WHAT BITCOIN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE?

WHAT BITCOIN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE?

Just watched half of this documentary didn't have time to finish it. I highly recommend you watch it. Very good brief on the beginnings of Bitcoin and what it was trying to disrupt and the enigma of Satoshi the original players who are now in jail. The regulations etc.

I'm a little freaked out about us deviating from the real reason why Crypto even exists. To create a decentralized global currency free from governments or banks or corporate greed.

Circle now owns poloniex and circles main investor is ((Goldman Sachs)). ((They)) are trying to take crypto away from us and make it like every other monetary system.

fastcompany.com/40537404/how-bitcoin-ends

This is much bigger than lambos on the Moon. What are we going to do about it?... Thoughts?

is it on netflix?

"To create a decentralized global currency free from governments or banks or corporate greed. "

Do you know how many people that involves? Literally everyone.

I watched it on popcorn time. Not sure if it's on Netflix. I'm going to yoga. Hoping to read some good discussions on here when I get back

poloniex is an exchange that requires verification to trade
it is also based in the US, right?
anyone that is surprised that an exchange that had restrictions based on IDENTITY is now making moves to integrate into establishment is RETARDED

I don't actually know. Its all my opinion but ya. I could be wrong I'm just starting my opinion

Its not a pipedream. The infrastructure is being set up all around you.

this documentary was made years after the play had been running but it hints quite a bit at what we're trying to achieve

I'm saying that you can't have something free from governments, banks, and corporate greed because those things are issues with humanity, not currencies.

What are you talking about? This board is full of greedy people. Crypto is going to be regulated and honestly easier to regulate than fiat because blockchains are public data. There are already crypto banks being created.

This.

You pick your battles. In this case realize you are early and are witnessing the birth of a new asset class. In most times retail money (we here on biz) gets in last. This time, however, we are able to get in before the institutional money. You want to change the world that's cool, but realize that control of the flow of money is what governments do. The USA has done horrible fucked up things for the past 100 years to make sure the dollar remains where it is. Blockchain and crypto will change things but not overnight

>what are anonymous coins
>what are decentralised exchanges
>what are crypto marketplaces
>what are decentralised crypto marketplaces

do you even know what you're talking about or are you just interested in framing this as an inevitable victory by authority?

how did piracy turn out for them huh? Was bureaucracy able to keep up with piracy, are people scared off it now? Or is it part of the culture now, hmmm?

exchanges ruined everything

btc only works if you cannot cash out
you participate in mining, you get coins
you offer a service, you get coins
you want a service, you give coins

cashing out ruins this cycle, ties it to fiat and turns it into a speculation game
banks have won long ago

greed was always going to be an obstacle user

Even if you go against the establishment and are victorious there will just be a new establishment created by those winners. The very thing crypto wants to destroy will be created in a new form because that's just how humans operate. It's about perspective. You just want to be on the winning side and I get that, but to think we're going to eliminate greed and corruption is naive.

The difference being the new group will have a much larger contingent of ex working class people / people with working empathy

upgrading if anything

blame the chinks. without true mining decentralizatiom bitcoin is forever crippled, and coins that arent centralized inside one shitty country will have the upper hand when real action starts being taken against these currencies.

either the chinks need to be forcibly removed from bitcoin, or better, we need huge mining farms around the rest of the world, to bring bitcoin back to at least not being compromised by the chinks.

Definitely and things will be good for a while as the new elite will be more empathetic, but with that empathy they will spoil their children with all their new money because they "just want whats best for them". Then their children's children will be spoiled and so on and so forth until that original working class mentality is long forgotten. We'll be back to square one.

>WHAT BITCOIN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE?

A high tech pyramid scheme. Satoshi didn't reveal himself because he didn't want bagholders to lynch him.

It's a long drawn out process because we are locked to learning generationally
Just because it will be slow
Does not mean its wrong to seek a better alternative

I guess it mage me think about what Vitaly was talking about when he was dating this is more than lambos on the Moon

Yes

>decentralized global currency free from governments or banks or corporate greed.

Right now monero is this. Or close to this.

And look at the name.
Monero.
They used esperanto = neutral language.
They called it "money". Simple as that.
They made infinite inflation which helps from becoming speculative pump and dump coin.
They made wide distribution. And now they're preparing to change algo in case if asics become a treat.
This is the real decentralized peer to peer money.

Is Monero a good investment? I honestly don't know much about it

I think it is and I'm going to invest.
Not waiting for fast gains, but I predict slow growth.

this Fast Company article is clickbait. "The End of Bitcoin" sounds like a fucking Time Magazine attention grabber. Regardless of what happens to Bitcoin, cryptocurrency is here to stay. I have and will continue to use crypto where I can, because I have felt firsthand the effects of the centralized banking system, in the good old US of A. ((They)) will always try to get their greedy fucking hands on us common folks but this crypto rush has given me confidence that the generation behind me (I'm mid 30's) at least has the intellect and drive to stay a few steps ahead of them. There are fucking trillions of dollars stuffed away by the banking cartel, loaned out to you at obscene interest, just so you stay hungry, on that hamster wheel, maybe even go bankrupt from all your debt, and then hop back on it out of shame. Don't let them win young anons

Yes absolutely. It's the bluechip privacy coin. But if you want to speculate on high returns monero isn't your go to coin, there's very competitive low mcap privacy coins out there that will most certainly bring you insane returns.

I just want to have alternative and I do. I don't really care about crashing ((them)) meaning I don't believe crypto will make it anytime soon.
Tokenized gold requires trusted parties when it comes to backing of the tokens with the real gold, but doesn't require a middleman to make transactions via internet. Looks better than both fiat and crypto for me but there are some unsolved problems with it too. Trusted parties and token loss. Hence, monero for now.

>WHAT BITCOIN WAS SUPPOSED TO BE?
you personal humanless offshore

It's "digital gold", and as such it was going to disrupt the gold market.

I unironically like the fact that lightning makes btc less profitable for miners.
Waiting for samsung asics now and hope that elastos will fail (unlikely). Changing algo would give us all a lot of fun.