What is the best fish from your country?

Pic related is Tilapia, the best fresh water fish of Brazil.

Also, the best sea water fish is pescada-amarela, it is the most delicious fish of all time!

>ITT we discuss which are the best fishes from each country.

Other urls found in this thread:

ices.dk/sites/pub/Publication Reports/Expert Group Report/acom/2016/WGNSSK/01 WGNSSK report 2016.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cod
>canada

Personally I would say salmon, particularly the pacific varieties(US). I also am a big fan of trout, but that is not very available to cook with.

I like salmon, but sadly most of the salmon we eat is not really caught in the ocean, it is grown in tanks, fed with artificial rations similar to cat peebles, and do not actually have a pink color in their flesh since they do not eat krill.

The color is added to the fish later, it is literally an artificial corant they dye the flesh with to get that nice pinky-orange color.

Kind of worrisome, specially since most of these are GMO salmons, which may or may not cause diseases such as cancers.

I also cringe at fish from the pacific ocean as a whole since the Fukushima acident, there is about 300k liters of radiactive water being leaked into the ocean every day, the prospect of eating irradiated fish is kind of disturbing to me.

>Kind of worrisome, specially since most of these are GMO

KYS

>he fell for the GMO = bad meme

if you want to hate companies like Monsanto for their predatory business practices, that's one thing; if you literally think "GMOs are scary they can give you cancer" then you're just a willfully ignorant idiot. educate yourself.

Southern hake, salmon and tuna

That's bait right? Nobody considers Tilapia to be actually good hopefully.

It's the chicken of the sea.

Don't know the English name but Ikan Kurau

spotted the fiscal conservative

UK
Turbot, Dover Sole, Halibut
We've got them all except big game fish

Kmu dari mana?

is tilapia good, or is it garbage fish?

Tastes like mud, but it's aight

Juicy, hearty, relatively unhealthy food. Fish-onions-fish-various fried veggies-cheese, oven baked.

Crappie, bass, perch, catfish

Rainbow trout

Wouldn't that be zander?

They don't dye the fish dumbass. They add color to the garbage that they feed farm raised salmon. Any time you see Atlantic Salmon it is farm raised. There is no such thing as wild caught Atlantic salmon any more

Sea robbin. Very underated, I understand its not an appealing fish. But once you cut the heads of and fillet a big robbin. Youd understand.

arctic char, salmon, great slave pickerel

Salmon is so fucking creamy and good

Lampuga's pretty nice.

>Tilapia
>Best fish

Gee i don't wanna even know what's the worst fish.

In my country tilapia is considered noxious. Best would probably be barramundi

I work with lots of red mullet and I love it.

>tfw landlocked

Smoked sturgeon is pretty nice, I guess.

Getting hungry just looking at it.

The salmon here in British Columbia is the best.
Pic related. I cooked this tonight.
I like tuna as well but I much prefer it raw.
So I head to the local sushi joint for that.

what's a good grocery store fish for flyovers to get?

McDonalds Filet-o-Fish

Like salmon maybe I don't know

mijn neger

Its a mild tasting freshwater fish and is very versatile to work with, also its really fucking cheap.

swai fillet

cheap buttery delicious loaded with omega 3

this guy is an idiot but I can confirm irradiated fish being sold in the US. If you buy it raw it is shiny and the texture is visibly corrupted if you look closely - avoid yellowfin

I quite like tilapia - I mean, is there any other decent, firm-fleshed white fish that's as cheap?

Then again, I grew up eating it in the 90's

>What is the best fish from your country?

Walleye

America

I agree. The only other fish that rivals tilapia on price is catfish, and catfish just doesn't taste as good.
And stop saying shit like "XYZfish is better!"
If it costs five times more, of course its fucking better, what did you expect?
user is always poor, and price matters.
My nigger. This. If you can throw a line in the water and clean a fish, then catch it yourself. Walleye is top-tier.

just about all fish populations around the world are depleted and approaching extinction.

stop eating them, so they have a chance to recover (which i doubt they will)

oversimplified.
Tilapia is approaching extinction guys! Save them!

Of course some species are overfished and unsustainable, but you cant say "just about all".

Instead, list the specific species and region in which they are caught which are unsustainable. Otherwise you look like a complete retard.

gefilte fish, goy

why do we grow fish? why not just eat the nutrients we feed to them; they can't produce anything we don't feed to them. They can't create something from nothing.

>why not just eat the nutrients we feed to them; they can't produce anything we don't feed to them. They can't create something from nothing

t. clueless moron with no grasp of basic biochemistry

i dont think you quite understand how bad the situation is.

I actually enjoy Tilapia quite a bit, even though it's often made fun of in the u.s.

I just wish you could get much thicket cuts. Here in flyover land, they are thin as fuck

Farm raised salmon is pretty good even though cu/ck/s make fun of it

I'll fix you a nice big plate of TILAPIA FEED! Bon Appétit!

"Oh, I heard something, from someone, on Facebook! I didn't understand it, but they were super serious guys!"

look into it yourself, fking faggot

Swordfish. We also get Tuna, mackerel, carp etc. I live in Gibratar.

Norway.

Best fresh water fish I'd say trout.

Salt water? Everyone will say cod or whatever, but very little beats freshly caught mackerel in the summer with new potatoes, sour cream w. chives and a cucumber salad.

>omega 3
Toilet fish loaded with omega 6.

JOHN
FUCKING
DORY

Monkfish, turbot or hulibot. I usually just eat it with a light saffron cream and reduced wine sauce. Something with a tarragon sauce. Make sure you eat it in the right season.

Go eat some lobster you fucking fish cuck, as it's the only sustainable fishing industry, but oh wait, fuck off and actually do some research before going back to eating your sustainable ramen

Gotta be this bad boy or grouper
Those are some good fish

Tilapia is a pretty solid fish, Juicy and a bit more dense than your average whitefish I enjoy it.

>there's no way a company as big as Monsanto could spend so hard they even pervert the entire academic-research-media process that let's us know of dangers.

>t. Totally a scientist guise

Finland
Perch, arctic char and zander are my favorite.

Are they allowed to sell "wild caught" that is just a big fat lie?

youll see in 20yrs that you wont be able to get any of the fish you are gorging yourself on now.

stupid fuckwit.

that is correct
not allowed to sell wild Atlantic salmon

that, among many many other kinds of fish are being fished out of existence because disgusting fat people and fuckwits dont know how to eat responsibly.

Yes, enjoy as much fish as possible before japs eat them all.

its not the japs exclusively

its fat fuckwits and irresponsible retards world-wide

people have no fucking idea how bad the fish population issues are, as well water pollution and how the entire ecosystem of entire oceans has been changed by overfishing.

fking niggers think there is an endless supply

Just go with the flow into the inevitable end of human race and life on earth. Greed is gonna greed and no amount of bitching about it on the internet or personally not eating fish is going to change the situation. If it makes you feel better so be it but it won't change shit.

i would say grouper
> malaysia

how much does a kilo of bashmati rice costs there ? is it considered cheap?

*Fishcal conservative

Nope, it's the cornucopians.

The fuckwits spending the last century saying population is not a problem are in the way of any real solutions. I will not reduce the quality of my life while those fuckwits are still in charge, what's the point? Any life style can be rendered unsustainable with a large enough population and the low IQ races will produce that population if not stopped one way or another.

Any way, Hollandse Nieuwe is the fish of my people. Personally I prefer plaice though, one of cheapest local flatfish.

t. fungi

no, its people like you.

> Personally I prefer plaice though, one of cheapest local flatfish.
>Atlantic Flatfish

>This group of fish includes flounder, sole, and halibut that are caught off the Atlantic coast. They found their way onto the list because of heavy contamination and overfishing that dates back to the 1800s. According to Food and Water Watch, populations of these fish are as low as 1 percent of what's necessary to be considered sustainable for long-term fishing.

> North Sea Plaice

> Spawning Stock Biomass is at a record high level. Fishing pressure is at an all time low and recruitment of juveniles remains stable.

Not that I give a shit. It's not like the Arabs who people like you are trying to replace me with will give a shit. They will just keep breeding and fucking it all up, like they did at home.

The chance of a peaceful route human population was gone the moment colonization ended. Now Malthus will have to take care of it.

Peaceful route to a sustainable human population I meant to say.

This is depressingly true

>Current status

>Plaice, along with the other major demersal fish in the North Sea such as cod, monkfish and sole, is listed by the ICES as "outside safe biological limits."

>Moreover, they are growing less quickly now and are rarely older than six years, whereas they can reach forty.[20] The World Wide Fund for Nature says that in 2006 that "of the eight plaice stocks recognised by ICES, only one is considered to be harvested sustainably while three are overexploited.

> Data is insufficient to assess the remaining stocks; however, landings for all stocks are at or near historical lows."[21]

Im not a vegan, or vegetarian, or some animal rights shit.

But the reality of the fish situation is fking severe. Tbh nobody that doesnt need to eat fish for subsistence, should be eating fish.

2006 is a long time ago. If you want to be a good little socially conscious lefty you might want to edit jewipedia. Plaice and sole have been within safe biological limits in the North Sea since 2011.

The EU for as long as it stays majority white really does try to take care of the environment within it's sphere of control. Except unfortunately keeping it white, which will destroy all its effort in the end.

the North Sea is a piece of shit with almost all of its native fish types overfished beyond sustainability.

Dont be a fking naive cucktard.

>The EU for as long as it stays majority white really does try to take care of the environment within it's sphere of control.
The EU has completely fked the North Sea.

For example, cod fishing is forbidden in the North Sea by EU regulations.

But that doesnt stop fishing trawlers still pulling up every cod they come across (which kills the fish btw), and then dump the dead cod back into the water afterwards.

Then the fking EU experts/dipshits/dutch/danish fucktards wonders why the cod population is not recovering, and why the North Sea rate of eutrophication

It's nice that you quote ICES when it suits you, but you just rely on anecdotal propaganda from fishing fleets who hate quotas when it doesn't.

PS. assuming I was talking to one person, if not mea culpa.

update it yourself:
ices.dk/sites/pub/Publication Reports/Expert Group Report/acom/2016/WGNSSK/01 WGNSSK report 2016.pdf

The North Sea is fucked, and you know it.

Farmed cod is okay though.

fish farms are extremely polluting, as well as invariably the fish that manage to escape also cause further ecological disruption but to the remainder of their own species as well as others.

fish farms are also a vector for epidemics.

Ideally we'd just put remote controls on juvenile fish and then have them swim back to be caught when they've grown. Kinda like those parasitic brain worms.

Bit of googling actually shows some scientists trying to do this with pavlovian training, but the fish have short memories.

Ah yes gurnard, bloody great tasting fish

Lake Erie smallmouth bass. Delicious.

Farmed fish are necessary to prevent the total depletion of wild resources

Surubim a best