Veeky Forums improvement general

There has been a lot of talk both here and within the IRC community about potentially splitting the board to improve quality. Here's my take:
>Veeky Forums
Actual serious discussion of cooking and related techniques and recipes. This board would obviously have a sticky.
>/food/
General talk about junk food, restaurants, individual products etc.
YouTube celeb worshippers are generally irrelevant to here and would be confined to /tv/.
This set up would minimise the shit posting and allow the less refined posters to still be able to discuss McDonald's or whatever.
What do you think guys?

Here's an idea. There's this feature called thread hiding. You hide threads you don't like, and you post in ones you do. Amazing.

You autists spend all day posting in threads you hate just to tell everyone you hate those threads. You can simply just hide them and move the fuck on.

We aren't reddit, there's less than 100 boards for a reason.

Huh?

Your free to have all your threads here and ignore what you don't like.
I don't think anyone supports your idea.

>2011 + 5
>making containment boards

we have thread filters for a reason you ass clowns. you never have to see another 'goza or jack thread or flyover complaint thread again if you don't want to, it takes all of 30 seconds to set up.

Fuck off imposter.
Well I think it's a reasonable suggestion.

Nevermind guys, I've changed my mind. Sorry about being a bit of a retard there, i'll be sure to be more familiar with the posting conventions of the website before I recommend changes.

but where would we discuss flyovers

Just like the sticky, it will never happen. That said, I agree that we should have separate boards for food and cooking.

how do you get them to add a subreddit here?

A sticky would be easy. Cooking techniques are pretty objective.

Submit your idea and fucked off.

You're better of doing it directly on the IRC.

t. flyover

Personally I think Veeky Forums self regulates quite well.
Joey got BTFO and the Food Pics From Japan shit-poster has abated recently. Shit Dollar guy is getting a lot of negativity recently as well.
I actually think Veeky Forums is getting better.
>pic related; my dinner, I only post OC.

Fuck off. We don't need more boards.

Veeky Forums moves slow enough as it is, doesn't make sense to split it.

If you want better content than you should contribute better content.

Why do you keep making this thread, just fuck off already

It's a terrible idea it's a slow board as it is, there is clearly enough space for food and cooking here

This
With the exception of aco and trash every single new board we got lately was useless

Veeky Forums is not a slow board.

>I want to read thickened nice things without contributing
pic related, auto-hide posts with words of your choice like "cuck" or "ice cold"
>I want more nice things
contribute

huh?

No.

Junk foods threads take up a lot of traffic and move fast, the opposite of what coolalong threads are for instance.

Hiding the junk food doesn't compensate for the fact that it pushes the slow discussion into 404.

Why go autists always want to create more boards?

Than I suggest you move to /reddit/.

It seems more your style.

>"waaaaah I want my ephemeral messages to stay around longer waaaaah"

Because they're from reddit, where the solution to people disagreeing with you is to create a new echo chamber.

What's the IRC and how do I join it?

Sounds good. Reminds me of the wrestling split from /sp/, board has significantly improved since they moved to /asp/

go
to
hell

if you take food away from cooking, you get two awful piles of shit.

the cooking would turn into a circle jerk
the food would turn into fatasses talking about mc chickens.

the fact of the matter is
>how do you make a mcchicken at home?
ha, fucking rekt. your entire argument is done

soooo...you want the cook along threads to stay up longer?

youre telling me
*macks lips* HOL UP

SO YOU TELLIN ME
*slaps spatula against countertop*
WHATCHYOO SAYIN IS
*slaps hand in flour on counter*
YOU SAYIN YOU WANT COOKALONGS TO LAST DAYS?

nigga, its a cook along. it lasts 2 hours, then theres no reason for it to stay up.
are you that autist from last night thats 30 years old and couldnt handle the pics in the thread being sideways?

also, thanks to this board, ive found a few fuckign awesome cooking channels. you must be a fucking newfag.

cooking and food is a cluster fuck of shitting on eachother and fucking hilarity.
why the fuck is the horrible presentation thread so fuckign funny?
why is the kitchen posting thread alluring?

its because it s a kitchen of loads of different shit, with no controls. faggot sliek you are here all the time and have been here for years. go back to mommies pantry, get yourself some ginger snaps and go back to watching anime. go get a fucking life. leave this board and your home and come back in a month. you are such a fucking autist you want a fuckign anonymous message board to be split. why not fucking go to reddit and play upvote getter 20>current year

fucking fuck if we were in a bar id be stomping you into a booth

People like you represent everything that is wrong with this board, stupid, ignorant and lazy.

your post is a waste of dubs and you personally are a waste of good oxygen
get the fuck off my board and never come back

He's trolling. We all moved to the discord

WHY DO YOU ALL RESPOND TO THIS PASTA LIKE IT'S THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN IT?

It's not pasta, retard.

>tfw you'll never be part of the Veeky Forums IRC.
>tfw you think the discord has any influence.
Stay mad, faggot.