Hendricks
Plymouth
Liberator
Knickerbocker

Beefeater with lemonade

Fuck you

fuck gin

>Plymouth
I used to think Bombay Sapphire was the best, but this blows it out of the water. I like it with just ice and lime

Like gin, but tonic water is absolutely fucking disgusting, anything else I can use as a simple mixer without turning it into a fancy fucking cocktail?

Sierra Mist or Sprite. Really any citrus based soda

Cranberry juice goes well

Hayman's

I've only had beefeater bombay sapphire and gordon's all in martini format and I prefer beefeater from the three

Bombay Sapphire and Gordon's are pleb-tier.

Current favourites are Tanqueray No.10 and Thomas Dakin.

Lots of ice in a copa glass. 60ml gin, 120ml Fevertree Tonic, slice of orange and star anise to garnish.

Here's an old picture of some Dodds gin with lime and mint flowers I made.

Most important thing is lots of ice and a 1:2 ratio.

I tried to make martinis recently and they're just absolutely disgusting. Maybe it's the vermouth idk.

lime and ginger beer or ale if you cant find it

Soda and lemon for a Tom Collins.

Hendricks
Boodles

Also tried Beefeater and Gordons and hated those. I dont like tonic water either so I drink my gin straight up and clean.

>no one mentions monkey 47s Gin

buncha fuckin plebs.. I've tried a lot of theirs, but the one from Schwarzwald is the absolute best. they actually get creative with gin and the end result is so good I can drink it straight, no chaser, no cocktail.

while I've had most beefeaters they range from decent to good, never great.

Are you blind?

New Amsterdam is shockingly good for the price and the focus on citrus over juniper makes it more welcome for sweeter mixtures or drinking it straight.

Fevertree is okay, but I don't much care for tonics because of the quinine bitterness. Gimlets are sort of my go-to, as a result.

If I'm working with Hendricks, I add a lot of thinly sliced cucumber with ginger ale and/or lime juice.

Always a highball with ice filled to the top.

Tanqueray and seagram's tonic, two lime wedges, lots of ice

>literally OPs pic

Any decent gins for

Hendricks, Plymouth, Tanquerey, Sipsmith, Martin Millers are all fairly affordable and the next step up from the gins you've listed.

>Highball or copa?
tall tumbler

gin rickey

gin, lime, and soda water

top tier

My local shop is selling Bombay Sapphire for £15 a bottle, hard to argue with that. Way nicer than Gordons / Greenalls / supermarket own brands.

Wouldn't pay full price for it though. What is everyones favourite tonic water? I like Schweppes slimline, and sometimes Fever Tree if it is on offer. The supermarket own brand stuff is sickly sweet.

Anything that doesn't have artificial sweeteners in is good. Fevertree, Fentimens etc.

BAM tom collins is my favorite carbonated hard drink, which i had completely forgotten about. thanks for the reminder, user, i gotta squeeze out the last few days of summer.

favorite gin right now is pic related, especially the terroir. learned that it's made locally, even though i've had it on the opposite coast as well.

without being a hipster fuck, my favorite gin cocktail is the last word. goes down like absinthe

new amsterdam was my choice when i was a severe alcoholic and couldn't ride the jim beam train anymore. mix it with orange juice and bob is your uncle

>What is everyones favourite tonic water? I like Schweppes slimline, and sometimes Fever Tree if it is on offer. The supermarket own brand stuff is sickly sweet.

Chances are that the supermarket you are shopping at is sing artifical sweeteners in their tonic water.

If you're looking to buy decent and inexpensive mixers, visit a Sainsburys or a Marks and Spencers. No artificial flavourings in their 'regular' mixers.

I'm trying out all the german produced gins for the last months and I prefer pic related over ops, as it has more of a punch. Also liked mampe gin a lot.

Anyone ever tried this one?
cambridgedistillery.co.uk/antygin/

No, but it's just a fucking marketing ploy. The ants aren't going to add any flavour.

Dunno, I once occidentally ate a single regular black ant, it it tasted incredibly sweet for its size.

Odd, I ingested some ants recebtly and they tasted rather peppery.

Broker's is fantaistic.

Different species of ants are used as ingredients in south american cuisines. Many have extremely strong flavor profiles. Wonder how it tastes in the gin.

Death's Door. I accept no substitutes.

This is the best Gin I've ever had.

They're fantastic and the small facility, located in historic riverfront small German settler town, it's made in has other great spirits and specially rested whiskeys. There's nothing they produce that's not fantastic.

My company makes Plymouth and Beefeater and I was gifted bottles of them, so I guess those.

Fresca and gin are a match made in heaven

Tanqueray No. 10
absolute best gin money can buy.

>Tanqueray No.10
gf picked up a litre of this for me in duty free. Great gin.

Bought it for the name, stayed for the quality

Why are you eating ants. Do you live in the third world?

...every ant I ever ate was sour as fuck...

Anyone tried Bombay Sapphire? How was it?

People get curious sometimes. I tried some after I heard they're edible and liked them enough to do it from time to time.

Pretty meh. Gives you a weird oily feeling in your mouth and it's pretty generic and boring as far as gins go.

Plymouth, Tanquerey, Hendricks, Martin Millers are all a similar price range and offer a lot more.

shit, straight shit

Here's a list of some recent ones I've bought/tasted. Feel free to ask any questions/recommendations. I'm quite the connoisseur.

Daffy’s
Dodd’s
Fifty Pounds
Forest Gin
Hendricks
Macaronesian
Manchester
Martin Miller’s
Monkey 47
Plymouth
Sacred
Sharish Blue Magic
Sipsmith
Tanqueray
Tanqueray No. 10
Thomas Dakin
Three Rivers
Xoriguer Mahon

>alphabetical order

Holy autism batman

>Nu-male: the thread
Gin is fedora tier garbage, you're not impressing anyone

I am learning at a small Hotel, they focused on gins, I´ll post what we have:
Hendrick`s gin
Jinzu
The Botanist
Tanquary Rangpur
Tanquary No. 10
Star of Bombay
Monkey 47
Elephant London
The Duke
feel munich
Black gin
Adler Berlin
Gorndon´s gin

Opinions/Suggestions?

I know you probably have Gordons as the house gin but that stuff is really awful IMO. Good selection otherwise.

Winston Churchill would disagree with you. I think the Martini is probably the classiest/manliest drink around.

We actually have it just because many know it.
I once had a customer ask for a gin tonic and after being asked what kind of gin he wants he just said:
"What do you mean "what gin?", there is only one"
He meant Gordon´s.

I used to drink this one quite a bit, until I realised that it wasn't really Scottish, and was produced by a Vietnamese company.