Al/ck/oholism General

Al/ck/oholism General v. 215666534

I'm hungover as fuck and thinking about drinking a bit to balance out, the last time I did this I wound up being drunk for 3 days straight. But I think I can handle myself this time. Good idea y/n?

Other urls found in this thread:

masterofmalt.com/gin/kyro/napue-gin/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

quit it with these fucking theads. get your fucking life together senpai. go the fuck outside and get off the goddamn computer for 1

>last time this happened it was awful
>but I'm sure it'll go better this time!

This is the kind of shit logic that goes along with any kind of addiction.

Not a day without this al/ck/o crap. We get it poster, you crave internet attention and you get it. I think that's more you're drug.

naw

I'm currently stripping low wines. I don't know if that makes me frugal or an end stage alcoholic.

Probably lamest comeback in Veeky Forums history

No. Not a good idea. Past behaviors are a good prediction of future actions.

I cut myself off this evening after four tall cans, on another note. Gaining better control of my life. I wasn't a full-blown drunk but it was starting to head that way. This thread made me realize that.

Hey guys I just learned a new trick for myself. Others might know this but I'll post it anyway.

I wanted to get a bottle of wine open in a hotel room but didn't have any access to a corkscrew.

Hold the bottle sideways, and forcefully "tap" the bottom of the bottle against the face of a couch arm. Just keep doing it for a while and the pressure will start forcing the cork out so you'll be able to just pull it out the rest of the way.

Cheers.

I made the thread 2 or three times ago you faggot and all these guys are different.

>you're drug

Idiots. Read and learn. This poster is a sad attenrion seeker. Veeky Forums knows
Dont fucking bother with this sad being.

>attenrion seeker
>attenrion

I was not drinking like maybe 7 days in the last 3 months. I don't understand your problem.

>be a north korea chinaman
>can't drink or be executed
>jealous post on American forum

bump for daydrinking

Oh, I just realized you can hide a post, awesome.

What fuckin shithole country do you live in bruv

I haven't drank in for 2 weeks and haven't had a bender longer than 2 days in about 6 months. I'm not quitting, just trying to control my drinking more.

america

Then you spill wine on your carpet?

Oh sorry bro I'm on the east coast right now, should have known!

No, you carry the half uncorked thing to your sink, pull out the cork, and it will spritz up a bit, but all your wine is intact. Thanks for asking, I could have included this end measure.

You guys really don't make your own booze, do you?

That's just mid-tier alk

Fuck $2 Chuck, I'm in at $0.83.

Now we're talking.

I get a handle of vodka for about 50c.

Noice. Since I'm not in the 'land of the free' ... just 'land of the fees', I'll just say I have a friend who knows what you're doing ;)

wtf is this a meth lab?
why not just buy ur alcohol from the alcohol manufaqcturers in a store you yanks????

It's worth it. I'm not in the US, but still. It's fun.

Simply filtering 2 cases of wine before I bottle it.

Why buy from the state and the jews when you can make it for half the price?

>Pressure will start forcing the cork out so you'll be able to just pull it out the rest of the way.
>just pull it out the rest of the way.

If you're too dumb to not comprehend that than you shouldn't be consuming alcohol.

this

Further - I'm getting married in a month. Instead of buying 160 bottles of wine, I made it. 35 fucking gallons.

If I went to the store, that'd be $1,700 to $2,250.

My cost? $320 and 6 hours of work.

This shit adds up, fellow al/ck/s. Wine doesn't spoil, it gets better with age.

>drinking alcohol
>when you can just be high as fuck

Not everyone hates working, buKEKski

Some of us worry about drug testing, and keeping our job.

>Wine doesn't spoil

do you know how to make vinegar?

More importantly, I know how to make wine properly.

>not using synthetic urine to pass your drug tests

Faggot

>being such a degenerate that you need fake piss to get a job
lmaoing at your life

>calls me the degenerate
>in a thread full of self proclaimed alcoholics

At least I don't get cold sweats from not smoking.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHY DID YOU FUCKING SAY THIS FUCKCING FAGGOT FUCK FAGGOT YANK BASTARD
AHHHHHHH FUCKING HELL M8 GO TO FUCKING YORKSHIRE I'LL FUCKIN POUR SOME FUCKIN TEA DOWN YOUR BLOODY URETHEA OPENING FUCKIN YANK

1776 WAS A MISTAKE

It's called addiction

anyone elce drink exclusively 40's?

Fuck off nigger.

Just kidding, I love Colt 45s. I know a Shell that sell them for 1.99 each, it's great.

alcohol

Haven't touched a drink in 3 months.
I still think about drinking every single day.
When does it get easier?

At about ~6 months sober, but depends on how much you were drinking. How bad was it?

I've been there with benzos. Drink occasionally now and feel fantastic, gets me my buzz and makes me reflect. I guess it would be weird for my to be in an al/ck/ie thread but gook moot hasn't made a drug board yet and most people here are of a kindred spirit.

Was going through those larger bottles of vodka every couple days.
Would drink before work, drive drunk, etc.

I've been doing 40s of King Cobra lately. Prefer Steel Reserve, but my local stores only have them in cans and 40s are cheaper.

It'll take far longer than a couple months. You'll feel better in awhile. Your body still needs to adapt to living without alcohol. After it does and you get some type of balance, your mind will start healing itself. Devote yourself to something.

>gook moot hasn't made a drug board yet

Do you frequent /hooch/?

i cant get colt so i just get steel reserve. 2.50 a bottle here :(

I've been going through 2 boxes of fireball a week for a while now....kill me

how fucking new are you? is this babbys first board after /b/?

/alck/ threads have been on Veeky Forums for a long ass time.

i used to drink a pint of 100 proof smirnoff every night with a couple of beers, but i've weened off and have been drinking just once a week on either saturday or sunday, depending on my work schedule. it's been great, but the first 2 weeks, i wanted to kill myself, and had heart palpitations and some panic attack like breathing problems while trying to sleep. i also noticed some caffeine sensitivity. around day 15-16 i started feeling fine, though.

avoid the question, good one

I've been clean of opioids for almost 4 years now and I still browse the addiction threads that pop up on various boards.

what hard alcohol would you mix pic related with? I want to throw a party with some mixed drinks available

Alcoholic here. 2 bottles of wine every day. How do I quit? I'm thinking of going to AA. What can I expect? Thanks

You need Jesus.

I would use vodka

How long?

13 days sober.

Last night was a close call. Really need to find some new hobbies to replace my drinking habits. Boredom is the biggest enemy of my sobriety.

Here's the setup Veeky Forums
>company, specifically my department is going on a 3day2night stay at some resort for a team building
>day time will probably be full of fun but come night time it's just rest and awkward moments with other people my team is not close with
>want to make things fun for my group
>alcohol always makes this really fun or really bad
Drunk gummy bears, what should I mix with it? Vodka? Whiskey? What else can I prepare?
Truth is I just want to smash this one girl, with 2 nights together with her I think I have a shot, we'll also be staying in the same room. She's part of the committee for this shit and when I asked her if there were any ground rules, she replied in email that everything but biting is ok.
I replied to that one with a smiley face, bitches love smiley faces.

>3day2night stay

How many hours are they paying you to work?

??
No user not every enterprise workplace wants to fuck you over, we're still payed our normal hours and the whole thing is payed by the company.

Shouldn't they be paying you for 24 hours of work for each full day you have to attend?

I don't know about any laws regarding that, but the overnight stay is optional, most of the oldies don't plan to stay the night so that's more chances for me and little ms qt3.14.

It's just a battle of willpower. There a few things that can make it a little easier though:

Find things to keep your mind occupied: hobbies, books, movies, whatever. Something that if you're bored won't make you think about or be tempted to drink.

Eat lots of food, seriously. Eat to the point you can't possibly eat any more. I find if my stomach is totally full to the point of or almost at the point of discomfort I have absolutely no desire to drink.

Build new habits to replace your drinking routines. If you found yourself coming home and watching a certain show or listening to certain music or something do not do this sober. It will just remind you of booze and tempt you to drink.

Woke up At 4:00 AM with supreme guilt
And anxiety

Drinking beer on the couch now with the doggies

Who here is drinking by themselves in a pub right now?
It's the best, you get to drink outside among people, but at the same time noone is bothering you and you can shitpost to your hearts content

That's nice... how much is is costing ya?

So I get to be lonely without any of the peace and solitude?

I don't do this everyday
Obviously you should do this if you're OK with losing the solitude part, that's kind of the point.
Anyway, cheers anons!

Quick I need a brandy that's both not too expensive and good with anything

>my friend likes whiskey
>he's my only friend I can talk to about whiskey
>mfw insists everything is either scotch (scottish, irish) or bourbon (everything else)
at least he has some Connemara, it's quite nice

fuck you guys are degenerates, find a hobby and stop feeling sorry for yourself like a woman

The Finnish gf just returned from visiting her family and got me five of these for my birthday:

masterofmalt.com/gin/kyro/napue-gin/

Actually she got me four (my birthday is in two weeks). We downed half of the fifth bottle together this evening as gin & tonic. She went to sleep a moment ago since she was tired from the trip.

Considering making myself another cheeky gin&tonic before going to sleep.

Just get a vodka and something to mix it with

My computer psu dying has been a miracle.
Keeping me from getting hammered and playing video games

What are some cheap vodkas to drink to help the crippling depression

Industrial grade paint thinner

Thanks, buy in bulk?

Dunno man, spend a couple dimes more and you can get artisanally made thinner meant only for stripping victorian houses

>usually go through phases of 3 months drunk/3 months sober
>on 3rd month drunk now
>wake up at around 2am after drinking heavily
>go outside for a smoke
>start feeling terrible
>feel light headed
>getting dark
>feeling cold
>feeling weak
>walk upstairs to my apartment
>barely make it without passing out
>get to my toilet and sit down
>shit my brains out
>faint
>wake up a minute later
>drenched in sweat
>can barely see

I guess it's time to sober up.

bump

weed doesn't affect everyone the same way ya dingus. I know because I used to enjoy it, but now I just can't smoke anymore. Every single time I try it again, I turn into a paranoid, anxious wreck.

>finding ways to incorporate booze into recipes
Rye whisky in ramyeon, cream liqour in place of milk for oatmeal.

What is the cheapest, best tasting vodka?

The cheapest best tasting i could find is popov for $17 a half gallon

Same here, but I make it a policy to smoke about once a season because the paranoia helps me see what's wrong in my life with more objectivity, if that makes any sense
Using it regularly is degenerate as fuck

Colt is ass. Cobra 4 life kid.

How bad has everyone's health gotten here?

>samefagging this hard

I've passed probably 7 or 8 kidney stones in the last 2 years. I also just get chest, flank, bladder pain, shortness of breath, etc.

this feel
i can't handle it
will we ever be able to actually enjoy it again?
fuck I miss being high so fucking much

Liquor store was closed yesterday, didn't get much sleep.

Last time I saw a Dr. 5 years ago they urged me to quit drinking because there was scarring on my liver.

Sometimes shit blood and vomit blood. Probably an ulcer, You?