Could a man be so smart that others percieve him as dumb?

Could a man be so smart that others percieve him as dumb?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably not. Besides, if people can only see that man as dumb, maybe he is just dumb.

no. please stop posting.

Yes.

maybe

but not OP. they're just dumb.

It happens all the time. Famous examples are Wildburger and Trump.

Yes, I guess OP is not the case.

Conundrum

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
OPs question is not dunning kruger you ass

OP is experiencing dk

Low quality bait

define "perceive"

The person in question is either autistic or this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Greeks had jokes about how phillosophers where so "air headed" that they could fall on holes while pondering about the universe and stuff

God I feel bad for Perelman.
His soviet schooling drilled into his head that he should strive to be an honorable person, and Mathematics was the most pure, and honorable profession you could into, and that Mathematicians were the most honorable people alive.

His world crashed around him in the aftermath of releasing that paper.

Often highly intelligent people question doxa.
Those that question doxa are often perceived of as deviants, mentally ill or stupid.
- Socrates
- Diogenes
- Galileo
- Ignaz Semmelweis

Ignaz Semmelweis was actually institutionalized simply for suggesting people wash their hands before surgery.
He was harassed and slandered until his family stated he wasn't right in the head because he wouldn't relent his beliefs on sanitation.
He died there.

The DK effect is not what you think it is.
If you feel like a dumbass it's because you're a dumbass.

Pic related.

Mathematicians go from Math to Philosophy in search for the pure, not the other way around.

Reference not given.
0/10

Don't ever talk about Philosophy in my our my wife's sons Science and Mathematics board ever again.

That's not DK though. The dumbest quartile thought they were in the second highest quartile.

You can't do science without the philosophy of science.
This isn't debatable.
Logic is required.
Same is true for math.
Logic is required.
Only psychotics reject logic.
Are you a psychotic?

Well, late Semmelweis was with a legit mental illness no?

I live around rednecks. All you need to do it one-up them even a tiny amount and they fling poo at you. It can be something simple like good grammar, which I really do not have much of. Then they are like, "You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded."

God forbid you actually go to school here and answer correctly, a question posed to the class by the teacher.

Most likely a defamation-induced PTSD-type illness.

>Projection

WeW
Here come the Philosophy majors again

>This isn't debatable.
not an argument

Yes, for example, people think that I am dumb and socially retarded just because my superior intellect causes me to be too nihilistic and apathetic to bother taking part in something as meaningless as socialization.

Sometimes this gorilla poster has some interesting questions. May I ask why you always post gorillas?

That's mostly how it works.

>obvious bait
>/pol/ard flips his shit
KEK

>my superior intellect causes me to be too nihilistic and apathetic to bother taking part in something as meaningless as socialization.
How do you know that's the cause?

More like insane. Dumb people are just dumb.