AP Physics C Exam

I have my AP Physics C: Mechanics exam tomorrow.

Any tips? This is the second year they're allowing calculators on MC, so I'm not sure how the multiple choice is going to be compared to released exams.

>also, predictions for FRQ topics?

>allowing graphic calculators for past exams
>ban graphic calculators three years ago
>make exam questions harder

Fuck my life.

Oh, so will exams pre-2012 be like exam in 2016?

I'm an ap physics teacher, feel free to ask me specific questions. Yes I'm also on Veeky Forums on a sunday morning; I'm good at physics not at life.

Always be sure to explicitly cite conservation laws when doing an FRQ. It's very often something that is specifically laid out in the point distribution. Same with units and an initial set up.

Remember the AP scoring guidelines are pretty forgiving (just setting up and attacking a problem is often the majority of the points) and additive (you can put wrong stuff and it's basically never penalized, so it doesn't hurt to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks).

>tfw my school didn't offer AP Physics C because it didn't even have enough kids in calculus
Feels bad man. I wish my school had it in high school so I didn't have to take it in uni. Literally the easiest shit in the world and the professor was surprised I aced almost all of his tests (he teaches mechanics and electricity) because his class is notorious for being incredibly difficult.

I hate niggas like you who come to Veeky Forums and make shit posts like this. You should be studying right now, not lurking here.

When solving the problem, first state all known variables from the question, then state each equation before beginning to solve for unknown variables before submitting the answer. You may only need 1 equation, you may need 3 before solving.

Also, advice thread MODS!

Wow that's amazing! Thank you sir!

Do you have any predictions on what the FRQs may be this year?

Also, do you have any recent AP Physics multiple choice practice tests that you can share?

My high school enrolled me in AP physics. It also enrolled street nigs who never passed algebra because more seats = more revenue.

So we never covered the necessary material for anyone to pass the AP exam. Really fucking sucks.

A literal monkey could ace highschool physics.
are you too dumb for calc?

Eat a snack

Any recommendations?

Something with a good amount of carbs and protein always did well with me.

there was one problem that asked us to set up a differential equation. I was also in BC so I think I got it right but everyone said that one was hard AF

I'm also taking Physics tomorrow. Good luck OP, bumping this thread because I'm interested in seeing some other responses, especially predictions

Can someone explain 16 and 17

You're not passing tomorrow why bother

Also anyone who didn't/will not take EM regardless of course availability will not succeed in academia

>ee to ask me specific questions. Yes I'm also on Veeky Forums on a sunday morning; I'm good at physics not at life.

Top fucking kek

Happens where I work too. They have idiots taking the AP Calculus exam who've never done more than Algebra. It's all about money for school districts. Total bs system.

Answering problems with multiple clarifying or supporting details (i.e. figures, mathematical statements, AND physical descriptions) will help you fetch the maximum number of points possible on the FRQ.

Also remember that math errors only count against you once if you perform the rest of the steps correctly (i.e. if you do the right things with the wrong number, they won't mark everything wrong).

My teacher was terrible and I don't know much about impulse/momentum and spring/harmonic motion (and probably other topics) because I couldn't figure them out on my own. Are there any good resources I can use to cram?

Why does it always seem like high school physics teachers are always terrible?

I'm kinda in the same boat except that I was in a regular physics course last year with a decent teacher, so I know most of the mechanics fairly well, but my teacher this year for AP Physics C has sucked, so I'm absolutely terrible at E&M.

Should I bother studying for E&M, or should I just focus on getting the 5 in Mechanics?

Considering 60% correct is a solid pass for EM, study both. If you're pressed for time focus on the analogies from mech to em

Correction, 60% is a solid 5. I think you just need to break 30% to pass

Car starts not at the origin because it has an initial velocity, and it has a negative net force so it will have a negative acceleration on it which, taking the derivative of acceleration will produce a negative speed meaning it will always be decreasing exponentially in speed.

Good advice, but when I say I'm terrible at E&M, I mean truly terrible. My teacher never taught us the theory, he only gave us problems which he then solved for us on the board, so I honestly just don't understand many of the fundamental concepts underlying the various topics. Let's just say that my average for the first semester was a 95, while my average in the second semester is around a 65.

So I just don't think I can learn enough tonight to even get a 3 on E&M, let alone anything that might exempt me from some college courses, while I actually have a decent shot at the 5 for Mechanics.

Wouldn't you integrate the acceleration to get the change in velocity over time, and then set that equal to 4? Meaning the answer is C?

This is the answer you dumbfucks

What about this? I really don't get 32.

It's a hard subject compared to a lot of high school classes and there's no easy way to spoon feed it, people blame the teachers instead of admitting their faults.

Is there any point to even having an AP physics exam to begin with? I don't know of a single respectable university that takes AP Phys credit in lieu of an actual course.

This is a lazy answer. Set it up as a torque problem and use some trig identities. The way you have your frictional force vector in your picture is in the wrong direction.

You're missing a factor of 2.

I took AP Physics 1 last year, passed, and got a GE credit for it. AP Physics C will literally give me nothing in most of the UC's and even my local Community College

You have wrong answer, it's E