How do I pick a place to become a regular customer?

How do I pick a place to become a regular customer?
I am new to Denver and want to make some friends and have some sort of social life since I work alone.

You can come to my house. I have a nice well and a basket for lowering the lotion.

just go to texas roadhouse and drink in sadness

>Pick restaurant
>Go the same couple days of the week
>Every week
>Sit at the same table
>Order the same food
>Tip well

Ideally I would like to find a place with communal seating where there are lots of other regulars

Will there at least be cocktails before getting in the hole?

Methadone clinic or liquor store.

he is literally clinging to her

how sad

Thats just part of being a regular

You get out. That's how an out of stater can make friends with Colorodoans. Go on a weed tour. Who cares? Just don't fucking live here. You're making it impossible for us to afford anything.

Life isn't a TV show dingus

Being a "regular" or a "that guy" is frightening. I hate to have anyone recognize my face and what I like to buy, order, etc.

Then they like to strike up a conversation. There's a place by my house. I went in one day, the waitress guessed what I wanted based on previous visits and engaged in small talk. Why?

Don't be so presumptuous. I don't want to talk. I don't want to know you. I don't want you to know me.

I got what I wanted, left and never went back. It's been 7 months since then. I've quit going to no less than two or three other restaurants or groceries since.

Are you fatty mcautism?

i lost my wallet recently and all of the reasons you have described make me hate being a regular, but I haven't been carded once and as an alcoholic being known as a regular to all the liquor stores I frequent in a week make it a godsend

>Get turned on to a sushi place near work by a co-worker
>Order takeout before work, pick it up on the way to work
>Do it the same day every week for a few weeks
>Don't even have to give my name, the matradee is usually getting my bag before I've even opened the door

This is nice. I don't have to talk but I get great service.

Same thing happened to me.

>About to leave work
>Call ahead to give my order
>servers know my name and will give me tips on what's good and fresh that day
>put in an order and then pick it up on the way home

Tipping consistently well helps a lot too.

>walk into McDonald's after vacation
>cashier says "hey man, haven't seen you in a while"
how do you respond?

Go to seedy bars or some kind of singles club. But not the kind that plays loud music. Hang out around the pool tables, and either ask someone bearby to play a game with you, or wait for someone to ask you.

Or just hang around the bar and strike up a conversation with another lonely soul. Either way, alcohol is necessary, so it gives you an excuse to put yourself out there.

I can relate to this with buying liquor. Not being carded is lovely.

>matradee

>Not being carded is lovely.
you are gonna love getting old

You don't choose a place, the place chooses you

TV shows are based on life, bung lick.

No one is picking me ;_;

Well, look at this wise mother fucker.

Go watch every soccer game at The Celtic Tavern. Be sure to order the steak and ale pie. It's amazing. Also, report back to me if Dee is still working there, I owe her a shirt.

Just go to a bar you like and strike up conversation with other patrons that seem open to it. You're in fucking Denver, pick literally anyone's tasting room/brewpub.

Find a place you like and frequent it. Once a week is plenty. Go in off hours when they're not very busy, you'll stand out more.
Explore the menu, ask the waitstaff for suggestions. Find your niche, but be willing to try new things if the staff suggest it.
Getting to know the staff is #1 importance. Smaller establishments make this easier since they don't have 20 people rotating schedules.
You know you're home once you start getting special treatment. A chinese place I used to go to a lot became my fave once the cook (I always sat so he could see me from the kitchen) started slipping extra things onto my plate, or adjusting the spiciness because he learned my preferences.
Once you become a favored regular, tip just a little bit more. You don't need to be extravagant, but show your appreciation.

1) Try new places until you find one you like. 2) Go there once a week or so. 3) Tip well, but not crazy.

Also, the homemade tater tots at Highland Tavern rule. Welcome to Flavortown!

the cook fancy ur benis

Yes, Dee is still working there.

this works

Does she want the D?

>Highland Tavern

Hmm this is not too far from me.

Went to a meeting for introverts at a coffee shop.
No one showed up .
Denver is a tough town.

Fuck off, we're full.

Planning to move to Denver in a few years. What are some comfy areas to live in near good restaurants/bars?

im not from denver but can i hang out pleas ;_;

of course user, i will even buy your lunch

There's a cool pizza place I go to that I'm well known at for now. 10 inch pizzas with whatever toppings and sauces and cheeses that I want. Real good service and shit's fresh too.

maybe she wanted to have sex with you

it's an equation where the variables are cheap drinks, good people, geographical convenience, and opportunities to gamble

One semester, I had an 75 minutes between classes for lunch. It wasn't enough time to drive home, eat, and drive back, so I had to eat out for lunch 2 days a week.
I found a little bar with good burgers and fries, so I order a burger and fries every time I went.

After about 3 weeks of going to the same place twice a week, ordering the same thing, the bartender started to know what I wanted.
There were a lot of other regulars there, too. There was a chiropractor whose office was next door who ate lunch there everyday, so all of the staff knew him by name.

Call your friend Leroy on the phone
Tell him "Buddy, I'm afraid to be alone"
Cause I need some new ideas in my head
About things to eat in Denver cause I'm a fag

I completely agree with this. Of course I frequent all of the places within walking distance, but as soon as it becomes a social obligation to have a conversation, I take months off.

this is especially true of breakfast places. First thing in the morning, I really don't want to have some kind of "hey how ya doin, what's new" type of small-talk.

Have you ever had a diagnosis?

I suspect the asburgliosis

>I work in a bar where 70% of the customers are regulars

haha nice joke 9friend

>started going to my favorite bar a couple times a week
>all the bartenders remember my name
>get good service
>they sometimes chitchat a bit

Ideally, I'd like to become an actual friend, but that seems far-fetched. Maybe I'll stay until closing sometime and see if they have an after-hours party somewhere. I doubt I'd be invited, though. Worth a shot.

Thank you.
Worked on that one all afternoon yesterday.
I agonized over just D or spelling her name Dee.
Glad someone noticed my hard efforts!

tfw you go to a restaurant too much and dont want them to recognize you go at different days and times and sometimes drive 30 min out of your way to go to a different one

was it autism?

t. Boner McAutism

Nice bike. Does it get you to the homo store in time?

No, I'm just a busy guy with a lot on my mind, I don't really want to go into social mode first thing in the morning is all.

i always bring a book with me to restaurants as a kind of signal to fuck off

nine times out of ten, i get asked what i'm reading, which is funny because probably one in every ten servers has ever read a book

Many small Sushi places survive off of regular customers. There are also locally owned pizza shops which are very friendly to their regulars. Honestly, it's all about finding a small enough locally owned restaurant that's small enough to where the owners can recognize you when you come in.

You seem like a gigantic ass

"Wow, I didn't realize I come here often enough to be recognized"

No. Social anxiety can happen without autism. Hell, sometimes autism is more likely to give you an armor of ignorance instead of making conversation hell

>go to the same place every day, order same drink every day (Cafe latte)
>one day decide I want something different (Ice tea)
>"It's something wrong?"

Then I stopped going there.

Some considerations for a place you might want to become a regular at:
Convenience
Affordability
Pleasant environment
Competent/friendly staff
Food/drinks live up to your expectations
The crowd - do you fit in well with the kinds of people who patronize this place?

I'm a regular at my local liqour store does that count ?

>wants a social life
>in Denver
Denver is surprisingly active on Meetup.com

Is that still a thing?

I fear that you are telling the truth ;_;

Same way I feel in VA, except you have to finish it off... "of minorities".

The idea that three of the six responses to this so far were in agreement reminds me how autistic this board is. A majority of people who go to restaurants enjoy being greeted and the human interaction involved. Just because you are part of the minority that dislikes this because you think you're important enough that people recognizing your face have some sort of nefarious intent doesn't mean the average restaurant has to accommodate for your autism. They are not being presumptuous; they are simply doing what is standard for their job, which most people consider a nice touch resulting in more tips.