Are alts going to dump when btc rallies up?

Are alts going to dump when btc rallies up?

I understand why alts dump when btc dumps but why do alts dump when btc rises.

lets say you buy and alt @ .00000100 satoshis when btc @ 10k

if btc rallies to 20k and that alt stays at 100 satoshis its worth twice as much in fiat. Why do people dump when they can profit in sats and usd by being in alts.

All alts except nano

Alts dump when btc rises because people sell alts and fomo into btc. cmon op

why would they? the alts sats are going up in fiat value at the same rate and amount that btc rises in fiat value.

if you buy 1 btc @ 10k and place it into an alt.

then btc goes to 20k. if you would held btc you would of made 10k. But if you held the alt its satoshis also doubled in price which is also 10k.

but they drop in sats

I'd rather be in on a BTC bull run than some alt coin, it is afterall the coin with the highest market cap and potential gains. It is true tho, people jump ship and fomo into BTC. The market basically moves in cycles, and we have a BTC bull run coming up, alt will stagnate/bleed, but when dinosaurcoin settles or goes side ways, moon mission are back

it's because the majority of investors are normies and retards who have never learned a thing about trading and investing in their lives meaning a lot of the trends in crypto aren't going to be logical or the smart decision.

someone explain to me plz

that actually shows that in traditional markets a lot of movements are self-fulfilling prophecies based on common market knowledge

in other words, it's all a fucking joke, don't put too much money and try to enjoy it

t. finance major

how do they drop in sats?

because people sell brainlet

in your assumption you're suggesting that while BTC goes up in FIAT value, alts stay the same in sats, that's not the case, because people fomo from alts to btc, therefore price of alts in sats decreases

but people should not be selling because they are catching the btc rally because their sats in alts are rising at the same pace as btc.

yes i am assuming that say the sat value stayed stable for the sake of the argument. They are not missing out on a btc rally because the fiat of their sats is going up as btc goes up.

>yes i am assuming that say the sat value stayed stable for the sake of the argument. They are not missing out on a btc rally because the fiat of their sats is going up as btc goes up.

okay, in brainlet's words
more people want BTC than given alt, so they trade, how the fuck price in sats would've stayed the same?

so you are telling me the only reason people sell is because they do not understand this concept?

Seems like you're the one not understanding friendo

because when btc rises it is in fiat value and not in sats?

no, I'm saying you're not selling because you don't understand the concept

when btc goes from 10k to 20k its sats stay exactly the same.

A lot of the time its because BTC increased in value more than they did so $USD value is up Sat value down.

I give up, it really is a bubble

There is no concept here.
If I buy an alt at 300 sats and btc is at 10k if btc is at 20k now my alt is not at double the value so it would dump in sat value to where people determine it is worth holding well old man BTC thrashes around.

Let alone the selling of alts pumps btc because they don't want to miss out. I remember the earlier run last year I made the mistake of holding alts and my portfolio increased in value fiat terms but went from 4btc to 1.4 btc, then as the alt moon came I ran up to 9 btc or something. Most people will want to avoid the previous run up session again even if a large potential alt moon is at the end.

dont matter what they should be doing. market does what market does, ride the wave

lets say the 300 sats are worth $5 if btc@10k

now those 300 sats are worth $10 btc @ 20k

are they not going up in value?

??

the run at the end of last year was mostly wash trading and alts. this run will be fueled by institutional and managed money. right? why would you assume "they" will drain alts for this run?