly popular either.

No, it's cows, chickens, pigs. Same as in Europe, same as in Germany. The only thing you did change is basically add extra turkey meat consumption.

I am not kidding. You're probably the dumbest piece of shit i've ever seen on this board.

schwarzwälder schinken

That sounds like a project for another time.

Maybe a Kalmar Union Pizza could be a future project?

The Germans and the Norse are two different peoples despite their relations, so for now I want to keep them separate too.

The Lutefisk is going to be hell though...

American Pizza making is all about exercising that Yankee ingenuity.

Are there some meats in Germany you can think of that would go better on Pizza than others?

The cold cuts are probably far fetched as far as pizza toppings go, but how about the hot stuff?

Here's your reply.

Almost forgot about that! Noted that down!

Instead of throwing shit together try a german dish and make it into a pizza version.

I suggest converting currywurst into a pizza.

Mutterficken, B R Ä U L E R

*B R E U L E R
R
E
U
L
E
R

burger meat, ketchup, mustard, pickles, american cheese, corn, hot dogs, corned beef topped with a healthy dose of mac & cheese and bacon.

Oh and Mayo, lots of mayo.

*BROILER
R
O
I
L
E
R

Black Forest ham is good for pizza.

How are the Sox doing this year?

blutwurst
kasler
schwarwälder schinken
sauerbraten
but you could also just put some sommerwurst on there which is a kind of salami actually.

>leberkase (southern germany)
>rotwurst
(almost every region has it's own special wurst)
>nurembuerger wurst
>fleischsalat
This is so fucking easy

Sauerkraut toppings and beer.

>flammkuchen
>germany

No, that's french.

Like an user said earlier, leberkäse would be a good substitute for weisswurst on the Bavarian theme as weisswurst is very sweet. Also, I'm German and I apologize for all the German autists getting irrational and not helping you out. Let me know if you need any other tips.

You wanna make a German pizza? Don't focus entirely on the meat. Sure we love our meats to death, but as it's already been said in this thread, it's ont that different from the US. We don't have any special herbs or spices that would make things uniquely ours. We just got the same shit you do. Focus on the comfort food aspect of German cuisine. Put some potato slices and fried onions on that pizza. Add copious amounts of sausage and brined meats, which don't even need to be all that special. Top it all off with a big swirl o'gravy and there you go. A German monster pizza. Serve it with some good beer and people will love it.

seconding Leberkaas

>>flammkuchen
>>germany
>No, that's french.
The word itself is German. The dish is from the region of Alsace and Baden. Alsace was German some time ago. Baden still is. Flammkuchen is not French. [spoiler] Neither is it german[/spoiler]

OP here, just woke up.

Thank you guys for your help!

Some general replies to all of the above posts since I'm feeling a little too lazy to make more posts at the moment.

You're right in that I won't be using only meats. Ich weiß, dass ihr eure Spätzle, Knödel, Kartoffeln, und alles anderen so viel liebt. I have that part covered, but the meat is where things get complicated to the non-natives and you Germans well know which one is which.

I've got a nice list of meats to choose from, but if you guys have more meats to recommend, I'm all ears!

Bavaria and Baden-Württemburg looks well covered so far, as is Hesse. Would you guys happen to know of any specialties from the other German states like Niedersachsen? Hamburg? Schleswig-Holstein? Bremen? Sachsen? Mecklenburg-Vorpommern? Berlin? Thuringia? Brandenburg? Sachsen-Anhalt?

Like I said, I love fish, but my parents aren't fond of them (Sucks for them). My mother is also rather squeamish when it comes to meat (So no Blutwurst sadly). My aim with this pizza is that they would enjoy it if they ate it.

Again, thank you to those who gave me honest suggestions. If you have more, I'm still monitoring this thread.

Pic: My Full-English pizza that I posted here about a month or so ago, and my first monster pizza so to speak. (The black stuff is black pudding)

kraut here

your pizza sounds fucking disgusting. any stupid fucking American putting weisswurst or frankfurter on a pizza should be jailed.

you either make a flammkuchen, zwiebelkuchen, or you fuck off. proper, traditional, delicious German cuisine. you better find some real Schmand, too, asshole.

Currywurst and döner do exist within our political boundaries.

just use pork. weisswurst wouldnt work there.

pork and pork sausage. onions. bacon. make it hearty. but not too greasy.

serve with beer. watch some football or cobra 11.

German styled Pizza won't work because German cousin is either raw or too thick for pizza. You might want to toy around with potatoes, but they will only get you this far.

An idea might be to make a Pizza out of Spätzle, Ham and some German cheese. Serve some Krautsalat on the side.

Alternatively, Pretzel Crust with a tomato sauce with curry, sausages and fries.

Do bratkartoffeln, frankfurter, if you`re really good with cooking do a pretzel crust, or make the edges pretzel. You can add some bratwurst, and just put a fried egg on there, its pretty common here in germany.
Minced meat breadcrumbs egg and onions give you german frikadellen.
Dont try to find meat from the north, we eat fish, that wont fit on your pizza.
Otherwise a good pork chop or potatoes in general are german.

If you can, could you make a picture of the german aisle in your store? Im very interested as a german, what they offer there.

They're tasty, but they're not German. Currywurst is too multicultural for me to want anywhere on my pizza, and while döner is also good, that belongs on a turkish pizza instead.

I still like to try. A German themed pizza sounds like a fun challenge, and as a yank, I gotta exercise the ingenuity of my forebears. Probably won't win any major awards, but it'll be fun.

Also if I could have your opinion. What do you think of using one of those smooth German gravies instead of tomato sauce? I'm going to be putting Spätzle with cheese sauce on top of the pizza before sticking the son of a bitch in the oven.

As for potatoes, Bratkartoffeln with bacon sounds good, but that's just me. Have you a better idea as to how I should cook up those taters?

I'm from the area around San Francisco of in the east. It's about as american as it gets, which, while there are foods that one will find familiar there as in Germany, it's in a different standard.

I know you fellas up north eat land animals, but I notice its usually served cold. I'm thinking like the Hamburger Labskaus, and that one spiced up and cured raw ground pork that goes amazingly in a Brotchen.

I was hoping you at least have some meats up north served hot. Any hot meat dishes up north that is out of the ordinary from the rest of Germany?

The produce section here in California is nice though!

Still want Bilder of my stores though? I'm just sad because the herring section is rather pitiful in comparison.

this guy gets it. it's almost better to call it an onion and bacon tart in order to avoid offending certain people. goes great with creme fraiche as well

meat is so faggy

heres how id do it. itd be perosnal pizzas.

get a semmel.
slice the top off and unstuff the bread.
smear blood sausage against the inside of the bread, top with kase. inside of that, line the outside with schnitzel, cut into strips. lightly apply kraut. and press down, topped with wurst of some sort (fuck weisswurst) on top of the wurst, apply either cabbage, or their fuckign potatos they always make, garnish/top with those fuckign phenominal leafy greans.

obviously cook it before applying the potatoes (cold obviousy) and greens.

should be pretty good, filling as fuck, and shouldnt really be taller than 2 inches.

thats if you want to be really german.

taking a load of meats and applying them to a whole pizza and slicing it up is just downright disrespectful, and sounds liek some novelty shit an american, or a pizza stand owning turk woudl do.

fuck, i dont even think an italian would try and pull that kind of bullshit.
have some respect. go with the semmel.

jk, if a real german wants to chime in, i dont think a semmel would be strong enough (crust), but you should no doubt catch my drift.

That's a lot of black pudding.

What sausages did you use?

It looks pretty similar to the fry-up pizzas you sometimes see here. I don't know why these guys are giving you so much stick or why they can't understand the concept of using German ingredients to make a German themed pizza.

You should try asking them why their American themed pizzas all have corn as a topping, that should show those autistic krauts.

The black pudding I used was the only kind in my area, labeled as a "Southern-France" style (Which are smaller in size than the kind I would have preferred. If I wanted that kind, I would have to go to San Francisco.)

The other two sausages I used was White Pudding, and Bangers. Beneath all that was English style bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, and baked beans for sauce.

I whipped that up to celebrate the UK's vote to leave the EU.

The other dark grey stuff was fried russet potatoes. Not crispy, but flavorful, and kept the eggs in place while they baked in the oven.

Also, the reason I'm not doing that is because I don't want this thread devolving into any more worthless shitposting than it has to. They're welcome to put whatever they want on their food, and they'll do so whether or not I like it. I'm just doing the same back, so I think it's fair.

looks nice user t.brit

thank you for doing it for us

>I'm going to be putting Spätzle with cheese sauce on top of the pizza before sticking the son of a bitch in the oven.

That'll dry the Spätzle out. Don't.

Anytime Britbro!

Point, I'll just add it on as a finisher just after popping it out of the oven.

I like you.

>they're not German

Döner Kebap as we know it was created in Germany, by an immigrant with German citizenship. It's a German fucking dish you fag, just how Chicken Tikka Massala is a Britbong dish.

Just because you're some subhuman who hates brown people doesn't make you right.

Most of our sausages in east Germany are actually German and Polish or German and Czech 'fusion' food, but I'm sure you would have no problem with them.

Our 'American style' pizzas don't usually have corn on them, only the Tex Mex kind does. They range from regular thin crust to extremely thick crust, almost go za thick.

Only degenerates buy frozen pizza anyways so who gives a shit.

This has to be one of the best webm's ever

You're right, I don't have a problem with them.

Yeah please show some pocs, it really interests me.

So i asked my grandparents, and typical north german meat is holssteiniacher katenschinken, aka kate pork.
A common snack around here is bacon wrapped around green beans, with cooked pears, which is fucking delicious, maybe you can do something with that.
Otherwise its just fischfrikadellen and krabben up here, we`re pretty bad in the meat department.

Kek

It's fine Deutschbro. Your cold herring and potatoes have never failed to make me comfy. I'll look into that recipe though- can't make a German pizza without including the great pre-Scandinavian north!

Perhaps I can premake some of those if they are small enough and then add them on as a topping?

Calm down Mehmet

Mett

I am German and I will hate myself for this suggestion, as this thread is triggering me since the first post.

But .. Laugenrand?
Lye crust?

Also:
>Berlin
Currywurst
>Hamburg, Bremen
Fish, sorry
>All the others
fried refugee

if you make a lutefisk pizza I'm going to kill you with my ole and lena joke book.

or a Sauerteig

Are you aware that there is a native German dish similar to pizza ? Flammkuchen. Based on sour cream and bacon.

>grown up relatively close to the french border
>study in east germany
>mfw people put cheese on it

You could cover the east with Königsberger Klopse, of course you'd have to spread the meat on the pizza instead of forming it into meatballs. Its a really old traditional dish originally from prussia.
For Berlin use Bollenfleisch, its an actual ethnic german dish with lamb meat, so you get some variety, and I can imagine that it would work well on a pizza.

That webm is like a cartoon gag.

I've had an italian variant with prosciutto, tomatoes and parmigiano on it, was actually really nice. Of course far removed from actual Flammkuchen, but it worked.

>Flammkuchen with goat cheese and honey
excellent

put a whole Eisbein on it

Don't you worry, even I know Lutefisk is never to be brought indoors, much less baked in an oven.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Here is one picture in my store, and since it was Sunday, it was very crowded, and I have an autistic thing against including shoppers and bystanders in my own pictures so I didn't get you a picture of the produce section or the meat aisle.

This picture though is of what is considered "Ethnic" food here in my part of the world. It's either you're Asian (Chinese, or maybe Japanese or Korean), Mexican, or Jewish.

There isn't a "German Food" section so to speak. There is however a large section of steaks, ground meats (Including Bison which I did buy some of. Going to be making Cutlets today), and of course the birds like chicken and turkey. Duck and Goose isn't there unfortunately, and lamb is rather expensive due to it not being as popular as other meats.

I don't know why its upside down. Stupid phone.

Shredded down this is probably one of the better ideas in this thread

You sound like the worst wannabe German I've ever seen

Danke user, i wish you good luck with your pizza. What did you decide to put on it now?

Wicked dank wicked good

At this moment, I'm still not quite sure. I'll need to check out more markets in my area to see what is available. The one I went to has the best value moneywise, but isn't the most adventurous when it comes to food (z.B. sie verkaufen keine Blutwurst).

Even after sifting through the shitposting, I have a good list of a lot of things. Now I'll just need to see what I can truly get, and then play it out there.

On a side note, I'm still open to suggestions!