How can a poor educated 20 year old get into MIT?

How can a poor educated 20 year old get into MIT?

I have no money but access to a computer with internet.(i live in europe)

Lets assume i am not a brainlet.

Other urls found in this thread:

mitadmissions.org/apply/international/howto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Study

This. What did you expect OP? A person will just notice your non-brainletness and invite you to MIT?

I assumed that,i just mean like, would i have to send them a letter? will my european grades be worth something? how can i prove my non brainletness to them?
how do universities decide on what students to accept? should i go to uni in my country , try to be exceptional here first?

Study. Pass relevant examinations with flying colours (i.e 100%). Apply.

That's it. Just because it is simple does not mean it is easy.

Why do you even want to be in MIT?

What would be relevant examinations?

mitadmissions.org/apply/international/howto

I want to get to a good university where my qualities can be harnessed the most. i heard MIT is a good one. i also heard that getting to the best uni possible is really important.

What country do you live in.

If you live in England you would be better of applying to Cambridge although the entrance examinations/requirements are hard.

Holland

OP here,

should i get the neccesary skills by self-study?
or should i etrn to school and try an official route?
i would be significantly older by then, will it be too late? and if good uni's slect only a few students, will they not prefer the young ones?

It is never too late, in my opinion do self study and official route, it will only increase your chances.

If you can show that you are really good and passionate about the subject then they will normally offer you a place regardless of your age.

They will probably expect a bit more though, but not much.

Will they care about my previous schools?
or will they only care about what my current state is? because i am too old for regular school in holland i need to attend a school especially for drop outs. but i am prepared to work hard and long, i just need to escape this place i am in right now.

OP here,

I have been active in programs for gifted students,
so ill probably be able to make it with hard work, and better circomstances.

Good luck.

Luck wont do the trick ;)
but thanks!

Gonna pin: poor eurofag here. Currently studying UG in Scotland and can afford to spend like

Lots of hard work and luck, or be a minority with good grades.

Class of 2020 adMIT here AMA

Note Middle Class white non-jewish non-virgin non-athlete, literally the hardest demographic to get in on

Nice!

Same demographic :(
except poorer than middle class.

there is not much i can do atm desu, i need to get a place of my own, and a way to fix my ADD and some money. without this i wont have a chance at succeeding. i dont have a room of my own, so im always in a room wth a nother person. i hope i wont be too late to join.

You blew it. Probably not in the cards for you.

Why exactly?

i know a guy who went to mit
his dad is a redneck from kentucky who was in the army
his mother was a korean hooker
he went to school in the california shit hole town of victorville
but this guy was born super smart

>Holland
Many countries have societies for students who study abroad. Since your country is well known for travelling all over the world I would guess there is such a society.

There is one in my country and they have lot of practical information.

Wow really?
ill take a look , thanks

any other reccomendations or tips are greatly appreiciated desu

>Holland
nigga, you can find a good university in your country or in other neighbors countries

like what

no questions?

Dont know what to ask, really
all advice is welcome